BBB Accredited Business since 10/10/2002

Sisk Auto Mall

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

10/21/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

inferior paint job on new 2013 ram 1500 crewcab truck
purchased a new 2013 ram 1500 crewcab in may 2013, have been back to the dealer multiple times in the last 4 months concerning multiple flaws in the paint job on the truck. Every panel on the truck has flaws in the paint that are noticeable. Dealer has given me 2 options, repainting the truck (which goes on the carfax and lowers the value if i trade the truck in..dealer also advises against the repaint) or trade my truck in for a new truck. I have 4000 miles on the NEW truck i purchased, paid 35,000 plus tax for it. Dealer wants to give me 31000 trade in (including a 5000 dollar tradein certificate from Ram). I have 0% interest on the load for the truck i purchased, new truck they are trying to sell me which is the same truck with fewer options only a 2014 which with a 2.99% interest plus i would be refinancing 37,000 dollars including tax....i would be losing approxiately 6-7000 dollars on trading my new truck with the bad paint job for the new truck with a paint job that is good....i do not feel i should be the one paying for the depreciation of my truck since they should have never sold the truck with the paint being like it is.

buyback or replacement of my truck with the same options at the same price that i owe on my truck atm (33,473 dollars)..i have 0% financing on my truck, they want me do do 2.99% financing because the lender is not doing 0% atm. I should not be the one paying to correct an issue that should have never left the factory

I have personally met with Mr. ******** and inspected his vehicle. We acknowledge that Mr. ******** has been in to make us aware of his complaint. Chrysler instructed us to send Mr. ******** to another Chrysler store that has a body shop, he went to ***** ****** in Princeton. ***** ****** was unable to confirm any paint flaws. We then invited Mr. ******** to bring his truck in for the Chrysler Service Rep to inspect. The Chrysler Service Rep acknowledged one spot on the roof and some very small spots on the bottom right rocker panel below the door. The Chrysler Rep was unable to see any other paint flaws that Mr. ******** had indicated. I managed to negotiate a $5,000 certificate from Chrysler in addition to his supplier price and all rebates if he wanted to trade his truck in instead of painting it. He was moving from a 2013 Truck to a 2014 Truck of similar price. His payment did go up by approximately 14 dollars a month to trade vehicles and due to rebate changes 0% was unavailable. We would be more than delighted to continue to assist Mr. ********, however if Mr. ******** wants to pursue a Buy Back that will have to be done with Chrysler and not Sisk Auto Mall. Chrysler Corporation handles all warranty claims and we are just an agent for Chrysler. I will be glad to approach Chrysler for more money, but I do believe they will opt to simply paint the truck's roof and lower rocker panel. I do believe Chrysler would be within their right to paint the truck to satisfy the claim. I worked very hard to get a $5000.00 Trade Certificate on his behalf. I will be glad to ask for additional money if he wants me to. I would welcome an independent party to view the truck and help us determine if the paint has anything that we didn't discover. We/I value Mr. ********'s business and want him to be happy with the outcome. Wilson Sisk

02/27/2015Problems with Product / Service