BBB Accredited Business since 03/01/2012

Nissan of Cookeville

9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

05/07/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was assured by phone, twice, by the salesman, that he would repair the radio, which didn't work, if I brought the car by within the next few days.
I bought an 05 Nissan Sentra from them April 16, 2013. The sales rep was ************. I paid $8000 by check and drove the car home. I noticed that the radio didn't work. I called ****** and told him about the radio April 17 and he said 'Just bring the car by within the next few days and we'll fix it." I called ****** once more to make sure they were going to be able to fix the radio and he assured me they would. Today, April

I bought an 05 Nissan Sentra from the dealership on April 16th. When I discovered that the radio would not work I called the sales rep, ******, and he said not to worry about it, just bring it back in within the next few days and they'd fix it. So yesterday, I called him to make sure they were going to be able to fix it, he again said 'no problem, just bring it in.' So today I drove back to Cookeville and they told me they had decided they wouldn't fix it because they had already lost $700 on the car, but they'd put a new one in for $350. I said I didn't believe that was right and that I wanted to speak to the manager. I relayed the same conversations to him and told him that I didn't believe they were being fair about this and if I had to, I'd speak to someone else about it. He said 'Well, I was going to help you, but now that you have threatened me , I don't think I will.' So now I will be out another few hundred dollars in addition to the $300 to the upholstery shop in Crossville for the damage that had been done to the seats.
I believe they should fix the radio since they promised that they would on two separate occasions. I'm not asking anything for the seats because I knew they were damaged when I bought the car.

The customer bought the vehicle "AS-IS" and signed two legal documents which clearly state so. He was offered a Vehicle Service Contract which is commonly referred to "extended warranty" and declined. He signed 3 documents declining coverage on the vehicle. The customer is also failing to disclose that he called because a sensor light was on and the CD player was not working. The Sales Rep told him to bring the vehicle back for our Service Department to check it NOT to fix it, and if it was a minor issue then fix it. Our service department took care of the sensor light but the Radio needed to be replaced. The retail price of the radio is $495, and it was offered to the customer at cost for $350. Customer declined and started acting righteous and threatening. The Sales Manager tried to talk to the customer about the fact that he bought the vehicle "AS-IS" with no warranty whatsoever and declined additional coverage. At that point the customer started saying that he would ruin our reputation if we did not fix his radio. Moreover, during the sale, the customer was made aware that the vehicle is completely AS-IS and no warranty is on it. It was strongly advised to the customer to purchase additional coverage to avoid the exact situation he is now.

This was resolved April 30 2013, They refunded the purchase price as well $300.00 of repairs I had done to the car. **********, was on that I dealt with. Thanks very much. ****** ******

I called and offered to buy back the car from the customer since he believes we "saw him coming". People should take responsibility for their actions. He bought a vehicle "AS-IS", fully disclosed to him, and then turned down a vehicle service contract because he did not want to pay for it. He bought a 2006 Nissan Sentra with only 30k miles for only $6700 plus taxes and fees. I would rather buy the vehicle back then have somebody believing what he does.

02/02/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I rented a vehicle from this company and was over charged. When brought to the company's attention nothing were done to resolve this issue.
On 12/15/14 I rented a vehicle from Nissan of Cookeville. I intended to only used the rental until 12/16/14. My debit card was charged ******* On 12/16 and 12/17 I contacted the business to inform them I'm going to need the vehicle until 12/23 because I didn't want them to think I was stealing the car. The lady that answered the phone took a message because the rental department was on the phone. No one returned my call. I called the business on 12/22 I spoke to a lady in rental department. I asked her if I was going to be charged the weekly rate? The lady told me I needed to come in and pay. On 12/23 I received a message on my voicemail and text to come in and pay. I text back saying I'm on my way. When I got to the business the lady I spoke to on phone wasn't there. I told the lady about the phone conversation about the weekly rate and that I needed the vehicle for another week. The lady that was there wasn't aware of the conversation about the weekly rate. So the lady called the lady I spoke to on her cell phone. When she got off the phone she said she can only give me the weekly rate for the second week but had to charge me day by day for the past week. The lady I was speaking with said that she asked her on the phone if she remember her saying that? She said she weren't present during the call. I told her that I disagree with that and that I need to speak with someone she then call the lady back on the phone I spoke to the lady. I tried to remind her of what she said and that it just made sense since I kept the car for a week and I did call on 12/16 and 12/17 left a message that I was keeping the car for a week. she said she didn't remember the conversation and then I will have to be charged the daily rent amount for the past week. I told her that I have to speak to someone else because this isn't right she then told me she was the manager of the rental department. I then told her even managers have bosses. I went ahead and paid the amount because I needed the car for another week. I was charged $243.45 for the past week and $153.35 for the following week. Before I left I spoke to who I thought to be the salesperson manager and left my number for the general manager to call me. I didn't receive a call from the general manager so I contacted the ****** corporation to see if I could get some kind of resolution. Nissan corporation took the complaint and called me back a few days later saying they only deal with problems with the answer of vehicle and that the dealership is privately owned and they will send a request for the general manager to call me. The the general manager didn't call me. I returned the vehicle on 12/29. That was one day early and was refunded $21.90. I was still charged for 14 days because I paid $30.43 for 12/15-12/16. The $30.43 weren't credited when I went in on 12/23. I only had the vehicle for 13 days. I was over charged for the first week and paid for one extra day.

