BBB Accredited Business since 02/19/2003

Caravelle Resort Inc

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

11/05/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I checked in on July 12 2015.
I never got my confirmation until I arrived back home.
I found that there was not sufficient carts, no handicap parking.
The room was the nastiest I have ever been in. It was a disaster.
The management was horrible.
If anything was broke they did not come to fix it.
Everything they told me was a lie.
They said it was peaceful. It was so crowded you couldn't move.
My granddaughter could never find chair at the pool
They had only 4 elevators. You had to wait for half an hour for an elevator .
They had no beach umbrellas. I have never heard of that.
I am old and sick. I wanted to stay their to relax. It was a nightmare.
I have to go back to my doctor. I nearly had a nervous breakdown. We arrived at 3:10pm and got in the room at 7pm.

I would like them to know how unhappy I was there
They should pay me half $917.50.

Ms. ******,
We apologize for the issues that you noted in your complaint to the Better Business Bureau. We know we tried to accommodate your party by upgrading you from oceanview to oceanfront accommodations with the larger kitchen. We will review your account for further possible adjustments as we certainly want you to return under better circumstances. Thank you for your response and feedback.

They did upgrading me to a room that was really not clean. The couch looked like it should came from the Goodwill. That didn't help a bit they also called early Saturday morning told us to check out that tour our never up because it was Sunday-Sunday. It was the worst vacation i have ever had. I dont have that kind of money to stay in such a sorry place it was horrible.

I will accept this offer but, I want this over with. I do not want to wait 2 or 3 months.

08/09/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Booked in Jan. 2015 and moved us to an unacceptable room in July two weeks before arrival.
We booked our room in January of 2015 and ****** called us and said we had to be moved because of a toilet issue. I asked to to be relocated into ANY of the rooms in the Carolina Dunes but he said none were available. There are some available though!F!!!

I want the room I originally booked six months in advance. I want the conflict resolved as I am a repeating customer

We did end up putting them into the building they first booked with a lower floor as they requested.

07/21/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Refund due. Book it.com has been unable to contact ***** night clerk at CaravElle Resort to confirm the refund $194 is to be returned to me.eta2weeks
Checked in at CaravElle Resort on June 25,2015 to June 28,2015. Due to family emergency had to check out Saturday,June 27,2015.I Was informed to contact Book it.com for refund. Did so and was informed by ****** refund needed to be confirmed with Caravelle Resort. For 2 weeks this is still unresolved. Telephone calls have been made by both book it representatives and myself. Voice mails have been left but no resolution. Left voicemail for ***** night mgr.

Requesting refund $194.

Thank you for forwarding and upon review we will expedite this refund for her.

Regards,

**** *******, General Manager

Caravelle Properties

08/30/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Theft by Deception when reservations made; False information given at check-in; Staff insulting law enforcement (family); NO HOT WATER,etc
Rec'd confirmation email for reservations made with c/c on July 4th for check in on 7/9 and check out on the 7/11.Called back and requested an extra day, so we rec'd confirm of 7/8 check in.As I made reservations,I asked for a smoking room and the highest floor.I was guaranteed a smoking room on the 15th floor.When I made 2nd reservation,I confirmed this info.At check in, informed us they had NO smoking rooms at all, but I could smoke at the pool.At the pool,I was approached by not 1, but 2, security ppl who humiliated me as I was informed to go outside the gates.The 2 gates near me at the pool were locked with no ashtrays outside. ***** then LIED and said she never told us we could smoke at the pool.We lost our parking passes and went to the front desk where I was told by a male desk clerk that the cops are '********' if you park on the street w/out paying after 9 am. My brother & sister-in-law are retired MB police officers. Their daughter and my daughter were w/ me when this was said by the male at the desk.We had to call for our room to be cleaned on day one.On 2nd day,the floor was not even vacuumed or bathroom cleaned.Our last day,after being on the beach where I COULD smoke,covered in oil and sand,the hotel had NO hot water at all.The only comp I got during our stay was a $50 credit for food and beverages ONLY for the misinformation at the pool (and I complained that day to a mgr, .).We did not have one day at this hotel w/out being called liars,no service, poor service or just being humiliated.My sister checked out the same day we did and got a rebate of $50 for being w/out hot water.We were offered nothing .I'm absolutely sure I'm leaving some other horrible experience out, but I believe this to be enough.We were deceived, and if I would have been able to go to another hotel, I would have.But after driving 11 hours, and not another $500 for another hotel, we had no choice but to stay.
After being ignored, lied to, humiliated,poor service, etc., this ruined our entire vacation that we save all year for. After driving 11 hours and dealing with this staff for 3 days, and then not being able to take a shower the night before checkout or the morning of checkout, it was the worst experience we've ever encountered in such a hotel. We stayed at the Caravelle for 4-5 years in a row on our vacations before I lost my job several years ago, so we were extremely disappointed this year, to say the least.

Since paying more than $500 for this room, I am requesting a FULL REFUND for the following reasons:
1. Theft by Deception: Had we known there was NO smoking except on our balcony or the bar, we would never have booked this room, and we did not get the 15th floor that was guaranteed as well, but the 8th floor
2. Being called a liar by a front desk person, ****** who said she never told me we could smoke at the pool (my husband and daughter checked in with me and also heard her). Also, the humiliation at the pool, and it was packed with people, when I was approached by 2 security guards who made me put out a cigarette and dispose of the bottle I was using for ashes/cigarette butts. also said she would call when our room was ready, because we arrived early from PA. We went back to her at 2:45 pm, and it WAS ready. She just couldn't be bothered to call us. Not one other person was in the lobby but us, so she wasn't busy with a line of guests. She just did not care.
3. Front desk man calling MB police '********' in front of myself and 2 young girls, and also, those '********' just happened to be MY family members (the one young girl with me was the daughter of my brother and sister-in-law who ARE those retired officers)
4. We would not have even gotten our room cleaned at all if I had not called housekeeping, and our room was not even vacuumed on 2nd day or the bathroom cleaned.I didn't bother.At this point, I realized that no one in this hotel cares as long a they have your money.
Anyone who had these many issues in the short time we stayed at The Caravelle Resort would expect nothing less than a refund had it been them with their family, 11 hours from home. Absolutely unacceptable.

11/10/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Reservation for specific type of room was not available upon arrival at hotel
I made phone reservations well in advance of our vacation for two ocean front rooms with King beds. I paid deposits via credit card as I was told the rooms were available. Upon arrival I was told these rooms were not available. I was offered rooms with double beds at a slight discount. These rooms are always lower priced anyway. We tried to call other hotels but were stuck as there were no vacancies. I believe they knew we would be stuck and would have to stay there.

I believe we are due back half of the cost we paid for the discomfort of sleeping in full size beds when used to larger beds. One room was even missing part of the kitchen cabinets. The other room had a loose faucet in the bathroom. I now am not sure if they ever had the type of room we requested available and would like to prevent this practice from happening to anyone else.

Upon reviewing our customers issues we will refund $100 and will send a certificate for a future complimentary weekend stay. We hope this will help in the unfortunate circumstances they had while a guest as we certainly would like to have them back under better circumstances.

Hotels