DentalWorks

02/18/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Was told to disregard any further financial responsibility for said account due to services rendered,a visit that lasted 4hrs. and 15min.
My original appointment date with (name) in Wilmington was on November 10, 2012. I went in for a possible filling or what may be a root canal and a core build up, which is a prep for crown work for a future visit. My first consultation I explained that I wanted to work within my insurance deductible and that was agreed upon of course. When I came in a hygienist I think her name was (name) or (name), maybe. She began with xrays,then prepped me for the root canal, was given Novocaine from (name), she left me with the hygienist quite often, I was not told whether or not it was a root canal or just a filling but I figured by the time it was taking it was the later. When I saw the hygienist drilling a fake tooth to fit my now peg of a tooth, I asked what she was doing, fitting me for a crown! My reply was that I was only supposed to be receiving a crown build up, and that I had gathered what they had already done was a root canal. The core build up was supposed to be on the upper part of my mouth where a temporary had cracked from a prior temporary. Well they figured as long as they were in there they would do the work, that what was said to me. By the time the hygienist was trying to fit me for the temp. tooth she had drilled a hole in the first one and had blamed me for not knowing what was a comfortable fit do to the amount of Novocaine I received. At this time when the dentist came in I was in tears and asked for the hygienist to leave me alone and her demeanor was nasty and I was done with her, my entire stay turned into a 4 hour and 1 5min. visit, INSANE to keep someone in a dentist chair for that long, not to mention when I complained about the hygienist I was told that if it was any consolation to making future visits she was not going to be there after two more weeks, she was going to another facility.When I finally got to leave I was told to be prepared to pay 223.27 for the days visit by the receptionist when I came in, but now she said I owed 500.00 and something cant remember exact amount, when I said no I was told 223.27. I was told since they had done extra work it had changed. I told them I was not prepared to do so, so she said they wold not send my tooth impression out for my crown to be made until that was paid. Since I was very upset I called the next day and talked to (name) the office manager she was already in the know, she was told what happened and how long I had been there. (name) apologized for what had happened and for the work being done for which was supposed to wait for my insurance to roll over in January. Joanie told me not to worry about the remaining balance on the account consider it "wiped clean" and they would send out the impression for the crown to be made. Good to her word I came in for my appointment on December 14, 2012 and they did the work and finished my crown, before I left I had asked Rebecca the hygienist if I was good to good, and she said your good, I thanked her and left. A few weeks later I received a letter from my insurance and (name) was trying to submit the bill to my insurance, which was denied due to the fact, they hadn't waited to do the work before my insurance rolled over for the year. When I called (name), her response was well the Doctors were hoping to collect something for the work done.

To consider the account paid in full, like I was told from the office manager for their negligence.

02/04/2013 I spoke with ***on 01/23/13 and explained to her, per Dr. *** that she will not be charged for remaining balance for her crown. She was very happy and relieved. Thank you so much!

Dentists