I am requesting that I be charged only the weekly amount and refunded the difference and refunded the $30.43 I was charged for the 12/15-12/16.

Mr *****,

You are claiming that you contacted the dealership about your rental on 12/16 or 12/17 but we have no recoreds of such calls. We do have records of us calling you numerous times both on the 16th and 17th. As a rental business, vehicles that are scheduled to be returned the day after like yours, might be promised to other people and when not returned, it might cause disruption of business, hence one of the reasons why people are charged late fees or daily rates even if they keep a vehicle for a week without prior reservations. You were supposed to returned the vehicle for a day but kept it for several days without an actual contact with the rental department. Unfortunately, our company policy is to charge the discounted weekly rate only if agreed prior to taking the vehicle. Exceptions are made for people that communicate their intentions with us and arrangements can be made. However, we had no contact with you for several days after you rented the vehicle. I do not believe the rental department did anything wrong.

11/25/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I am extremely uphappy with the way I was treated.
On 9/5/14 I went to Nissan and test drove a 2005 Honda Pilot. It had 145K+ miles on it but I was assured by my salesman ***** Rowland that it was in great condition, had only 2 previous owners, was well taken care of, and had been closely inspected. They showed me the Carfax and a manager there, Brady Bush, told me that is was actually his neighbors car and so he knew it was a good, dependable vehicle On 9/8/14 I went back and traded my 2001 Jeep Cherokee Laredo and got a loan from my bank for the remainder. Since I had been reassured so much I felt ok buying it 'as is/ no warranty'. On 9/11/14 the 'D' light began blinking on my way home from work. I looked it up online and discovered it could be a possible transmission problem but it didnt come back on so I thought it was a fluke. Then on 9/21/14 it happened again and I began to worry. When it happened twice on 9/22/14 I became extremely concerned and decided to call the next morning. I spoke to ***** **** and told him the problem and he said "Well thats just the risk you take when you buy a high milage used vehicle." I told him yes but you assured me it was ok. He then said all they could do was check it out again. I made an appointment for 9/25 with the service dept and at this point the light was coming on daily. ***** in the service dep called me after only a little while and told me he couldnt find anything wrong and he had drove it but the light didnt come on and since it was shifting gears smoothly he was sure the tranmission was fine. I asked him what the code said when he hooked it up and was then told that they didnt have the equipment to check the codes on a Honda. I was so baffled I didnt know what to say. So the next day, 9/26, I took it to a mechanic and was told the codes read as a transmission problem, the 4th gear pressure switch. I immediately went back to Nissan and even pulled into the service bay to show them the blinking light where ***** told me "Im sorry. I can only do what Im told". I then spoke to Brady and asked him what he could do and he said nothing. He continued to say he was sure it was just a sensor and that it was fine so I asked if he was so confident if he would give me a limited warranty on just the transmission and was told no they dont just give away warrantys. When i asked if they still hadmy Jeep and i would just take it and my money back I was told that it hadalready went to auction because they dont keep cars like that on the lot. He then very haughtily told me that when he worked in Nashville they didnt even keep anything on the lot less than $12 thousand but he understood that this is Cookeville and there is a need for cheap vehicles. He also told me that is was not like they made their monthly quota by selling me that used car. Shocked, I said yes but that is my hard earned money that they got and I need a reliable vehicle so what can they do. He said all he could do would see if he could get me ina brand new car but if I could hae afforded a new car I wuld have got one in the first place. He was supposed to work on a deal and see what he could do but I still havnt heard back from him. I ended up taking the car to the Honda dealership and they replaced the part and told me that if I had ignored it, it would have messed up the whole transmisson. I had to pay over $200 for the repair. I was treated so rudely I felt 2 inches tall. And I know I was lied to somewhere along they way because if they inspect so thoroughly then why didnt they find the problem or why couldnt they read the codes? I now am still so paranoid to even drive the car because even though it is supposed to be fixed I am waiting for something else to happen but Nissan doesnt care because they got their money.

