45 counties of Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky

BBB Accredited Business since 01/10/2005

Digital Business Machines USA, Inc.

07/22/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior repair

Complaint: INEXPERIENCED TECH MADE PROBLEM WORSE - NO DETAILED INVOICE OR NOTIFICATION STATING TIME & CHARGE BEFORE DIRECTLY CHARGING MY ACCT.
REPAIR TO BROTHER PRINTER, *** - ******** UNFORTUNATELY I DO NOT HAVE THE SPECIFIC DATE AS NO PAPERWORK WAS LEFT, PER AGREEMENT WITH THE TECH ******* DID SIGN A FORM INDICATING HE WAS HERE. WHEN HE REALIZED THE PROBLEM WAS WORSE AFTER HE HAD TRIED TO CLEAN THE BELT UNIT, APPARENTLY USING SOME CHEMICAL. HE CALLED IN ABOUT THE PROBLEM AND WAS TOLD THAT SOMETIMES THE WORSENED PROBLEM WOULD WORK ITSELF OUT. **** SAID HE HAD NEVER WORKED ON ONE OF THESE PRINTERS BEFORE. I NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN UNTIL I HAD A CHARGE APPLIED TO MY BANK ACCT. FOR 213.36

I CALLED THE CO. TWICE TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE & TRY TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM AND THE MGR. WAS SUPPOSED TO CONTACT ME BOTH TIMES AND DID NOT. I HAD TO CALL ANOTHER SERVICE IN TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM. I HAVE NOT BEEN DISRESPECTFUL WITH ANY OF THE ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT.

I wish to report that I have been contacted by Digital Business Machine's owner; he was very apologetic and has promised to send a check for a total charge reimbursement, which I appreciate. Please remove my complaint and accept my sincere thanks for helping me to resolve this issue. I would appreciate you letting him know that I have withdrawn the complaint.
******* ****