A-Way to Go, Inc.

05/06/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Quality Cars sold a vehicle that was unsafe and, after offering to correct some of the issues, has defaulted on multiple commitments.
On 3/25/13 I purchased a 2004 Dodge Intrepid from Quality Cars for $3700.00 cash. Within a couple of days I realized steering the car was difficult and it pulled toward the right. This, coupled with braking problems, resulted in me hitting a wall. I took the car to GT Auto works to find out the problem and learned that not only were my front brakes down to metal & the back brakes not much better but, my front tires were different sizes resulting in the pulling. Of course, I had the brakes replaced immediately and was in search for a tire. On approx 4/17/13 I had to return the car to GT Auto works because it was shimmying and stalling. After checking it they discovered a burned coil pack, fouled plugs and bad fuel injectors. I contacted ****** at Quality Cars for some feedback. After many calls we agreed he would have my car repaired, at his cost, and I would pay the garage what was owed to them. My car was picked up on 4/18 and taken to his "man" to fix it. When I called later in the day he informed me that they were going to have to replace the computer and that would come from Fla. He assured me my car would be ready on or by 4/24. On 4/24 the explanation for delay was they sent the wrong computer, they sent it back & the place they were getting it from didn't have a computer after all. At this point I was told they were trying to find the part. On 4/26 I was told they took my car to the dealership for the computer and it would be ready 4/29. On 4/29 the excuse was computer was acting up and they were waiting for fuel injectors and a coil pack and the car may be ready next week. On 5/3 I was told the car was going back to the dealership and it will be ready 5/7. At one point ****** did discuss me getting an alternate vehicle with $3000.00 credit for the Intrepid and finance the difference. That is not the best option, as they know, since I am pregnant and due 5/12. Since I am practical and realize that my household income will be greatly diminished during my maternity leave of 6 weeks I see adding an additional bill to my household budget as a poor decision. Thus, I paid in full when I purchased the vehicle, with help from family.

Since I do believe that the condition of the Dodge Intrepid at the time of purchase was hazardous at best, I do ask that ******, representing Quality Cars, upholds his commitment. I would like to see my car repaired, all faulty parts replaced and returned to me in a timely manner. If this solution is unacceptable I would accept a full refund. I say full because I do think that what I have paid in insurance for a vehicle I haven't been able to drive, brakes that I have replaced and the time and effort put into trying to get the repairs done and my car returned is enough out of pocket for me.

The business stands behind their offer to repair the vehicle out of pocket- $1600- at no cost to the consumer. This is not a requirement by law, as this vehicle was purchased "AS IS." However, the business has a reputation to uphold and as a good faith effort, they will go above and beyond to keep the consumer happy.

Auto Dealers - Used Cars