Subcool, LLC

Phone: (615) 962-8693 (Disconnected)

03/20/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

**** at Subcool did fraudulent or inferior repairs to my Hvac unit.
Called warranty company bc heater was not working properly, it ran in Emergency heat mode. Warranty company sent **** from Subcool out. **** said the compressor was bad and needed to order one, he collected the $100 trade fee and left. Upon returning for the repair a week later he changed the compressor and then tried to collect another $97 dollars from me. when i refused to pay stating i am only required to pay the $100 trade fee which i already paid he began to argue with me. I still refused to pay and he walked out the door mumbling under his breathe. he was outside for about 10 minutes b4 he left. later i got a call from the Warranty company apologising for **** stating he was wrong and there was no charge, I have this message saved if needed. The heater did not seem to be keeping up properly still so i called and was told by **** that heat pumps are not really made for the type of extremely cold winter we are having and will struggle on temps under the 30's. Since i trusted the Tech the warranty company sent out i accepted that answer. With an extremely high electric bill and still not keeping up i again called **** at subcool and was downplayed and said he could come check it but if nothing was found it would be another $100 trade fee. As winter is coming to an end it got warm enough to use my A/C which worked fine at the end of the summer and now did not work. The fan would not kick on and blow cold air. I again contacted Subcool and was told **** is out of town and i am out of the 30 day warranty and would need to call another company or my warranty company. After calling my new warranty company and tech was sent out and found **** had either left or knocked a wire off the contact that controls the fan, so in turn not only was my a/c not working but my heater was not working properly either. By this fan not working made my heater run in emergency mode and not heat to its full compacity, the origianl problem to begin with. So either **** replaced an expensive part of my Hvac(the compressor)for no reason or he left or knocked the wire off after repair. I was also told by Subcool that it is documented that my equipment was performing properly after repair. I Have no documentation of this and could not be true because it couldnt work properly with the wire off. Either way I feel he is responsible and should make it good as an honorable businessman would. I have emails from Subcool and Invoice from ***** mistake being corrected if needed.

either refund me my trade fee i paid to him or pay the new trade fee it cost me to fix his mistake.

It is amazing how there are always two sides to every story. The reason the customer does not have a copy of the documented equipment performance is because he refused to sign the paperwork. I did ask for $90.00 at the end of service. It was a miscommunication between Subcool and the warranty company. I was under the impression I was to collect the recovery fee as an uncovered cost. I contacted the warranty company and they verified that I was not suppose to collect the fee. I requested that the warranty company contact the customer and explain the confusion.
The customer did put in a claim with the warranty company for a return service after approx. 2 weeks. I spoke to him on the phone and he stated that he had spoken with his neighbors and their systems were all running a lot also. He was concerned that he would have to pay another trade fee and he requested I not come out. I closed that work order with no payment.
The customer then contacted Subcool directly on 2/19/14 and wanted us to come out, this is the exact message he sent: "Had compreesor replaced by Subcool in January bc heater wasnt working, turned on AC tonight and it does not work. The fan doesnt spin and compressor doesnt kick on, please contact me asap, thanks!."
I had him notified that the work was no longer under warranty and that he would be charged. I also recommended that he contact another contractor. The reason for this was because he had proven to be an unreasonable customer in the past. I actually prefer not to service this customer because he is a difficult customer. His complaint was also A/C related, his previous complaint was heat related.
The original service was on 1/18/14 and the compressor was replaced. Upon completion of the service the system had a heat rise of 38 Deg., and the system pressures were at 60/205 on an R-22 system. customer also stated that the airflow was much better than it had been. That was because I went above and beyond during the service and cleaned all the dog hair off his evaporator coil. In order to get system pressures and a heat rise as good as he had at the completion of the service, all fans and associated components need to be working properly. Subcool also has a 30 day labor warranty on all repairs. The warranty company also has the same warranty on repairs. This is why he contacted me directly instead of going through the warranty company. His complaint is outside of the 30 day warranty, they told him he would have to pay the trade fee. Subcool will not be refunding the customer any money and Subcool wishes the customer good luck in the future and we are sorry that our working relationship did not work out.

I accept the refund as Subcool stated in their last response and will be expecting a check in the mail shortly, thanks!

This will be response on this case. There will be refund.

Per your request. The last comment should have read. "There will be no refund" There was a typo in the message due to my keyboard.