I feel that the least they can do is refund me the money I had to pay for the repair. I also know now that I overpaid for the vehicle in the first place but I doubt they will do anything about that.

******,

Thank you for sharing your concern. I understand that it can get frustrating to have issues with a vehicle after you purchased.

However, according to my records, you visited the dealership twice and test drove the vehicle once with our salesperson and the other time with your father, who you needed here to give you his blessing. I am confused on how you think you paid too much when you made the offer and you visited the store more than once to decide if this vehicle was right for you.

Unlike all the dealerships in town, we ask our customers to sign a copy of the CARFAX report and service records to show what we service we performed on our used cars. The reason why we do this is because we actually service our vehicles and we sell only reliable cars.

I understand you had a small issue with the car and chose to pay **** at Honda to prevent a future issue to happen according to their opinion. Does the car have issues now? Do you feel it is not a good car?

Consumer Response /* ****** 9, 2014/11/06) */
Yes my father came with me but he is not a mechanic. Yes I did see the carfax and service report but frankly I have no real proof that you do the work you say you do.

I came to Nissan first to try to get you to fix the problem with the transmission but you told me to ignore it, that as long as it was shifting gears ok that I shouldnt worry but I believe Honda when they told my that if I had ignored it I would have had to replace the transmission. So yes I "chose" to pay $200 now instead of $5,000 later.

And yes I am still having issues with the car. The check engine light continues to come on and off but I am having to just keep driving it because I cant afford to have anything else done.

As for my making the offer price, that is not true. I did tell your salesman my budget and actually told them that I could not afford the first price they told me. Then when I got ahold of my bank they told me that the car was actually worth about $2,500 less than what I was paying and you also got my Jeep as a trade-in. But I had already signed papers and you already had taken the keys to my Jeep so I thought I had no choice. It was inexperience on my part but you took advantage of that.

But regardless of all this that does not change the fact that when I came back to you after just having the car 2 weeks, I was treated so rudely and with such disrespect that I sat in my car and cried because your employee made me feel like I was not important because I cant afford a new car.

******,

I sincerely apologize if anybody in the service or sales department made you feel not important. Everyone has a budget and we are happy to accommodate every customer based on their budget, needs or wants. Since you feel you had a bad experience, I will like to offer you a free diagnostic of the check engine light to see why that is happening.

I am also sorry that you feel we took advantage of you, because as of today, NADA retail (the value any bank uses) on your vehicle is $9150. You can go on NADA yourself and put the info to get the value if you do not take my word for it.

So, again, I apologize if you felt taken advantage of, but we never pressured you to buy a car and you came in 2 different occasion to look at the vehicle and a third time to drop the check off.

I am also sorry that you do not feel that official paperwork such as a repair order is real proof, but it is. The work we have done on your vehicle is also reflected on the CARFAX report.

We are not required to show repair orders to customers but we spend a lot of money on our used cars so we are proud of our work and want all our customers to know what kind of service we performed.

May I remind you that when I brought the car back to you 2 weeks after purchase for the transmission issue, your own service worker Steve told me that you did not have the equipment to read the codes on the car so I dont believe I can trust you now to do a diagnostic,even for free.

I still feel that I should be reimbursed for the money I already had to spend to repair the transmission and you should pay for someone else of my choosing to check the car now and you should more than likely pay for the repairs needed.

I needed a good, reliable car and this has been nothing but headaches for me as I'm sure it has been for you also. I just wanted to be treated fairly and was very upset when I was not. I don't believe I am asking too much.

