45 counties of Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky

BBB Accredited Business since 10/21/2009

Right Price Auto Sales, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

09/23/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Customer Service Complaint Issue

Complaint: Changed amount of money. Having problems collecting refund.
Told me I was approved. Gave me all information, took $200.00 to hold the car. Then called back two days later and said I needed $4000.00 down and they are giving me problems with returning my money.

The customer was approved for a lower priced vehicle. When the customer switched to a higher priced vehicle we needed more down based on the customer's credit history. They did put down a $200.00 deposit and it was refunded by credit card on 9/7/13 at 9:43 am. I am submitting proof by receipt.(will fax to BBB) We have to give refund the same way we accepted it and that was by credit card. It is unfortunate that this customer has filed a complaint when the money was already refunded to her. It may have taken a couple days for it to show up on her credit card.

04/26/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: Car emmision modual unplugged to make it pass Marta.Modual replaced also transmission part, less than a month old.
Car modual unplugged emmision modual bad. Transmission part recalled. Had both items fixed. Also car has been wrecked not on car fax. The salesman plugged the emmision modual back up before I left the lot but I did't know that was what it was till the emgine light came on and I took it to the shop. I saw him and ask what he was doing and he said he saw a loose hose. I had no idea what that hose went to. They had to have cleared the code out to get it to pass.

This is her sales contract she signed and if she wishes to dispute it she is welcome to obtain an attorney. No, she did not tote the note, and it shows on the balance due that she had a ZERO (0.00) balance. In her first complaint she stated she paid $3500 out of her pocket. These are her contracts and the repair bills that the warranty company paid. Once again I have been honest and provided forms but if she states that they are not hers then I will willingly go to court. Once again I am sorry if this customer did have mechanical problems with her vehicle but we have proved the fact that the warranty paid for some repairs and I tried to speak with the customer by phone and she hung up on me and stated I could talk with her lawyer.

Information not correct. I am not paying tote your notes this isn't even my sales contract. I paid for the Emmisions modual the insurance wouldn't cover it. Cost 1010.00. Insurance only covered the part for the transmssion. Guess he got his info from insurance company which he should not have been given. They did not cover the Emissions. This receipt shows the insurance part they covered. My complaint was about the emissions item. It was unplugged to make it pass Marta. The transmission is another issue. Which I feel the also knew about. I have copies of my receipts. That I can send. Emissions tampering is against the LAW. I had to pay for the Emissions insurance did not cover it. I was told at car lot that the VW transmission shift hard into first. So I so feel they knew about that.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined the company provided proper verification that indicated there was no obligation to resolve the issues of the complaint.

03/18/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

Complaint: Right Price Auto Sales sold me a vehicle that was unsafe to drive. They rewired and repaired the vehicle just enough for it to pass emissions.
I am a 19 year old full time college student who purchased a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM from Right Price Auto Sells in Murfreesboro, TN for about $4500 with the intentions that the car would be able to provide safe and continuous transportation. I purchased an extended warranty from Right Price Auto which was used within the first month of the purchase date. The engine light came on after I made my first payment on the vehicle. I should have known then that this vehicle was no good. However, after having the vehicle for only 5 months my parents and I have spend over $3000 in auto repairs not including paying my monthly payments of $149.00 every two weeks and auto insurance which is expensive for a 19 year old. The following repairs have been done on this vehicle in the 5 months I have owned it: the front brakes and rotors replaced, the front brake rotor resurfaced, new air conditioner compressors, oil and refrigerant added to vehicle, replaced right cooling fan motor, crankshaft pulley removed and replaced, oil sending unit removed and replaced, crankshaft position sensor removed and replace, thermostat removed and replaced, the front light bulbs had to be replaced because they did not match, the back left light and blinker had to be rewired and repaired (per police officer who pulled me over), water pump was replaced, radiator cap replaced, wiper blades replaced, the muffler rewelded to prevent it from falling off, hazard lights had to be rewired so they would not stay on continuously. When this issue was repaired the engine light came on and would not go off. The car is still in need of a new engine, new radiator, electrical work etc. I called Right Price Auto and talked to the manager several times about the issues I was having with the car. I also talked to the owner and asked if I could trade this vehicle in and purchase a new vehicle to protect my credit. The owner and manager both gave the same answer. "They said I could not trade in the vehicle until I only owed 18% of the original balance, which would be around $800 balance. Being a freshman in college, paying for a car that does not work, only working part time is too much for anyone. I tried to reason with Right Price Auto but they were not open for discussion. I returned the vehicle because several auto repair shops stated it was unsafe to drive but refused to put it in writing saying it could cause them legal problems. I have no vehicle and no money. I had to withdraw from my classes so I can save money again to purchase another vehicle. I also have to rely on family and friends to take me to work and pick me up. Right Price Auto Sales sold me a vehicle that was unsafe to drive. They repaired it just enough for it to pass emission. They say whatever is necessary to sale a vehicle. Buyers beware! Do not buy a vehicle from Right Price Auto. Once again Buyer beware!

