BBB Accredited Business since 04/23/2014

Modern Granite & Marble, Inc.

01/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The sink this company installed in my kitchen fell out .
I purchased a new kitchen from this company. thsi include granite countertops and sink and stove install. All the products were purchases from them except the stove. the sink was purchased and installed by them. I paid full price but do not have the recipt in front of me. (I do have it)
a few years later the sink fell out onto the ground. when I called to have them fix it they said "oh yes, back then we were installing them wrong, now we use straps to hold them in." the girl made an appointment for someone to come out and fix it for me. I recieved a bill for $****** I believe this should not have happened at all and I should get my money back.

I request to be refunded the $******

I have more detail ie., teh reciept but do not have that with me at the moment to complete the original purchase date and price. it was a few years ago and I paid full price, no discounts or anything. they pulled me up so I am still in their system.

Ms. ********** had granite installed by our company in September of 2009. During that time, the application that we used for installation of sinks was simply to apply two part apoxy and silicone, an industry standard at that time.

Around 2011, we began installing straps to hold the sinks in place as well as using the apoxy and silicone.

Modern granite prides itself in its fabrication, installation, customer service and warranty, however the warranty is only good for a year from installation.

Ms. **********, aka "Ms. ***" as she told us to refer to her as, was told that this process was new compared to initial install date, not that we "did it wrong back then." At the time of schedule of the repair, she was aware of the cost of the repair.

We scheduled and installed the straps per her wishes and sent her a bill to do so, as we would any customer with this complaint. We are unable to refund any monies she is asking for as she has yet to pay for the repair.

I am unsure of where we need to take this claim as we have yet to receive payment for repair and we have installed the straps so the sink will not fall again.

Please advise as to what Ms. *** is wanting.

I look forward to clearing this matter with you as soon as possible.