11/17/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The hood on my car flew opened while I was driving. This caused damaged to both sides of my car. This was due to a recall; I wasn't offered an apology
On 10/14/14, while I was on my way to work, the hood of my car flew opened while I was driving blinding my view. I was able to pull over and get the hood down. There was visible damage to my 2013 Nissan Altima. I called Honda Dealership in Cookeville, TN where I purchased the car to inform them of what happened and to see why it happened; I was then informed that there was a defect on the latch of the hood and a recall on this 4 days ago. I was instructed to contact Nissan. I called them the same day and I was instructed to bring in my car so that they could take a look at it. My service agent was **** Allen; not once did he apologize for what happened; he just suggested that they would take a look at it and they should be able to fix my car due to the recall, but they would have to take estimates and submit a claim. He couldn't give me an estimate of how long this would take. He didn't ask if I was ok, I could have lost my life, injured or caused someone else to be injured. What a major lawsuit this would have been!!! So of course I had to get back to work and **** had someone drop me off with a PROMISE to call me to let me know what was going to happen with my car. Not ONLY did HE NOT call; I ended up calling them back because I was stranded without a car. I called him back and they still had not looked at the car, he was waiting on his Service Manager, **** Street for further information. I said asked him, "how am I supposed to get home"? Josh Allen told me that my car was "driveable". Are you serious after the hood just flew opened on me, you want me to RISK my life ONCE again??? He said that they did not have any courtesy cars that I would have to pay for a rental....I said why should I have to pay for a rental when I was NOT in an ACCIDENT that was caused by me. My car was damaged due to a defect with Nissan's product. He said well we do not offer courtesy cars and it is NOT in our policy to provide you with a rental. Your car is in here waiting for the damage estimates. I asked so how am I supposed to get to work and get around, do you have a shuttle service. He said No we do not have a shuttle service; I even had my best friend called back to speak with Josh Street to see if they could get me a car and he said NO it was not in their policy to give me a courtesy car on a recall. I am highly disappointed in Nissan and have express this to my family and friends. To have my life at risk and then to not be offered an apology or some type of transportation to get back and forth to work....I am disgusted with the lack of customer service and how this was handled. I still do not have an estimate of when my car will be fixed. This was not an accident that I caused, my car is in the shop because of a defect in Nissan's product and for them to not show me any compassion ** courtesy whatsoever is mind-blowing. I contacted Corporate to see if they could get me a car, they teammate stated that she would reimburse me up to 3 days, that I could not go over $100 for the rental amount and the refund will be within 4 to 6 weeks!!! I didn't have that kind of money to dish out for a rental and I certainly don't have it now. I still do not know when my car will be finished. I have not received a follow-up call from corporate or from the local dealership expressing their concern. This has been a horrible experience! I have been a part of the financial industry for over 11 years. Your best adverstisement is of those customers who you do a quality service with. I have heard so many complaints about Cookeville Nissan; and it is sad that they did not go above and beyond to assist me. I contacted my insurance agency and they expressed their sincere apologies and could not understand why Nissan would not provide me with a car. Had I been in an accident then my insurance agency would have been able to assit me with a car rental. But since this was an incident due to Nissan's Recall they couldn't. Very disappointing!!

If I could get a courtesy car to get back and forth to work, without me having to pay for it would be great. I have no clue of when my car will be ready. Will it be two days, a week or longer. I do not want a rush job and then have to bring my vehicle back in. I want it done right the first time. I need a little more communication on what is going on with my car. It's just disappointing that this was brushed off as if it wasn't important. I could have lost my life and/or my nephews; but God was protecting me that day.

*****,

Thank you for informing us about your issue. We do offer loaner vehicles in a most cases. A) customer bought the vehicle from this dealership. B) customer has a certified vehicle (you cannot buy a certified nissan from a non nissan dealer). C) customer has an extended service contract with nissan. In the event that a customer purchases the vehicle from another dealer and has warranty issues for us to solve we do offer loaners if the car is serviced here regularly. I do not understand why you blame our dealership when you bought the vehicle from Honda and you have a recall with the manufacturer. The manufacturer (Nissan) does not offer a loaner for us to give you. Actually no manufacturers offer loaners vehicle for recalls. I understand your frustration, but blaming the dealer for this is wrong. If you bought the vehicle here or serviced here, I could understand. Also, if you bought the vehicle here or serviced it here you might never had this issue because the hood would have been fixed.

We did offer you a loaner to you today only because we agree with you the **** should have followed up with you more effectively, but you declined.

