Premier Pool & Patio, Inc

08/13/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Installed pool liner, now detached from pool wall. Also, hole dug by crew has resulted in buckling of pool wall.
Our experience with Parnell Pool and Spa has been a total disaster. In fact, it has been one of the worst we have ever had with any company. After paying for a pool liner in mid February of 2013, we were informed that we would be called to be scheduled for services. After 3 weeks, no one ever called. I called the company 3 times before receiving a call back. Finally, contact was made and an appointment was made to install new pool liner. Pool liner was installed with no problem it seemed. We had also paid for a foam wall replacement. The installation crewman told me that our foam wall did not need replaced, therefore, he would make sure that a refund would be issued. This did not happen until approximately 2 1/2 weeks ago, it is now July 1st (this also took several phone calls by me to remedy). About 3-4 days after installation of pool liner took place, I noticed that the crew never returned back to fill in a hole they had dug alongside the pool. Several calls later, I was reassured that someone would be back to fill in the hole. This never happened. I had to fill in the hole myself. Forward to late May, the pool liner that was installed, is now detached from the pool wall. Also, our pool has buckled in where the crew had dug a hole. Several phone calls later, an installation specialist came and took pictures. He reassured me that something needed to be done. I was relieved, especially after all the effort it took to get someone to listen to me. Last week, the manager called me on Monday to reassure me that he had not forgotten about our dilemma. He also promised to call later on that week after having someone else look at the pictures. He never called back. Last night, spouse came home. We called the company separately. He never received a call back. I received my call back by the manager only to be told that it was our job to fill the hole back in and that our wall was already buckled in when the job took place (note that I was told earlier that they would come fill the hole back in, but did not). This was totally untrue. I was also accused of not being home during the repair. This was also untrue. I gave the phone to my spouse who continued to have the same pointless conversation with the manager. Bottom line, manager stated that they were not going to repair damages, nor were they going to issue a refund. I regret not having read reviews for this company. $1500 dollars will now cost us double that, maybe more, plus the loads of inconvenience that has occurred in dealing with this company.

Refund of all monies paid to Parnell Pools & Spa.

In responding to the complaint filed, I would like to disagree with the facts of the compliant and use the following to support my claim.

It is true that we received a deposit in mid-February. It is true that we told the customer that we would call to schedule the work, but what the complainant left out is that they were told we needed the proper temperature and sun to do the work. We needed the proper temperature and sun because the liners are "vacuum packed" in the box and without the right temperature and sun, the packing wrinkles would not come out. Knowing that, we did not call since the outside temperature had not increased to a point where the work could be done. After very demanding conversations with the customer we did do the work and based on the customers own comments, "the liner was installed with no problems".

To address the collapsed wall...I have to first explain the grade, or slope, of the land. The land has a severe slope and the area of concern is on the high side. When we removed the old liner a section of the wall pushed in from the weight of the dirt on the high side. We had to dig out dirt on the outside of the pool wall in that area in order to push it back. Once that was done the liner was put in and, again, there were no problems...for approximately 3 months.

The complainant claims that we did something wrong. I contend we did not. With all the pressure of the dirt pushing in and the pressure of the water pushing out, if a problem in our workmanship was going to occur, it would have happened right away. My contention, based on my 22 years of experience, is this...the time that the problem occurred was during the large amounts of rain that this area encountered, and because the area of recently excavated dirt was on the high side of the yard, the rain runoff will run towards that area and always wash out recently excavated dirt. This is a problem of weather, not workmanship.

Part of the problem in this dispute is the unwillingness of the complainant to discuss or listen in a rational way. This customer would not listen to any other alternative as to the cause of the problem. He would talk over me in a nasty, rude way. He called our company every negative name I have ever heard. I had offered to meet with the complainant several times during our phone conversation. He continued to talk over me and never acknowledged my offer. He was only interested in one answer.

So I contend that this is not a workmanship issue, since this problem would have happened right away, and just because a bad thing has happened doesn't mean that a person or a company is to blame. Three months after the work was completed, unseasonably amounts of rain created the washout that was on the high side of the yard.

Swimming Pool Contractors, Dealers, Design, Spas & Hot Tubs - Dealers