Blue Crystal Pools

04/10/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Blue Crystal Pool has been unable to get the upper jets in our hot tub to work properly, since installation in June of 2014.
Blue crystal pool changed the original contract without authorization from me. We were told they had installed many pool/spa combinations and would love the remote control functions to adjust pool and spa controls ( lights, heater, spill over function) Blue crystal pool decided the remote function was too expensive and did not install this feature. Blue Crystal Pool was contracted to have a separate spa pack for the hot tub, but changed that also without our authorization. Blue Crystal Pool stated they could run the pool and spa through one filter, pump, and heater however after many attempts and openly acknowledging this was his first attempt at this the spa does not function properly. There is not enough pressure to the upper jets. We have been very paitent but sometimes it takes 3 weeks to hear from them. Blue Crystal Pool has received all of their draws on time, and we even gave them $1500.00 dollars of the final $2500.00 draw to pay for parts to correct the spa issue. The spa still doesnot work as designed and we were told its getting too cold to work on. We contracted with Blue Crystal Pool in October of 2013.

We want our hot tub to work properly. We want Blue Crystal Pool to show some urgency in fixing the issue. Blue Crystal pool continues to work on other projects and ignores his responsibility to finish our job, or hire another BBB pool/spa repairman to fix it correctly.

Blue crystal pools
Letter of Intent

To ***** and *** ****** & The Better Business Bureau
This Letter is to make aware all parties of the intent
for the ******* swimming pool . I have diligently worked to resolve any troubles with the ******* swimming pool or hot tub . I have had great communication with the ******* until the last encounter resolved to be out of bounds around
11/15/14 . I am willing to resolve the trouble
with one single plumbing line to the hot tub supplying five jets , installing a air sensor , grounding a lug to a piece of p.v.c. and metal at the filter pad . I am willing to complete these things to the agreement that neither i or the ******* will have any slanderous or uncordial dialogue during or after the completion of the job . That the balance left of one thousand dollars will be paid after the completion of resolving these matters .I am also only able to resolve these matters according to my schedule which includes the scheduling of many jobs . I do not assume any of my customers wish to wait for the completion of their jobs however that is the nature of businesses . I am estimating thirty to sixty days before i can come to the ******* to resolve these matters .

In response to Mr. ******* desire to have these remote features and any change made to our agreement. In our agreement i was inclined to include every feature to the ratio of compliment but i asserted to Mr. ****** it must retain within my budget also . I made Mr . ****** aware some of these features might change such as the spa pack under the hot tub or at the filter pad and a gas heater vs spa pack heater . The spa is out of the ground and another contractor was contracted to make a stone wall around it and the patio. Not knowing the perimeters of their wall system changes were necessary . This happens on a job , circumstances change and other alternatives are implied and used . Due to the water hydraulics of any equipment system , all of them can have variances that are narrow or wide . I in fact re plumbed the ******* entire equipment pad from 2 inch pipe to 2 and a half and three inch pipe . I also removed the filter and replaced with a larger over sized filter for much larger flow capacity . The system is all together much more powerful and all that is needed is to resolve one plumbing line that supplies the top five jets to the hot tub . Mr. ****** had also complained and aggressively spoke to me that he was not pleased where i placed the jets in the hot tub which was inconsequent because all of these jets were placed in localization to the contours of the seats and the spa form . The fiberglass hot tubs are manufactured by other companies .

I am willing to resolve the matters stated in the beginning of this letter ,
Best regards

Blue crystal pool openly admits he is scheduling jobs and working on them instead of finishing our project. Working with his schedule will only prolong the issue. Blue crystal pool needs to finish our job completely. If he is unable to do this he could sub contract the job out to someone who is qualified. There needs to be a completion date set, not an estimated date to begin. In the current condition we feel there are safety concerns with not properly grounded wiring, and open electrical panel that could cause an injury. We have always paid Blue Crystal Pool when asked for his Draw and even paid over half of his last draw because he stated he needed the money to finish our job. Now he wants to proceed with other jobs that pay more rather than finish our job which will only net him 1000.00. We are asking that our job takes priority and Blue Crystal Pool lives up to its binding contract and finishes our job with no further delay. Regarding Blue Crystal Pools response to the stone wall built around the hot tub, I suggest you talk to ******* ********** in Mt. Juliet as Blue crystal pool and he worked together on this project and Blue crystal pool was originally suppose to provide the enclosure with an access panel, Blue crystal pool told ******* ********** they had to provide the stone wall enclosure. Please feel free to contact ***** ******* at ******* *********** he will gladly tell you about the experiences. In regards to the plumbing and bigger filter, they were changed because Blue Crystal Pool openly admitted to us he did not use a big enough filter in the beginning and it was restricting the flow to the spa.

Blue Crystal Pool continues to delay finishing this project. We have been very patient, and feel he needs to schedule our job with priority and continue through completion. We do not want him starting this and leaving to work on another project before completion. The pictures we sent you are just a few of many I have taken to document the lack of urgency or desire to work in a timely manner. If Blue Crystal Pool does not have the time to complete our project perhaps he or the BBB can recommend a qualified company to finish it. Blue crystal Pool would of course pay for this, and if it cost less than the $1000.00 dollars owed, we would pay the difference to Blue Crystal Pool. Bottom line is we want the hot tub to function properly, we have always paid on time, and feel we are being unfairly mistreated, and having to continuously wait is unacceptable.

I have stayed in contact resolved two of the four concerns ,everything works , but I conveyed to mr ****** I was unable to accomplish the task of the hot tub . He is ok with that . there is a thousand dollars left in the agreement to suffice for the small repair to a hot tub jet that is exposed and aware of the problem , he will contract another company to repair the single jet to finish the job