I am sorry this customer has had an issue with his vehicle but we do as much as we can to avoid these problems. The customers are always advised to take the vehicle to a mechanic before they purchase it. We also offer warranties for a longer period of time and Mr. ****** only purchased a 3 month plan. He purchased the vehicle on 8/2/12 and when he had a repair problem he took it to a shop and we covered the cost of repairs. On 1/17/13 Mr. ******'s mother called and spoke with me about a few issues he was having and I explained I could not speak with her about his account due to privacy laws. Mr. ****** gave me permission to talk to her and I explained our policy for trading in a vehicle. I offered to save them money on service or parts if it would help. His mother understood our policy and thanked me for speaking with her. As of 2/22/13 my account clerk called Mr. ****** about past due payment (7 days late). )n 3/2/13 we left another message on voice mail that account is 15 days past due. Mr. ****** returned the vehicle later that day and asked to get a letter stating he returned the vehicle and my office clerk wrote him up a letter stating he had returned the vehicle and also he would be liable for the remaining balance.
My manager and me are the ones that purchase these vehicles from auctions, dealerships, wholesalers and/or individuals. I employ 2 mechanics at our business and Mr. ****** has accused us of rewiring and repairing the vehicle enough to pass emissions. My reputation is very valuable to me and when we purchase vehicles we check the vehicles with a computer then the vehicles are driven and a check list is made up. (No, we do not do a 300 point inspection but we do check them out the best we can) We subscribe to ALL DATA which is a diagnostic web-site. If my mechanics are unable to diagnose or fix a vehicle we have shops that we trust highly. Our customers are always advised to have a mechanic of their choice inspect the vehicles. This is a lower price vehicle that we sell but we still want customers to be satisfied. I feel that we have fulfilled our agreement by paying for repairs that occurred during the warranty time period. My office clerk gave him the letter he asked for and he stated in his complaint that we could not because it would give us legal problems. He listed an unbelievable amount of repairs in which I believe the vehicle would have run very poorly when he purchased. We are an honest business that has been in business since 1993. We do not want anyone to have mechanical problems and that is why we advise our customers to have the vehicles inspected before buying and we offer warranties at a very low price. We take the vehicles to emissions so the customers won't have to guess if they will pass. I know this customer has had some mechanical repair issues because his 3 month warranty took care of those repairs. If the customer only chooses a 3 month plan instead of a 6 month or longer we are not going to pay for the cost. I am sorry but that is not fair to the customers that purchase the longer plans, but I will always try to help my customers get a lower price for parts or labor.

I stand by the statements that I have previously made. If I am required to pay for the vehicle then I want it back so I can scrape it. Right Price Auto should not be able to keep this vehicle if I am required to pay for a vehicle that doesn't work. Once again I believe they did just enough for this vehicle to pass emissions. Then they sold it. I was 15 days late with my payments ONLY because I was trying to get the vehicle repaired. Once Firestone told me how much the repairs would be I knew I could not get it repaired and pay my car notes. Did Right Price Auto sell my vehicle to someone else? Did they sell it to a salvage yard? IF I AM REQUIRED TO PAY FOR A NONE WORKING VEHICLE I WANT IT BACK. I did have the vehicle checked out before I purchased it. Firestone said they could only give very limited info about the vehicle because I did not own the vehicle. Right Price knows they law and uses it to their advantage for good and evil. My warranty was used to repair the air conditioning system and I still payed a few hundred dollars out of pocket. BUYERS BEWARE!

I have submitted my proof for this consumers false claims. He purchased a 3month/3000 mile warranty and it paid for repairs during that 3 months. I sent in receipts proving so. I am sorry that he did not purchase a longer warranty. He is the one that surrendered his vehicle. We did not repossess it. He has contacted me since he read our response and I advised him if he came in before 3/15/13 he could catch up payments and get his vehicle back. There was no repo fee because he brought the vehicle back. I am offended about the customers claim that we doctored his vehicle to get through emissions because we spend a lot of money getting vehicles through emissions and would NEVER doctor a vehicle because we are smart enough to know a good reputation is worth more than saving a buck.He stated he had the vehicle checked out before he purchased it then if his mechanic did not notice any problem then maybe the problem came after he owned it. We have been in business for 20 years and our reputation is important to us.