BBB Accredited Business since 11/01/1981

Beaman Motor Co.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

11/04/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I bought a new Toyota Corolla in July, 2014 and paid cash for it. When I took my car in for its first "check up" on October 21, 2014, I took the time to talk to someone (Mr. ****** ****** in the extended warranty division. I just went to inquire, and the man was a slick salesman. He talked so fast, and gave me so much information, that I could not process it. Then they kept coming in to tell me my car was ready to go. Like a fool, I signed some papers...and am embarrassed to say, don't know exactly what but I was charged $434 dollars on my American Express card.As soon as I got home and settled my brain, I realized that I was "scammed" royally. I immediately called Mr. ***** and told him to please cancel any warranty that I had signed. Numerous attempts to talk to him have failed. I Then called American Express and opened a dispute to get my $434 back.I take responsibility that I got so bummed out. I live on a Social Security check and could never pay the fees he was quoting. I really feel being a 74 year old woman, I was taken advantage of. I curse my actions.

I would like that any extended warranty to not be written and the $434 charged to my account at Am Ex be refunded. Other than that I have no problems with ****** Toyota.

On Saturday, November 1, a refund of $434 was processed to Ms. *****'s American Express account. Ms. ************ Financial Services Manager call Ms. ******** let her know this has been taken car of.

I checked my email from American Express today and the $434 have been restored to my credit account with American Express. Thank you for the help you gave me in getting this settled. Since the money was sent on Nov. 1,2014, I realized that it possibly is in a holding pattern with the inquire center at American Express. They had told me that regardless they would not take out the money until the case is closed. I am assuming that if they received the money, and I have not been notified, that it is not "funny money" and the case will be or already is closed. Thank you for all your help. *** *****

08/18/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

ALL DOOR LOCKS EXCEPT DRIVER SIDE AND HATCHBACK ARE NOT WORKING.

I own a 2010 Toyota Venza and the three door locks and hatchback are not working. One door lock started to go bad about 2 years ago (36500 miles. I brought to Beaman Toyota to see if they can help me with it since the car only just pass the warranty and the service department told me that I had to pay $590 to repair it even though it seemed like a defective lock to me. On a Toyota car, I expected the lock should last longer than that. And now 3 doors locks and hatchback are all not working (84000 miles). It was so inconvenience to me to craw into the car to open doors for my kids everyday and couldn't not use the hatchback.
August 13, 2015. My brother-in-law dropped off the car at Beaman Toyota service department around 7:30am and told the service Rep. that 3 doors locks and hatchback lock were not working. About 9:45am, ***** called me from Toyota service dept. and told me that it's $1590 to repair which I was very unhappy about it since the car is 84000 miles and the locks shouldn't be bad that soon. ***** stated that after all the locks have been repaired, you should not have anymore problem. I told him to go ahead and fix them. About 11:37am, ***** called me and told me that he did not know anything about the hatchback so it will cost more to repair. So I told him not to repair the locks at all and I will pick up the car without repair. ***** then told me the mechanic has already started on it which he was lying to me about that. About 12:30pm, I called to let them know that I will be picking my car and ***** told me that the work has already been done. About 12:35pm, I came to pick up my car and only one door-lock replaced and the door panel has not put back together. At that time, no one come help me, so I took the car anyway because I don't trust them:Like they told me that all work have been done which they actually lie about that because only one door-lock replaced and it undone. They wanted to rip me off by not letting me pick up my car without repair. They quote one price then call later to change the price because they don't want to admit that the service rep. made mistake by not checking my hatchback when they quote me the total repair.
Also, ***** was making fun of me when I told me my car trunk instead of hatchback (corrected term.
We had some disagreement...
Service Department: **** ******* ***** ***** and ***** were involved and no one wanted to help.
Vice-president and ****** of customer relation were involved also. They were no help to me.
I called Adrien about the issue that I have, and she told me that she would call me back. I waited for couple hours and called her back because I did not hear back from her. Someone answered and told me she was at lunch and she should be back by 12:30pm. I still did not hear back from her so I called her again at 12:35pm and she was still not back from lunch. So I waited and called her back at 1:20pm and she had not done anything about my issue.
Even though I told ***** not to repair the work after they change the price, they still repair one lock and charged me $543.50 and the vice president told me if I don't pay, she will take legal action so I paid. They are so bad of ripping me off.
Please tell costumers to be careful when taking the car into Beaman Toyota.

