BBB Accredited Business since 11/16/1993

E & R Auto Sales

02/04/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Every light on my CD/DVD player is flashing and will not stop.
I purchased the vehicle 11/26..on 11/27 a noise started coming from under the hood. It was determined to be the alternator pulley. It was replaced on 12/18. While leaving the lot I noticed every single light was flashing on the multi-disc changer. When I asked the mechanic why he said he didn't know, because he had only changed the alternator and it just needed to be reset by undoing the battery cables. That was done and didn't work. I called them and was told to bring it to them for a couple of days while they google it and figure it out. I advised them that this is my family's only means of transportation and couldn't do that. *** then told me that I could just google it and see if I could figure it out.

Fix what they messed up within a suitable time that doesn't cripple my family. We have to work, go to school, etc.

Thank you for bringing the above referenced case to our attention.

E&R Auto Sales does not operate an in house auto repair shop nor does E&R Auto Sales employ auto mechanics as do many other auto dealerships.

E&R Auto Sales must depend on outside repair shops for our service and maintenance.

E&R Auto Sales suggested to the consumer that she take her car to ******* ******* where they will diagnose and repair her car.

Contractually the consumer understands that she purchased her used car "AS IS" but E&R Auto Sales is willing to pay for her repairs, this time only, if she will deliver her car to ******* ********

E&R Auto Sales does not control the scheduling of our vendor's shop. Most auto repair shops deliver service on a first come first serve basis.

It's important that the consumer delivers her car to the repair shop to give them a chance to make the necessary repairs.

Thank you again for bringing this case to our attention.

E&R Auto Sales