Pyramids Cafe Nashville

08/15/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Cashier ripped me off $10, when I gave her a $20 bill she gave me back two ones and said I gave her ten. I requested to speak to the owner and he refused to do anything about it and said he would check his drawer at the end of the night and for me to leave my number and that he would call either way (in which he never called).
Product_Or_Service: Gyro & Drink

I would like my $10.00 back that this restaurant ripped me off for, mailed by check to my home address as I live out of state and was in town visiting.

The consumer was very nervous when he placed his order and I paid extra attention to make sure his order was as he placed. He paid for his order accepted his change without question. He returned after several minutes had lapsed stating he had left $20.00 and he only received change for $10.00. The cashier who has been with me over six years called me to the register and I explained to the customer since there has been a time lapse I could not verify a discrepancy until the register was closed for the night. I told him if the register was over at close I would send him his $10.00. As it was the register was not over supporting all he gave initially was ten dollars. Had he questioned the matter upon receipt of his change the cashier could have easily looked in her drawer and determined if there was an error.

One would think he would have realized the shortage of $10.00 when she counted his change back to him.

This business owner is a liar and a thief. I gave the cashier a twenty bill, and was ripped off $10. It is a shame that there are business owners out there like this, that would rather lie and cheat instead of resolve the issue at hand knowing that they indeed shorted me. I wish I would of just called the police then and there and they could reviewed the surveillance footage and saw what really went on. Although maybe I still will, and press charges for theft.