BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 09/05/2013
Barrier Reef Pools and Spas of Florence, LLC
Phone: (843) 669-4567Fax: (843) 669-4583
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product / Service||1|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||1|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|08/03/2011||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Failure to honor service estimate or agreement
Complaint: Contract signed on May 17th for Daydream pool/spa. Installation started on June 6th. From day one, was told that we would be swimming within 7 days. Concrete was poured on June 15th. At this time the salt system was still not installed. Spa was not working during this time. Dirt was left but not graded around the pool as specified in the contract(6 foot from outside of pool). Was told by crew members that they would be back next day to clean up and grade dirt and fix front yard. Three days later, no one had showed up. Had to call to get someone to come over and get all the trash and boxes they left behind. Were having company over for Father's day. My husband spent the entire day grading the dirt himself. Water continued to be cloudy with no explanations and never received an orientation. No one would follow up with us, so we were constantly calling to see when salt system and spa blower would be installed. After (2) blowers were installed and not working, as well as breaker being tripped and electrician having to come out several times we were told that they did not install it correctly and had to research it online. Seemed as though no one around there was ever on the same page. They then raised the blower higher (above pump system). We were then told that we were getting a 2-horse power blower..that would solve the problem. Never heard back from anyone again. Continued to call owners in Lamar, SC and they kept sending us back to the manager of store location. He finally called back and said that they were going to have two guys come over and remove concrete because they had to fix it underground. This was 2 weeks ago and it has still not been resolved. Have been told day after day that they were coming and no one ever does. As of last week, rain water goes towards house from pool decking. Called owner and told him that we had no choice but to get an attorney to make them live up to agreement and he said to do what I needed to do. Said he is going to schedule an onsite meeting with us, the store manager and himself. Will wait again to see what happens. Have been getting the run-around the entire process. Today is July 14th and the Florence County Inspector came out and a re inspection is required at this time.
Business' Initial Response
Complaint Resolution: Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
Swimming Pool Contractors, Dealers, Design
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in The Coastal Communities of Northand South Carolina. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Barrier Reef Pools and Spas of Florence, LLC is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
Industry Tips for Swimming Pool Contractors, Dealers, DesignIn-Ground Swimming Pools Can Be a Major Investment
What is BBB Advertising Review?
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.