BBB Accredited Business since 09/03/2012

Allied Waste Services of Murfreesboro

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

12/08/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I'm being charged for more than a month's worth of service for them to make one trip to pick up my container.
I've been a customer with Allied Waste (Republic Services) for several years. I wanted to begin recycling so I called them to ask about recycling services they offered. They informed me that they do not offer any recycling services in my area. I informed them that I wanted to cancel my account with them so that I could open up a new account with a company that offers recycling services. A few days later, I got a bill for $37.15. When I cancelled my account, it was at the end of the old billing period/beginning of the new one. I did not receive any service during the new billing period. No trash was picked up from my house during the new billing period. I called to ask about the bill. I explained the situation to the lady. She said she would be willing to take off $17.15 since I did not have any trash picked up from my house during the new billing period, but that the $20 fee for removing my container would remain. $20 for one trip to remove a container? Really? Three months worth of service which includes a pick up every Friday is $45. One month of service which includes a pick up every Friday is $15. Why do they have to charge $20 for one trip to pick up my container? Especially when I've been a loyal customer to them for several years, even keeping them when I moved? $20 seems very excessive for one trip to pick up the container. If they would have told me they were going to charge me $20 to come pick it up, I would have brought it to them myself. That is ridiculous! I told her that I could understand if they wanted to charge $5 to come pick it up, but $20? That's more than an entire month's worth of service! If/when they ever do offer recycling services in my area, I'll be sure to not use this company and advise all of my friends and neighbors to avoid them as well if that's how they repay years of being a loyal customer!

This business drives right by my house every Friday. There are several neighbors who use this company. They didn't have to make a special trip to pick up my container. They drive right past my house on their route. There is no reason for them to charge me $20 to pick up a container. And there is no reason why the man who cancelled my account for me shouldn't have told me that this fee would apply if/when they come pick up my container. Like I said, if he would have told me they were going to charge me $20, I would have brought it to them myself. Since they didn't tell me that the fee would apply, and since they didn't give me the option of returning the container myself, and since I've been a loyal customer for years, I believe that they should waive this fee and leave my account at a zero balance. Thank you.

Due to your years of loyalty, we are crediting off the disuputed charges.

Thank you for doing the right thing. I may reconsider your recycling services if/when they become available in my area... and if your prices beat the competition. Right now I'm paying $12 per month for a pick-up every other Friday, no sorting required. I dare you to beat it! :)

06/03/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I have sent proof of payment to their predecessor twice, which they vowed to honor. They refuse to honor my payments made in now applying late fees.
Allied Waste took over *** Disposal with promises to honor all payments made to *** to roll over to their accounts. I have proven twice with documented evidence it was paid to ***. They have refused to honor my payments and now are applying late fees to what is owed them! All their documentation stating they would honor previous payments was simply advertising hipe!

$15.50 and for them to keep their word to all the other customers who are having similiar issues with them!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have cleared the $15.50 off of your account for the February invoice and also issued you a credit for the $15.50 on you April invoice as a courtesy. Your current account balance is zero. We appreciate having you as a customer and we hope this rectifies any issues you may have had. Thank You.

09/03/2012Problems with Product / Service