BBB Accredited Business since 09/24/2015

All American Heating & Air Conditioning Service, Inc.

08/04/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Numerous repairs to split A/C unit and New replacement unit not working. Contractors paid in full, contractor delays services to fix problem
Experienced problems with old A/C unit coil freezing and producing cold air last summer, Contacted contractor for services, They recommended that the problem was low Freon or clogged line. Contractor did repairs and unit still kept freezing contractor return and recommended new capacitor and additional Freon. Repairs completed unit still kept freezing. Contractor recommended coil flush of system and Freon, repairs completed the problem still existed. After 4 months of schedule appts and repairs contractor recommended new coil, bought new coil and placed old, unit kept freezing. Contractor said because the weather is below 70 degrees the Freon can't be pumped properly, run the unit when it gets warmer and your problem should be resolved. First warm day I ran the unit and same problem existed, Contractors return and said the aluminum fins around the coil is bent so therefore your unit keep freezing recommend replacing. Replaced unit with 2012 Goodman Heatpump. Contractors install unit ran unit and the unit started to frost like the old unit. Called contractors to troubleshoot problem, They stated that there was not enough Freon in unit, contractors added 33 pounds of Freon way more then needed unit continue to freeze. Called contractor and all calls were placed as backlog. Contractors called and stated that they have not received the full amount that was agreed too, I agree with him and stated that I should have not been charge twice for Freon that wasn't used, I paid $385.00 back in November and the unit was full and never worked, why did I have to pay that same amount again. The new unit comes with Freon so the amount we agreed on should be deducted from the Freon that I have paid for this was approved by the office personal that the amount would be $1000 dollars total for the unit. The reason that they will sale me this unit at that price because I had already invested $1735 for a coil,freon and labor and also spent $400 dollars on new parts and that my old unit was turn over to them. After several no show appointments, I called to try and get my unit working correctly. Since contractors have been paid in full I am often put last on the list and the technician comes to my house late and works until 1 and 2 in the morning. All the technicians stats there is something wrong with the new unit that was sold to me. I have a ill mother with essential high blood pressure and other illness, I still have a unit that is not working and over $3100 dollars has been spent. Talking to the owner is getting me nowhere because he said he have other businesses to run such as his Limo services and he only has two technicians. I told him that I am a customer too that has paid you and my job should be priority before you send your technicians on any other calls, he stated that the other jobs are paying labor cost and he is losing money with me because the labor is free, I told him that I purchased a unit and paid for all services to have the unit working at 100% and they have an obligation to install my unit correctly. He have missed numerous workdays and had to adjust my schedule to accommodate the contractors, I feel they should be accommodating me. The only other option I have is small claims.

The settlement I am seeking from the company is a working unit that I have paid for or to replace it with one that works

Business states:

Originally Sold used equipment and freon does not come with used equipment. It was recommended that the equipment be replaced but consumer wanted to go with used. Business installed new equipment at no charge with 30 day labor warranty on 6/3/13.

The blower mower that was replaced did not solved the problem. The A/C unit will not go below 78 degrees if the thermostat is set for 77 degrees or less the coils still freezes and the unit will not shut off at the automatic mode. The unit does cut off at 78 degrees in the automatic mode and does not freezes, once again company and owner notified same day of replacing new motor three weeks ago. Received a response from office stating they had contacted the Coleman company the manufacturer of the unit. The recommended a bigger size blower to be compatible to condenser and coil unit also stated that they are replacing the whole furnace. Company office staff said on 2 July 2013 that the part will take about three to four days to deliver. The A/C unit will work okay when the weather is below 85 degrees outside the house will be tolerable temperatures exceeding 85 degrees outside the unit is worthless and continues to waste energy, I have no other choice but to relocate my mother and this has been a inconvenience.Now the company says I need a new furnace. It has been 10 months now and I will remain patient until the unit is working 100%. At this time I am not satisfied and I am still waiting for All American to complete the job.

The problem was concerning a part, a blower motor. The size was wrong. We put in a new motor and lowered the fan speed. At this point, I think the consumer is satisfied.

Heating & Air Conditioning