BBB Accredited Business since 03/14/1995

Mr. Transmission

05/08/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My car ran smooth when it broke down. They said a tune up was needed. It runs so rough now. They said, well, we got it running. Thats a good job?
On Tuesday April 8th, my car broke down. I called their towing company and they took it to the repair shop and said someone should call you in the morning when they get there. They did.
I then authorized the repair work, which they stated was a tune up (spark plugs, cables, etc..) along with a new distributer cap and rotor button and coil. Now, mind you, my car was running fine but when I went to stop at a red light, it shut down. Very unexpectedly. But, the car ran smooth. Like butter.
The first day, I am waiting for them to call me to give me an update on the vehicle but I hear nothing. So I check to see when they closed and it turns out they closed half an hour before I was wanting to call them. So I call them just to see if I can get any kind of update. The guy on the phone says well, was it promised to you today? I then told him well, it was kind of inferred. A job like this shouldn't take this long.
He then tells me that they are working on the timing chain and that is at least a 2 to 3 day job. I was very confused because that was not what I had authorized. He then stated, after I told him about my confusion, well I I know they started working on it and they should start work on that, first thing in the morning.
So the next day arrives and not a single call from them. Now a simple tune up, in my past experiences, is only a 1 to 2 hour job. So I decided to walk over there.
I walk past and I noticed my car it sounds different. It is about this time I received a phone call from them telling them my car is completed. I walk in, pay, finally looking forward to finally having my car back, and walk outside and turn on the ignition. The car starts to shake very bad. The windows are rattling. So I place it in reverse to see if maybe it is something up. It shakes even worse. So I turn the ignition off, it has been a day and a half and I am upset because my car is is in a worse state than before it broke down.
I walk inside and he seems very confused about the situation so he walks out with me and turns ignition on himself.
He then states all that is weird. So he takes it to the back of the shop and begins to figure out what is up.
It is now coming up to closing time and I can tell he wants to go home. He asked if it would be okay to keep the car for another night. I say okay. So, today April 11th, I go there and it is still nowhere to be completed. After waiting about an hour and a half to two hours, he comes in saying that we couldn't fix the shaking but it doesn't do it once you get going down the road.
Again, my car was not doing that before it broke down.
After talking to him about it and stating that it didn't do that before they started to work on it, I told him it runs worse than it did before you guys started working on it. He then stated well, when we started working on it, it didn't run at all.
To me, the consumer or the person paying for a service that he is providing, that response tells me that a good job, in their minds, is just getting a car that wouldn't start, started. A bill that is $320.32 not including tax, deserves more than this.
My car is shaky, my car doesn't go down the road smooth, and even after this "tuneup" that they said should fix the problem, it doesn't. To me, that is a lack of knowledge and with the response I got from the first phone call that day about how I, the consumer, was wrong when it would be completed, the customer service is not of the par as they express so greatly in the waiting room.
I now have a car that doesn't run as well as it did just a little over 48 hours ago, and they have no idea what is wrong with it. To get any kind of idea it would cost me into the thousands of dollars. And that is to get any idea on what is wrong with it.
I am very upset because the service was not as good as I was expecting, the knowledge was not there, the customer support was not there and I have a car that runs like a pile of you know what. And they think that is a good job worth $320.

I would love a full refund, but because I understand business, half the amount back would be perfect. They got the car started, but they didn't fix the problem, they made it worse. They fixed the symptom but they didn't cure the disease. The car shakes, the windows rattle, engine and shakes very horribly and the biggest thing is, to me, that they are taking a sense of pride in that.
They "Advertise "that they go beyond what is to be expected from a repair place, and that their customer service is incredible. Unless I am the only one out of the company's history, I find that very hard to believe.
Nearly 3 days to complete a job that should've only taken two hours, and not a single call to tell me that they were closing and would need to keep it overnight, that first night.
Sure my car "runs" now, but it doesn't run as well as it did not even 48 hours ago.
Because they made it work but did not fix it, they have done half the job and in my mind, from the consumer's point of view, half the pay.

We towed in Mr. ***** 1975 Plymouth Valiant because he said was driving it and it just died. We found the car was in desperate need of a tune up and coil was bad. We perform a tune replacing spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor button and coil. That got the vehicle running and we have assume that is how the vechicle was running before.when
when Mr. ***** came to pick up his vehicle he said the vechicle was running rough when he started it. So we recheck the vechile and replaced the spark plugs and wires again. We perform a compression check at no charge and found we had low compression on number 3 cyl. We hoped that Mr. ***** engine had cyl. wash on the rings and they would reseal after driving. Nothing we did to get 1975 Plymouth Valiant running again would casue low compression on a cyl. Therefore we did eveything properly that we charged Mr. ***** for. We don't believe that Mr. ***** is in type any refund.

If I cannot have any type of refund from a company such as this, a bad review on numerous websites and social sites will have to do. I am still dumbfounded that they believe what they did was considered a good job to them. ****** ****** is actually who towed me, not Mr. Transmission. Under name, they did not tow me. Leaving the customer in the dark, rudeness on the phone, not even sub-par service on the Mr. Transmission side....I am shocked they are in business.
Word of mouth is a powerful thing. The internet is a powerful thing. Those two objects I have just mentioned, along with the overpriced tune-up that took two and a half days to complete, this company will not be in service for very long.

08/29/2014Advertising / Sales Issues