Shred It USA

Phone: (615) 646-2049Fax: (615) 391-8580

02/16/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was billed for a service call and no service was provided. My office was open on the date in question and no one stopped by.
I was billed for a service call for September 10th, 2014 but no service was provided. I have been doing business with Shred-it for years and this has never happened. I have in the past received phone calls to see if I needed service and if I did not, no one would stop by our office.I was told a driver stopped by and no one was here. The office was open all day that day and no one called either. The bill was for 92.38 for the service date of September 10, 2014. I told them to come get their box that I would not do business with such a company. They have now billed me an additional 75.00 to come pick up their box. The total bill is $165.22.
The man who picked up their equipment had a uniform on I did not recognize. This is a very unethical practice in my opinion to bill a customer for a service not provided.

I should not have to pay for a service not provided.

Ms. ******* was credited for the services she claims we did not provide. We also credited the $75.00 removal charge. The reason that the person performing the final service was in a different uniform is that we have recently merged Cintas and Shred-it to form a new company. We do not "unethically" bill customers for services we do not provide. We service our customers on the days they are scheduled during regular business hours. Often times at small businesses, people take lunch breaks or leave the office for short amounts of time. Our busy schedules do not allow us to wait for them to return. However, as we still spent money and time to show up and provide the service as scheduled, we will send them a bill. In the end, we always take the customers word and provide a credit if they claim to have been present at the scheduled time of service.