BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
This Business is not BBB Accredited
Barefoot Flooring Inc
Phone: (910) 772-1735Fax: (910) 772-9272
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||1|
|Problems with Product / Service||1|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||2|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|01/14/2013||Guarantee / Warranty Issues|
|06/22/2011||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received
Complaint: During the week of September 30 - October 7, 2010 I had flooring installed in my home. This included a floor medallion (Celebrita 36" round. I questioned some areas of the medallion and asked (name) from Barefoot Flooring to look at the medallion. He gave me tile cleaner to clean the medallion. When I got down to clean the stone, I discovered a hair line crack. This occurred within two weeks of the installation. I advised Mr. (name) of the crack. He came to my home on November 16 and stated that he was not sure that it was a crack. After some hesitation he stated he could have the factory rep look at it and I agreed. I followed back up on December 1 and Mr. (name) said he had been sick had not followed up. I called again on December 9 and was told that it would be after the holidays. I called on January 14 and was told that he would give me a call when he heard from the rep. I called again on January 28 and was told that he had heard from the rep and he should be in town within the next few days. Mr. (name) and the factory representative came on February 3. The factory rep took a picture with his cell phone. I completed paperwork with my name and address and was told that I would hear something in a "few weeks". On March 29 I called Mr. (name) and he stated that he had not heard anything. I asked for the name and number of the factory rep. I attempted to call the factory rep on March 29, April 8 and April 15. I left messages and received no reply. I talked with Mr. (name) on April 15 and he said he had been notified that he would be hearing something that day. On April 16 I received a letter that was faxed to Barefoot Flooring from , Inc. The letter included the following statement "Natural stone have a "natural crack" on the back, so when installed surface was was OK, but with the traffic the "back crack" goes through the surface. Based on the information they provided, I would say at this time, yes, the claim would be considered denied". I have sent letters to the factory representative, his supervisor and the Claims Department regarding my concern. The letter was mailed on April 22 but I have not received a reply. The crack was noticed within two weeks of installation and was reported immediately. The medallion is in the foyer of my home and gets very little traffic. I do not feel that it should have a crack. I feel the stone was already cracked before the installation or was cracked during the installation.
Business' Initial Response
Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.
Tile-Ceramic-Contractors & Dealers, Draperies & Curtains-Retail/Custom, Carpet & Rug Dealers-New, Kitchen & Bath Ceramic Tile
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in The Coastal Communities of Northand South Carolina. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Barefoot Flooring Inc is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.