Home Repair Company

11/22/2013Problems with Product / Service
09/19/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

owner failed to uphold the guarantee on work and told me he was done and to get a lawyer
the company finished out my basement in april 2012. upon my return home from afghanistan in september of 2012 i contacted the company about some issues with the drywall, they came out and spent a week fixing it and after they were done nothing was fixed. called them again and asked for copies of the permits from building and codes and i was told they dont keep copies of those once the job is completed. called building and codes and found out no permits were pulled and called the compnay back the next day to have the owner then tell me that they didnt pull the permits because my wife told them not to. building and codes forced the company to hire a licensed electrician and plumber to fix the electrical and plumbing as well as pull the permits and have the work inspected. the electrician and plumber came out and completed their tasks and the permits were signed off on. to my knowledge at this time I KNOW FOR A FACT the electrician still has not been paid in full and that work was completed in MARCH of 2013. after the electrician and plumber were finished the company came back out several different time to fix and repair the drywall and paint. I informed them severeal times of the issues with the drywall that were still present after each time they said everything was done. the building permit was pulled and FAILED and still has not passed nor been reapplied for at this time. spoke with the owner last week about the drywall still needing repairs so he came out the following morning with a third party drywaller and inspected the work. while there the owner told me i was nitpicking the work in some areas and in others that they didnt do that. he talked down to me as well as over me and I told him i didnt appreciate that and he continued to do it so i raised my voice to him to get him to understand my frustrations and listen to me. when he and the drywaller left he said he would let me know what the drywaller says and we would go from there. i called him later that day as i had not heard from him and he told me that because of the way i talked to him (the owner of the company) the drywaller was not going to do the work and that I was on my own that he was done with me and my house

i would like my basement finished the way it was supposed to be the first time. every time i have talked to the company i always get excuses about one thing or another about why its not done right or why it takes so long to do it. the FOREMAN of the company which I had most of my contact with told me that he doesnt believe that the company could make me happy and that we came to an agreement that i would get estimates from several people to fix the drywall and that they would pay for it. i asked **** if he had discussed this with the owner which he said yes to several times and he did not talk to the owner about the situation because when i spoke to the owner last week he had no idea about it and of course would not honor the deal between me and Jeff. I would prefer for another company to complete the work as this company is full of excuses and have said it themselves that they can not make me happy. all i ask if my basement is completed the correct way.

This started in May of 2012 when we got a call from Mrs. ********, having done work for her before, she was asking us to finish out the basement, build a bathroom, and laundry room. This project had been started by her husband and then was "deployed", she wanted to get it done before he came home. Since we believed he was military, we charged her cost for the work and completed it. She was happy with the work and told others about how responsible we were. Three months passed and we got a call from *****. He starts RAGING about how lousy the work is and informs us that he wants all permits and bills. During the time of the work I had been ill and after investigation realized a plumber and electrical permit hadn't been pulled. Corrections were made, and all was inspected and written off. He still was not satisfied. After several attempts to correct all the little details he wanted, we realized this was never going to end. He told us he wanted the sheetrock removed and replaced by someone of HIS choosing, and I had to pay for it. Now mind you, we spent 8 trips over there, refinished every spot he could find, and repainted the entire basement TWICE! I am a patient man, freely admit that we made some mistakes, which we made every attempt to correct buthe pushed me past my limit. The next thing I know I get a call from **** ****** saying he has hired her to do the sheetrock again, and gave her my address so she could send ME the bill. I told her she was on her own and if she wanted to get mixed up with him that was on her. **** then said other than a few little spots, she didn't see anything wrong. Two weeks passed and he shows up at my house, raving about our lousy work, so in one last attempt, I made an appointment to look at the job again and brought with me a different sheetrock contractor, (the best in town, who has down work for years for me), **** ********** We showed up on time, and ****** was right there. He then starts insulting **** asking if he is even qualified and wants credentials etc. ****, who was doing me a favor anyhow, says "forget it! Under no circumstances will I do work for someone like that," and walks off. I started to leave behind **** and ***** tried to stop me. I will not go into details, but trying to hold someone against their will is a criminal act and the result of his action could have been very serious had he gone further. I am over 75 years old, he is not! Now, understand my position, under no circumstances will I set foot on his property. I will do not more to try and pacify Mr. ********. By the way, we found out later he is a contract employee, not military as we were lead to believe. So much for trying to be a good American and helping our military!

this man has told me so many things and most of which are lies. my biggest complaint the entire time of dealing with him has been the drywall finishing and it is still the drywall finishing. he wants to push everything back on me saying i damaged the drywall but i have not touched my basement with any tools of any kind. the bottom line is i paid for services that have yet to be completed. he does not want to finish what he started because he says he is upside down in the work in my basement. if the job would have been done correct the first time then there would not have been any issues.

In regard to the ***** ******** case, I must stand on my previous decisions and stand. I have done the best that I could with that basement and have made every attempt to satisfy him, but to no avail. I know of nothing else that I can do or at this point am will to do. So I must stand on my previous position.