We were referred to Mission by our contractor, and based on the showroom and initial design consultation we were initially impressed. However, we experienced let downs at every level of their operation and so I would avoid this place and go to the many other great tile companies in Nashville. Here is the run down:
- Nice showroom
- Convenient location
Cons: everything else
- Showroom - displays many brands of tile that they no longer can obtain. We settled on a design scheme we really liked only to be told during ordering that they were unable to order some of the tile we had chosen from their showroom. Very frustrating, but we were able to order from a competitor very easily (props to **** at ****** **** in Nashville)
- Ordering - after placing the order and getting charged, we found out that the sales person did not actually order the tile. This set our job back by a week.
- Order fulfillment - after getting an email from them that our tile had arrived, our contractor went to pick up the package only to be told that the tile wasn't there. He went back after they notified us again of the arrival only to be told AGAIN that the tile wasn't there. He was resourceful and talked to somebody else, and they found the tile in the warehouse.
- Order packaging - when our contractor opened the tile, he found that the tile had been packed in a way that the protective plastic sheets between each sheet of tile had adhered to the bottom. This ruined the rather expensive tile since it can't bond with the plastic on the bottom.
- Customer service - we called Mission after each of these snafu's and they could never give us a straight answer. They referred us to a new manager who is based in DC and he never really delivered either. I gave him the courtesy of responding with some explanations prior to posting this review, but he was brusque and not interested in smoothing things over.
- Problems at every level of the organization. Avoid if you want a timely and smooth project.
This customer had a NEGATIVE experience with this business.
This customer WOULD NOT recommend the business to a friend, family member, neighbor or colleague.
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in 45 counties in MiddleTennessee and Southern Kentucky. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Mission Stone & Tile Company, Inc. is in this range.
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
BBB began including complaint response text in BBB Business Reviews on July 1, 2013. BBB reports the complaint response text for all reportable complaints against a business that are received electronically.
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score.
Customer Review Experience
5 points per review
3 points per review
1 point per review
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business. Details
BBB Letter Grade Scale
Star Rating scale
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Rating in addition to all other available information about the business. If the BBB Rating is NR then only Customer Reviews are used for the Star Rating.
We offer free reviews on businesses that include background, licensing, consumer experience and other information such as governmental actions that is known to BBB. These reviews are provided for businesses that are BBB accredited and also for businesses that are not BBB accredited.