Even in your response, it is still not apologetic. I am not asking for a grand gesture, I am not asking for a million bucks. I am asking for some compassion *** some courtesy. All I asked for is a sincere apology. No I did not purchase my vehicle from your dealership; however you are still a part of the Nissan family and you are a representation of Nissan. And your statement if I bought the vehicle and serviced the vehicle at your location is an ignorant one, because there are OVER 400,000 recalls and your are a Nissan dealership you should service all Nissans. So what you are saying THE VEHICLES that you sold at the Cookeville Nissan have NEVER had recalls or never had to be fixed? This would be hard to believe. My concerns were more with lack of communication and no apology. I could have lost my life. I went to Honda and was referred to Nissan because there was a defect with Nissan's products not Hondas. To take on such an attitude as if you are not a part of the Nissan Family is kind of ridiculous, don't you think??? Just because I did not purchase my vehicle from Nissan does not give you a right to treat me any different. I did not damage my car or have an accident; there was a malfunction with the product and you do sale Nissan products. I dropped my car off Tuesday and I only received a call from Kenneth Manored (Mettered) on Wednesday because of BBB not because he was concerned. I called you from a recorded phone, so I can get the recordings for everything that was stated to me. Mr. Manored told me that my car would be ready Thursday and mind you that he called me on Wednesday at 3:53 pm AFTER I had contacted him....he said "IF" I can get you a car would that MAKE YOU HAPPY....I then responded I just want my car. Why would I need a rental at almost 4 pm in the evening and my car was going to be ready Thursday, that defeated the purpose for even asking me. That's why I declined!!! It was not like Cookeville Nissan was going out of their way to assist me, let's be clear on that. The only reason I received a call or response was because I reached out to BBB and that shouldn't have been the case. I have heard so many people complain about Cookeville Nissan and I have first hand experience dealing with a company with POOR customer care service. The nerve to say because I didn't purchase my car there. That's almost saying I have a bank account in Cookeville, but if I go to another state to access my account at a bank then I will not get the same service as the clients who opened their accounts at that location. That is unacceptable and poor customer care service and a poor excuse. **** Street did call and said that my car had been washed and vacummed. The keys had been dropped off to the security guard, no call to say, "hey cat, dog, bird, we dropped your car off, sorry about what happened"....my car wasn't washed or vaccummed. And I call back to ask **** about it of course I got *** Manored (Mettered) and he said, you are asking us to do way MORE than we are capable of doing. I didn't know that it was hard to give a sincere apology or show some empathy...or even wash and detail a car. I am glad I have my car back and that I am alive and well. My voice will be heard, I will continue to escalate this situation. Treat people how you want to be treated. If you were walking into my place of employment I would treat you with the same courtesy as any other client whether you were a local customer or a non local customer. I have expressed my concerned to family, friends, co-workers, and their friends-friends and many have stated that they will never ever do business with Cookeville Nissan. Customer service and compassion **** a long way and you are not just representing Cookeville Nissan, you are a representation of Corporate Nissan. I am disappointed.....It is sad when other dealerships and insurance companies shared the same feelings that I felt, then why wouldn't you? Disgusted!

I apologize that I confused you. Nissan's corporate policy is NOT to give loaners or car wash for recalls. Nissan of Cookeville policy is to give loaners and car washes to customers who buy vehicles here, services them here, or purchased an extended service contract at this dealership. We treat everyone the same, but extra perks are reserved for our special customers, the same happens with hotels, restaurants, etc. Repeat and loyal customers receive more perks. We will go the extra mile for people who service or purchase their vehicle here. It has nothing to do with treating people differently. We did apologize for the poor communication and offered a loaner. Yes, I would not have been aware of this situation if you did not contact BBB. However, if you contacted me directly at the store you would have been offered the free car and the apology for poor customer service as well. I do not understand your anger toward the dealership. We called and apologize for the lack of communication, offered you a free car to drive and you told us that the damage was done. You are blaming the dealership for lack of compassion ****** translates into free services such as car wash or loaner services) for something that the dealership is not responsible of. Please call Nissan Corporate at 1-800-NISSAN-1 if you wish to express your dissatisfaction of not getting a free car wash and a free loaner or an apology for a malfunction that you blame the dealership of. I do not know what else to do.