Please repair the 3 door-locks and hatchback at no charge since I think the all locks are defective ( one door-lock went bad at 37K and 3 door-locks and hatchback went bad at 84K)and refund the $543.50 that I already paid.

Customer's vehicle is out of warranty with 84,182 miles. She authorized the door lock on 3 doors to be replaced for an estimate of $1590. The hatch was not included in this estimate. She left and the vehicle was moved into the shop and the technician started to work on one door. She later called back and wanted to cancel the repair. The technician had finished one door and we told her he had already stated on the repair. When the technician went to lunch, the vehicle disappeared from our shop. We called the customer and told her we were going to report it to the police as stolen. She said that she had it and it was not stolen. I told her that we had a mechanic's lien on the vehicle and it was taken from our shop without our permission. We agreed that she would pay for the one door lock repair that had been completed. She called our service cashier and paid $543.50 by credit card.
The estimate did not include the hatch repair.
We sincerely apologize if *****'s comments offended her. He did not intend to be offensive in any way.
It is our position that she authorized this work to be done and we started it in good faith. when she changed her mind, we had already completed a third of the agreed upon repair and she paid us for that work. We are offering an apology and feel that this should close this case.

Beaman's statement is not 100 percent correct. When ***** called to give me the total cost of repair which was $1590 for everything that I requested that morning, 3 doors and hatchback. One of the lock went bad at 37k miles which they should have a record of that. I cancelled the work order because they made a mistake of the total cost of repair and they should honor that. They did not check the hatch which was broken and the service Rep. acknowledged that when I dropped the car off that morning. They made a mistake when they gave me the total cost of repair. They lie to me when I told them that I wanted to pick up the car, and I told them that don't repair if they would not include the hatch. They still proceeded with the work order and that was why I went in to pick up the car. No one came to out to help me so I took my car back. I paid them because I had no choice. They repair one of the door anyway even though I told them not to. I authorized the work order which included 3 doors and a hatch which I stated when I dropped my car off. Please do not let Beaman lie to other consumer like me. Also, when told ***** that I would pick up my car and don't repair repair my car. He then told me that the car has been done which was a lie because when I picked my car, only one door has been repaired. Beaman forced customer to do the work so they can charge customer at a higher price. They have a very bad business practice. Therefore, I will tell all my friends and families about what they did to me. I never heard a company force customer to do the work even though customer did not agree to do so. Well, Beaman did that to me. They forced me to pay them for the repair that I did not authorized.

12/02/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

dishonest sales. not honoring there contracts or there deals
I got a call from salesman ***** saying that he had 2011 Nissan titan for $23900 and payment at $420 a month for 60 month. After test driving the vehicle and signing the deal he comes back telling the he had the wrong truck and that truck now is $32000. I told him you need to honor your deal and he's answer was I CAN'T because they are loosing money. the manager for used car sales came out after going back and forth with ***** to help me, he told that they are going to help on my financing.
Here's the help: now the truck was $28,000 the payments $520.00 A MONTH for 75 MONTHS. NOW I'LL BE PAYING $39,000 FOR USED TRUCK NO WARRANTY.

It would be really hard for me to consider a settlement because I have lost the trust and honor of there sales people. And I have being a costumer for a while and had bought several vehicle in that dealership.

Thank you for forwarding the complaint of Mr ******** to us. We are familiar with his concerns and sincerely apologize for the mistake that our people made on pricing of the 2011 Nissan Titan. We had 2 grey 2011 Nissan Titan trucks and he was shown the more expensive model with a higher level of equipment and given a price of the other one. We offered to sell him the more expensive one at a discount, but he chose not to purchase either truck. Our sales consultant, ***** ******** offered to fill his tank with gas when he left, as a goodwill gesture, but he refused. That offer still stands and I will be happy to send him a gas card, if he will accept it. Just let me know.