BBB Accredited Business since 09/01/1984

Precision Tune, Inc.

09/22/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Admitted in writing that they had not done an AC repair but merely added freon that leaked right out. Against EPA rules regarding coolant recovery.
Charged me almost double per pound for AC coolant compared to anyone I could find and stated that if an AC system had a leak that they had to add coolant and dye and wanted you to drive till it failed. I asked for a repair and thats what they quoted me for. The dealership as well as many other service centers stated that this was against EPA rules in regards to how coolant is handled and in regards to the atmosphere. The normal repair procedure will detect a leak on the spot with dye and is corrected on the spot prior to massive coolant loss, in a single visit, according to GM. When you take a car in for repair, Precision Tune charges you for the repair they claim they did prior to you even seeing the car or receiving your keys. They had been instructed to repair the ac system on my car including any leaks. They are claiming that they were instructed to only add coolant and not do a repair. Against EPA rules and senseless. I recommend that anyone having work done there do a complete inspection as well as a test drive prior to paying. Also beware of the back room full of used parts that are obtained from junk yards. The manager and staff frequently offers these parts for people that don't want to pay for the normally overpriced parts that they offer. Double what the dealership charges for new factory parts. They frequently advise customers to go to pull-a-part to get discounted used parts that may or may not work or to order them online from particular companies and that they will install the old part for you. Likely from unreliable sources based upon what I have witnessed in the shop. I can't imagine any company that does repairs and sells parts would have a need for an inventory of used parts. I also recommend any part you purchase be confirmed to be a new part and not reconditioned or just simply a used part. Bottom line, I paid for repair that didn't work for even a single minute.

Full refund of monies spent that day of $98.50. I'm not asking for any money for the 4 times they had me return promising to complete the repair and always being too busy to do the work. Only after constantly communicating with them for over a month did I realize that they had no intentions of doing the job that they had already collected for. Wouldn't even return my calls after multiple attempts. The coolant that they supposedly installed had completely leaked out prior to me receiving the car once they collected my money.

We have decided to refund the amount of the ticket, $98.50, as requested by Mr. *******. A refund check in this amount is being placed in the mail today at our business office in Little Rock, AR. The check will be mailed directly to Mr. ******* at the address included in his BBB complaint. We are sorry our approach in attempting to solve Mr.*******'s problem did not meet his expectations.

08/17/2012Problems with Product / Service