BBB Accredited Business since 06/17/2002

Nationwide Transmission

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

11/03/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

company has destroyed multiple parts in my vehicle. These are major components.company has refused to fix the problem.could be criminal investigation
Contact nationwide transmission to do a estimate only. Owner ***** ******** said he would give me a estimate below $400 which included removing transmission doing estimate and reinstalling it back. After giving me a estimate $1900 more than another provider I wanted my car back and declined any repairs. At that time he said he would not put the transmission back in my car and told me to pick car up with my transmission in the back seat of my car. The day I picked up my car I noticed he removed gears, clutch and other major components and caused damage to them. Now I am left with thousands of dollars in damage to my vehicle

I have opened a law suit against this company and hired a investigator to see if I take any criminal charges out. The Vehicle is still being looked at for possible damage done on purpose to the engine and other components. Regardless the obvious damage that has be done I am seeking $7400 which includes the damage his company has done plus Lawyer and court costs.

When Mr. ******* brought his vehicle to Nationwide Transmission we explained in writing what the diagnostic service would reveal and the cost. He approved that service with his signature. When he was advised of the need to dismantle his transmission in order to determine the cost of repairs, he approved that printed description of the service with his signature. When he decided to have his vehicle repaired elsewhere he became upset to the point I called the police. At that point the transaction was finalized and he had his vehicle towed from the property. Since there is pending litigation, and he approved the money he was charged with two signatures we consider this matter resolved. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Would like to re open this claim for it has not been resolved. Nationwide transmission has done nothing to fix issues.

As I explained in the original communication, we performed our incoming diagnostic inspection ($48.85)and it was discovered that he had two problems, one inside the transmission, and one with clutch operation. We recommended an internal transmission inspection as well as a clutch inspection at a cost of ($381.13). As required he authorized that cost with his signature. I have no doubt Mr. ******* understood the purpose of the initial cost he approved. Upon disassembly it was discovered that the transmission had been out before, installed incorrectly, minor clutch issues existed and the transmission had sustained fairly substantial damage. Since Mr. ******* had initially stated he did not want to spend a lot of money on repairs, I offered several different options including him supplying his own transmission for us to install, taking any impropriety out of the process. After several days he requested we rebuild his transmission. The estimate was created at which point Mr. ******* became very angry requiring the police be called to finalize his transaction. Attached is a copy of the signed repair order.

03/31/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

They did not return my vehicle in the manner in which it was given to them
I had my car towed to the facility for an assessment which involves dis-assembly of the vehicle. Once the estimated repair cost was more than I could afford I said that I no longer wanted to proceed with repairs. I paid for the service they have provided and to tow the vehicle back to my residence. Once it arrived I discovered that they had not put the transmission in the trunk of my vehicle in pieces. I called them back and they told me that the assembly is only if I got the vehicle repaired, which was not divulged to me until after the fact. I had an agreement to trade in my vehicle the following week

Reassembly of transmission

Mr. *******'s vehicle WAS returned to him in exactly the manner he requested. It was explained to him in writing on the repair order he signed prior to any service that "reassembly and installation will be included in the final estimate." That quoted statement is included on every removal in capital letters. Additionally the labor service was verbally read to him per our policy. I have attached a copy of the actual document with his signature. Mr. ******* chose not to proceed with the recommended repairs which included the remaining factory labor hours to reassemble and install his transmission. For the record, this repair process has been an industry standard for over 40 years.

Was not aware that I needed to have it repaired in order to get it put back in the vehicle. Never heard of such practices before

I'm not sure what more I can say. The labor description is quite clear on the repair order. The customer is always required to sign the repair order prior to this service being performed and the customer is always given a copy of any document he/she signed. Below is a copy and paste of the text on Mr. *******'s repair order.
REMOVE,DISMANTLE,INSPECT REAR WHEEL, 4 WHEEL DRIVE TRANSMISSION. DETERMINE CAUSE OF FAILURE, CREATE TO THE PENNY ESTIMATE, CALL CUSTOMER, AUTHORIZATION BY SIGNATURE ONLY. REASSEMBLY & INSTALLATION WILL BE INCLUDED IN FINAL ESTIMATE
The labor charge to remove, dismantle and inspect the transmission was 6.0 hours. The labor to remove, rebuild, and install the transmission is 20.3 hours, as stated by Audi. We hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

12/10/2015Problems with Product / Service