05/09/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Took car in for body work, picked it up twice. Each time something mechanical was wrong when I picked it up. Nothing wrong when dropped off.
I took my 2005 Ford Mustang to the dealership for body repair after being suggested by the Ford dealership in Cookeville.....I later found out this referral was because they actually own Cookeville Nissan. Not due to their quality of work.Well...things were going smoothly until I picked my vehicle up from thew body shop the first time. The headlight in the vehicle was set back from the fender 2 inches and they tried to push this off on me as a prior accident damage even though the car was my daily driver and I know they were not right. So, they did offer to fix this eyesore and did provide me with a rental vehicle AT THEIR COST. When I picked up my vehicle the first time it was pouring coolant from under the engine. We were told upon pickup that the water pump had gone out "After the test drive and clean up" HMMMMM we had NO mechanical problems when we dropped it off. just minor physical damage. Well, we had the car over the weekend before returning it for the headlight...bought a new water pump...still pouring fluid. So we were out 90$ at their discretion...come to find out the thermostat housing needed to be replaced. Fixed i. Brought it back to shop for more body repair. Well, the head light took a week to fis...I went to pick my car up and find the shop manager out back with it and the hood up...my car id on the battery charger...I'm told that he thinks the alternator or the battery went out!!! Ummmmm....Car was in PERFECT running condition each time we dropped it off!!!!!!!!! I informed him that the alternator was brand new and it had been replaced withing the last 6 months. So, it has been determined that they have now fried my car battery!! These mechanical problems are not just coincidence! I informed my insurance agent I was concerned and worried about leaving my vehicle there because of mysterious mechanical issues after "Cleanup" and low and behold....I have another issue??? Please look into this matter.

I want a new car battery and I want my 90 dollars for my replaced water pump that this dealership told me was bad and wasnt! I have the receipts.....Thats all. The body manager informed me that the car battery was from 2010?? I dont care! It was perfect when we brought it to them both times....and we had to replace parts each time!

Thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention. After reviewing your case, I agree with about the $90 charge. In the future, please feel free to contact me directly at *****@nissanofcookeville.com. It will ensure that your concerns will be dealt on a more fashionable way. I will be more than glad to help you in any way you can and to listen to any feedback about how my employees run my business.

10/23/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Started purchasing process on Friday, October 4, 2013 with ****** ****** Discussed and agreed upon sales price of vehicle. Agreed to waive doc fee
and to add **** allowance for window tinting to come directly off sales price. Got off the phone with Justin and secured financing with ******* at ********* ****** Federal Credit Union for sales price of the vehicle. I then called ****** and provided ******** contact so he could verify the financing was approved. Within the hour i was contaced by Tamara who then asked me to send over photos of my trade along with the VIN since im in chattanooga and they were going to work out a trade in value and get a bill of sale to the credit union. Im thinking this is a done deal as it was communicated to me. Then, as if the delivery method wasnt tacky enough, i recieve a text message that says they sell cars on a first come first serve basis. The message that was delivered to me as the client is that they are in the business to push units and not stand behind their commitement of doing the right thing and serving the customer. Im very disappointed in the service i recieved....mediocre at best. Nissan of Cookville cannot drive client loyalty doing business this way...which is the livelihood of any sales business. If they do not service clients outside the cookville are...their is no need to have an internet department because even if your serious about purchasing a vehicle....if someone comes in there with cash money they will sell it right out from underneath you.

I want the owner to contact me and assure me this is not their regular business practice or advise a plan that has been put in place to eradicate this in the future. its very obvious that communication is their weak point. Its profitability and units over loyatly and client satisfaction. however...with loyalty and client satisfaction comes profitability and units...not the other way around

