BBB Accredited Business since 09/13/1996

Reliable Roofing, Construction & Repair Service, Inc.

11/25/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

No email or phone response. Side bldg roofing repair & replacement completed, $1394 pd 9/12.

NN Fix FIRE HAZARD fireplace install & sky light leak
NO response from Reliable Roofing to website email contact request, no response to 2 phone calls.

Issues 1 and 2 MUST be resolved.

1. FIRE HAZARD DISCOVERED THURS 10/16: Reinstalled vent pipe from roof to fireplace below connected to fire box incorrectly raised up ceiling of fire-ready firebox

2. Skylight - after first hard rain, skylight leaks into room below. Roofer tech indicated when roofers were on the job that the skylight may be problematic, would not be warranted contrary to what sales rep had indicated

3. Already resolved: white color shingle shade color (Shasta white) WAS DIFFERENT but issue was resolved w/ rep

1. FIRE HAZARD Reliable Roofing techs come ASAP to reinstall the vent pipe to its prior-to-roofing-job former condition. Safe fireplace use must be possible, where small sheet of metal roof of fire box in the room below attached to vent pipe is not raised up, no crack in the top back corner, no wood or insulation visible when looking up into the ceiling of the firebox. Must be able to reinstall gas fireplace logs which had been used for 20 years, removed for worker access prior to roofing repair.

2. Reliable Roofing techs come ASAP to do any needed repairs around skylight to remedy leak.

IF customer satisfaction issues can not be resolved I'm asking for full or partial refund

We were aware that we needed to return. We did not replace the skylight or the fire box vent as it was not part of our job scope. The firebox vent needed to be adjusted to the sheet metal on top of a firebox after the new roof was put on. We returned on 11.3.14 and made the adjustment on the vent. During that visit we also sealed the skylight.
After receiving the BBB notice I called the customer even though we had an open work order. He was very understanding and volunteered to re-send the BBB report after our service call.

Neither of the items were part of the roofing job that we had agreed to do. These were areas that needed to be worked around while installing the new roof.

NOT ENTIRELY. Info / roofing job agreement items clarification:

1. Much appreciate Rel. Roof. timely email, (2) phone responses & subsequent tech followup (2) service calls, efforts after the job to complete job satisfactorily.

2. Though skylight was not replaced, the skylight did not leak till after Rel. Roof. replaced shingles. I expected no leaks as was warranted and paid for. After first hard rain it leaked a conainer full of water on to the floor below at the corner of the skylight / wood molding connected to the ceiling. EVEN NOW after 2 followup tech service calls and a recent slow soaking rain, there is a small leak on to floor below.

3. Until vent pipe was repositioned by followup tech, gas logs would have burned framing wood and insulation which Rel. Roof. roofers left exposed. I was very surprised and disappointed when I looked up into and inspected the (no longer fire ready) fire box after the roofers had completed the roofing job. AND I respectfully disagree, but this VERY IMPORTANT FIRE SAFETY DETAIL (vent pipe proper position) was overlooked, not completed correctly. It may have caused a serious problem. To not consider returning the vent pipe to its former absolutely fire ready position (SAFE connection in that firebox) as an integral part of the agreed to roofing job isn't acceptable. Workers need to understand this may have turned into a tragedy.

Again, all due respect and thank you for an otherwise top quality roofing job, but HEADS UP Rel. Roof. When the skylight leak gets and stays fixed completely I'll be a satisfied customer and gladly withdraw the complaint.

We wish to explain again that we did not replace any part of the fireplace system or vent pipe or skylight as it was not in the scope of work we were hired to do. We have returned to this customer to fix these issues and will until the customer is satisfied. We are returning again today, 11/13/14 to hopefully bring this case to a resolve.

10/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Put new roof on house. Damaged inside ceiling when throwing bales on roof. Also don't know how to do chimney flashing.
Roof/chimney flashing replaced by Reliable Roofing in April of 2012 for the amount of $10.935.00. Since that time I have been getting the "run around" as to when they will repair my ceiling damaged by their workers. They threw the shingles on the roof so hard that the dry wall was damaged and the recessed lighting was hanging down by the wires. (I had to go out and tell them to stop that as well as called the rep, ******* about it.)******* came over and put the lights back up and said someone would be fixing the ceiling. (He is no longer with the company).

