BBB Accredited Business since 06/19/2007

Autohaus, Inc.

12/10/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

While my car was in for repairs, a longboard skateboard went missing from my car. He said he would compensate the value of the board. He has not.
On Friday November 24th, I took my car to AutoHaus to have my transmission replaced. On Thursday, November 31st I went to pick it up. I picked it up and left around 4:50PM, and arrived home around 5:05. At that time I got out and looked back in the car, and I noticed my longboard was no longer in the car. I remembered thinking as I dropped it off that I will just leave it in since I won't need it until I get it back. I was unable to contact the business that same day since they were closed, so I returned the next day, November 1st, with my cousin. I spoke with the owner, ******, and he told us that he would make it right for me. He told me he would get it back or get me the money for it. We agreed on the amount of $150 dollars, which I told him would be my cost to replace it.

He doesn't have the money currently and that he can't get the money soon, I just have to wait. I have since found out that he did not do the transmission work himself, but subleased it out to another shop. He now is saying that it went missing there and that he's going to get the money from them. He told me that the other shop (which he won't call by name) has agreed to pay me a portion of the value, but he can't get the money from them. I feel like he's just dragging it out until I give up.

When I try to ask him when he can pay me, he says how I should be glad I'm getting anything. He says that since the work order says they aren't responsible for lost or stolen goods, they don't have to do anything. So it sounds like he's just playing me out.

He has said that he's accepting responsibility for the problem and is going to compensate me. Now he's saying that he doesn't have to compensate me and I need to be patient or I might not get anything.

I would like the value of the skateboard replaced so I can purchase a new board. Or, I would like the board itself.

I value it at $150.

MiniLogo Deck = $30; Gullwing Trucks = $50; Orangatang wheels = $60; Spacers, bearings, screws = $10

The business has compensated me for my lost board. I've cashed the check at his bank so unless he cancels the check I consider our business concluded and I'm satisfied with the turnout.

Auto Repairing - Foreign, Auto Repair & Service, Alternators & Generators - Auto Repair, Auto Air Conditioning, Auto Electric Equipment