The Coastal Communities of North and South Carolina

Veteran Builders, LLC

08/17/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This company provided estimates for expensive items then used bait and switch tactics on a senior citizen causing the bill to be hundreds more.
When providing an estimate for repair/replacement work on a house for a senior citizen, the estimate included items that were the most expensive items instead of reasonably priced, particularly for a decades old home. After it was discovered what they'd done, I contacted them to cancel the order. They said they'd already placed the order and would do the work in a few days. After being told we couldn't cancel, I told him that not one more dime would be spent. They did the work and it turned out they put in an even more expensive door and charged even more money. The senior citizen was taken advantage of and a bait and switch tactic was used. They also bypassed me to go behind my back and get the senior citizen's approval without me.

There is no specific settlement amount in mind. I feel in addition to reimbursement of the extra money charged after the estimate, there should be more money to the settlement to reimburse for taking advantage (as described in my complaint, they provided estimates for very expensive items).

Veterans Roofing did three separate proposals for work to be done at the mother of the complaintants residence. The complaintant (Daughter) lives in another City. I delat with the mother as far as proposals and agreeing what she wanted done. One estimate was for a new roof, we did a complete roof replacement. The second proposal was for a storage door to be replaced and painted and replace the foundation vents. We were paid to do all of that after I submitted invoices for payment to the mother. I have signed invoices on those two tasks that were completed and we were paid accordingly. The third proposal was for wood replacement on the outside and painting, I was informed that they couldn't afford the third proposal at this time. After having completed the second task and being paid by the mother as agreed, the daughter; whom lives out of town called me that night and left a nasty message accusing me of taking advantage of her mother whom we did the work for. That is far from the truth. If we were doing something that was not agreed upon, why would the mother sign our completed invoices and pay us? The daughter needs to watch what she is accusing my Company of, (bait and switch); or she could be getting sued by me for slander. If anyone needs copies of the signed invoices, we will be happy to provide them. We are not going to refund anything nor are we going to bend over to do whatever it is that she has in her mind. Thanks.

Business supplied email:
Use this address for this or any future complaints, but nothing else

04/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This letter is to notify you about a dilemma I am having with the Veteran Builders LLC with regards to repairs executed (roof) at my residence.
To whomever it concern:
This letter is to notify you about a dilemma I am having with the Veteran Builders LLC with regards to repairs executed (roof replacement) at my residence on 12/17/2008. I am embittered with service provided due to countless discrepancies that are listed below:
1. Pipe boot improperly installed
2. Shingles improperly nailed
3. Shingles Improperly installed in accordance to specification
4. Damaged shingles occurred during installation
I have already unsuccessfully attempted to contact **** ********, the General Contractors for Veteran Builders on several occasions to address and resolve this dilemma in the past; however, he was disinclined to return my calls until recently. I have attached photos, enclosed copies of my records. I am hereby petitioning a full refund because I simply don't presume that this company will accomplish the objective of restoring my roof in a professional matter.

Please get in touch with me as soon as possible because, I have prepared a complaint for submission to the proper agencies for inquiry. I will not file the complaint if you resolve the problem. . Thank you for your anticipated assistance in resolving my problem. Please contact me at telephone number and/or e-mail address if you have any questions.

We have reviewed the complaint from the homeowner through the Better Business Bureau. As discussed with the homeowner over the phone prior to his filing a complaint, we cannot honor any installation warranty issues on his roof six years after the roof was installed. All roof replacements come with a one year installation warranty only. If his roof leaked within that one year warranty time frame, we would have went out to repair whatever was causing this problem. Thank you.

I am a retired Army, disabled veteran and a life member of the DAV, and VFW. Veteran Builders, who was hired and allegedly exemplify the veterans, notably in the Fayetteville, North Carolina area has done an injustice to my home. Their slogan to thank every single Veteran past and present that have served this great Country is very disingenuous. Since they feel, and think they can produce substandard work on my home, subsequently without delay. I will hire an independent professional roof inspector to come down right away to inspect and give me roof damage estimates. Contact my home owner's insurance company, and my only legal recourse is with both a construction attorney and small claims' suit.

Veteran Builders stands behind all work/contracts that we perform. We provided a 1 year installation warranty on the roof replacement. That warranty period had expired 5 years ago. Had you had an issue with the roof within that 1 year time frame, we would gladly have came out and rectified the situation.

Contractors-General, Storm Windows & Doors-Repair, Hardwood Floor Contractors, Heating & Air Conditioning, Siding Contractors, Roofing Contractors, Home Improvements, Contractor - Remodel & Repair, Contractors-Residential & Commercial, Contractors-Home Improvements