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important for me to see all of our customer's perception of our selling process. Like you, I cherish customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. Our awards speak for themselves. We were one of the few select Nissan dealers in the country to receive the prestigious Award of Excellence in 2013, an award which is driven by customer satisfaction ratings. Also, since we purchased this dealership in January 2012, we had an incredible jump in sales; we were actually awarded by Nissan as "highest increase in sales year-over-year in 2012 in the Southeast Region". I truly believe that the jump in sales was based on our selling process and customer satisfaction. However, in this case I am not sure I agree with your statements as far as "customer satisfaction and customer loyalty coming first". I apologize in advance if I come across direct, but after reviewing your file, here are the facts: You live over 150 miles away. You called in and tried to negotiate a selling price of a used vehicle. Then you negotiated the value of your trade. Justin tried to have you come in the day after to value your trade. You then called back and talked to ****** and demanded a trade value. Only then, you asked our internet department to hold the vehicle for you until Tuesday, after you successfully got the price you wanted, the tinted window, and the value of the trade you requested. You used text messaging as a delivery method as well. During the entire process you also used foul language, with both our internet associates and our sales manager. All of our calls are recorded. Our company policy is "first come first served" when it comes to used vehicles, for the mere fact that we need to be fair. When I say that, I mean what if you changed your mind? What if your trade is not as described? What if our vehicle is not up to your satisfaction? What if another customer was working with another associate at the same time and actually decided to be here sooner? To avoid any issues, we decided on "the first come, first served" policy on used cars. ****** was just communicating that with you. We did not know that you were not able to come and pick up the vehicle 4 days later until after we agreed to your terms as far as pricing and trade value. We were under the impression that you were going to come and pick the vehicle up the day after, as our phone recordings show. ****** and ****** were not able or willing to come up with solutions to accommodate both you and company policy like we do for our loyal customers because it comes to a point where you actually receive poor service. It usually starts when you are not flexible or not willing to just be nice enough to talk to my employees like they are human beings, not animals you can bark orders to. Again, you might argue this point, but all our phone calls are recorded. There are ways around our company policy. For instance, ****** or ****** could have offered to deliver the vehicle to you on Tuesday, after you drove here on Saturday to complete the paperwork. They could also have sent the vehicle to you on Saturday morning with a 4 day courtesy contract, so if your financing did not go through, you could have used ours. All of these alternatives would have saved you a trip and would have made your buying process easy and exciting. Do you know how many people we sell vehicles to in Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Nashville that they do not actually set foot in our dealership? That accounts for about 10% of our business. However, usually these are flexible and appreciative customers that enjoy the fact that Nissan of Cookeville is willing to go the extra miles and deliver a vehicle free of charge to your doorsteps. Concluding, I assure you: my guys can and do go the extra mile to provide excellent customer service, from driving hours to deliver vehicles, to working over time to guarantee customer satisfaction and loyalty. Matter of fact, ****** actually called you this morning to let you know that the vehicle is still available. However, the extra mile is walked when appreciated.

I do not believe this is acceptable. I have a reputation in my business for being number one in customer satisfaction as well with long time loyalty clients. I never used foul language a single time an would love for you to validate your claim via a recorded phone call. I'm sorry you have mistaken my strong personality and strong business sense as overwhelming. You should know in the sales industry you have to be willing to adjust to different client personalities. Furthermore, as far as the method of delivery....I have coped below the text message sent to me by ******* which by the way I never contacted her but rather ****** pawned me off on her and she contacted me. Add to that I had planned to come the next day but because your dealership is not an "approved" dealer with the credit union I was bound by their time frame...again not my fault. It was YOUR staffs idea to negotiate a trade in value via text message...not mine and I might also want to add that if this is your company policy then that should have been clearly communicated to me. Also..I might also add that if your not attempting to attract clients from outside your area then maybe you might consider limiting you audience exclusivley to the Cookville. Either way....I learned a good saying in the finance and banking industry...client perception is your reality. And my experience was not good. Not mediocre. And your employees apologized emphatically because they too did not agree with the way it was handled. Please listen to that on you recordings. Listed below is the message from *******

Hi this is ****** @ Nissan of Cookeville, also if you could shoot a picture or 2 of the vehicle inside and outside to send as well that would be great! Thanks

Based on your reply, I can tell you have not read or processed anything I wrote. I am not in the business to argue with people on **** but to sell quality cars at great prices, providing the best customer service I can. You picked this dealership, which is 150 miles away, because we had the car you wanted at the best price possible. The company policy is that we do not hold used cars. We informed you about it as soon as you told us you could not make it the day after as you initially told us you would do. You did receive poor service, but as I stated in my previous e-mail, I stand behind my employees in this particular case. If my employees apologized to you that we could not hold a car for 4 days, why are you here complaining? Based on what your "desired resolution" is, I feel I answered all of your questions or concerns. As I stated in my previous email, we go the extra mile for our customers, but in this case we chose not to. You are asking me to apologize because the dealership did not break its policy to accommodate you and what you call "your strong personality", and I cannot do that.