BBB Accredited Business since 04/11/2013

ANTEX Exterminating, Inc.

10/22/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Business failed to deliver promised follow up service. Failed to return phone calls.
After the company treated my house, the technician said that a follow up appointment needed to be scheduled within 7-10 days. The technician left the house without an appointment being scheduled (My roommate was at home during this time). The company charged $175 for the treatment that included a follow up appointment to ensure that the pests were gone. I called the business soon after to schedule a follow up appointment. The receptionist answered the phone saying she had to call the technician to get my appointment scheduled. She promised to call back. Neither the technician or the receptionist return my call. This same series of events happened 3 or 4 more times. On the final attempt to get them to return my call, I pressed to get the number of the technician so I could phone him directly and eliminate the middle man. The receptionist refused to give me his number promising me that someone would call back. They never called back. This sort of customer service is unacceptable.

While the company did treat my house for pests, they were not successful in eliminating the pest. If they would have honored their promised follow up visit, they would have discovered that they pests were not eliminated and that more treatment was needed. I acknowledge that they were upfront in saying that more than one treatment maybe needed; however, they would have discovered that their treatment was unsuccessful with a follow up visit. Now, I will have to hire another company to complete the treatment cycle. The problem remains exactly the same as before the company attempted to treat the problem. I should be refunded because they failed to honor their agreement.

In response to Mr. *******'s complaint I submit the following information.
Our company did a treatment on his room in a house occupied by at least 3 people as renters and owners. The treatment was to be followed by a second service to be scheduled. This service was not scheduled and the customer called our offices to try to set. Since the technician was unable to contact Mr. ******* nothing was resolved. This happened on 2 occasions over the last 60 days. The original service date was 8/13/14 and the original bill date was the same. Although no extra services were scheduled the payment was outstanding until 10/14/14, when one of his room mates called in a cc payment. At that time nothing was said about still needing service. The very next day a complaint was filed with your office. When I read the complaint and checked into the situation I saw the payment and we immediately refunded it to the customer.
While we might have tried harder to get in touch with Mr.******* I feel we did do what we could to resolve the issues and we did what the customer asked. We refunded his full payment within 24 hrs of it being received.
Respectfully,
***** ********

Pest Control Services, Contractor - Crawl Space, Mold & Mildew Inspection/Removal/Remediation, Mosquito Control, Bed Bug Inspection Service, Bed Bug Removal, Termite Control Services, Mold & Mildew Remediation, Mold & Mildew Inspection