***** (owner) has lied several times as well as his representatives. They have tried several times to fix the flashing of the chimney.

Finally sent a man over to look at ceiling in June of this year (after being put off being promised for all this time someone would be calling and coming over to take care of it.)

Man was "****", who said he couldn't do it until we moved the furniture. I said that was not my problem..I wasn't moving any furniture. The person who originally fixed it before Reliable Roofing damaged it, moved it themselves..part of the job. Then he said paint would not match would have to paint whole ceiling. I said "if you would have fixed this in a timely manner, it would have matched". Again...should not be my problem. Would expect whole ceiling repainted.

Called the ****, the new representative, who came over in May and accessed the damages and assured me that he understood my frustration with the company and would see to it that the problems were corrected. I told him the situation and what **** said. He said he'd get back to me.

He called in a day or two and asked how much it would take for them to just write a check for the ceiling repair and I have it done. I got an estimate or $525 and emailed it to him. Got a check back on 8/1 for less than half the amount with written on the "for" line: compromise amount believe from rock and not roof."

This is a referral to the fact that they are unable to fix the flashing, which was an added itemized price during the time they put on the roof of $960...nothing to do with the ceiling.

When I called ****, he said he was out of it now. Suggested that I call Reliable Roofing.

Called ***** (owner) said he was in a meeting would call me back after the meeting. That was 8/1. Not heard from him yet as of 8/6.

I am seeking the amount to fix the ceiling of $525 and the amount I paid them for the flashing of the chimney for $960 totaling $1485. This has taken entirely too much of my time and energy to get this company to follow through on their promises. I never want to call them again and want to get someone who actually knows how to do roof flashing to finish the job they were supposed to do. I also need the damage fixed on my ceiling.
This company is not interested in customer service and the owner not only won't take my phone calls when he knows who is calling, he won't return phone calls. I am tired of dealing with them. I think the owner believes that because I am a female, he can rip me off and it be the end of it.

We did the roof and it has been very difficult to determine conditions before the roofing was done or after. We do know that we sealed the rock, (stone) chimney. This chimney is not brick or siding, it is stone (irregular surface and mortar). The history of rock chimneys is that they are hard to seal and hold the coating. We coated the chimney and to our knowledge and several months, there was no problem. When Mrs. ******* reported the problem later to us, **** went to the residence and found what looked like hail had totally beat, abrated, and destroyed the coating and surface of the stone on one side of the chimney. We have photos of the chimney in this condition. Therefore we decided to compromise and send her a check for aprox 50% of her painting total. Note: There could be some in the charge for painting, just to get access to the area. A lot of furniture and stuff. We have photos. We have found that most of or not all of the "stone" rock chimneys are a problem to sea and hold moisture out. We sent the check, and would be very pleased to discuss with you a remedy to Mrs. *******'s issue. I am sending her the balance of the $525.00, a check for $293.00.

I received the two checks totaling $545 to fix the ceiling damaged by their workmen.

There is still the issue of the chimney flashing which they were paid $960. They have been over numerous times to fix this yet it still leaks. If I pay someone to flash a chimney, I would not expect it to leak. I have lost count of the times I have called them to come and solve the problem, but when I speak to *****, the owner, he cannot get me off the phone fast enough and unless he answers the phone I don't get to talk to him at all because he does not return my phone calls. Even when he told he would call me back, he didn't.
From April 2012 till September 2013, I am tired of dealing with this company and do not expect that they will be able to fix the problem. Obviously he doesn't believe they will be able to fix the problem either as proven by his note attached to the last check. All l get from him is excuses...blaming my chimney. Because he took my money, if he doesn't have someone who can fix the leak around the chimney, he should refund the $960 to me so I can have it done by someone who knows how.

We still feel that the chimney flashing is secure and not the issue. We had sealed the "Rock" chimney and mortar. After our work the chimney was hit with a hail storm knocking off pieces of rock and mortar. Water will go through Rock and especially the pores of the mortar. We do not have any history of problems. Our company will re-seal with geoseal the chimney at no additional cost to the customer.
This job was sold and originally handled by an employee that she mentioned in her complaint and is no longer with the company. Short of being totally taken advantage of, I feel that compensation and now re-sealing the chimney should be ok.
The service technician that has checked the roof-flashing and the rock chimney has been with Reliable Roofing for 20 years.