J & J Business Services

03/30/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My husband ,and I filed our taxes again this year as like last year at J &J Tax Service in Myrtle Beach. My stepfather suggested them after becoming friends with the owner *****. I filed last year with no issues. ***** was a very nice man. However due to the recent death of ***** his son ***** has taken over the business . Dealing with ***** this year he seemed polite ,and like a gentlemen. I asked him, "being we are filing today when can we expect our refund ?" ***** Replied ,"oh, 8 day's" He pulled my account up from tax year 2013 he verified our information, and when he asked, "do you want you're return deposited into this Wells Fargo account ?" I quickly said "No , that account has been closed for almost a year. Take that out of the system, and just have it sent Via United Postal Service to MY HOME address." He confirmed the account was closed, and our home address. we even had a small conversation about it. After everything was complete he told me it would be 90$ when the check came in to bring it to him just as his father ***** did the year before. I verbally confirmed three times that the refund would be sent to our address, and he agreed that it would. I checked Irs.gov for our refund status ,and it said it would be sent out Friday 13th,2015. I again checked again on Monday to see if the Irs status said "sent" . Instead I was very discouraged to see the the status said " your refund was returned due to the account being closed. " " your refund will be mailed out by Feb.26,2015. if not received by Mar. 26th please contact us." This is NOT what I needed/wanted to hear. As we are both recently unemployed seeking employment. As almost every family always hash plans for income tax. We have 2 small children ,and a pay as you go account with Horry Electric. This is how we keep our family warm,and tummies full & clean . our children go to school in Myrtle Beach ,and we live in conway as we we're employed in Myrtle Beach. So the cost of gas for our Chevy Trail Blazer when you have no income , not to mention 40$ left on your lights .As for the reason we're so upset , I called the IRS ,and finally got to speak with a live person. He informed me that the refund was sent back,however it takes three weeks for them to receive it ,and it was due to be sent out on Mar. 9th,2015. After the refund was actually sent it could take 10 to 14 days to receive the refund Via USPS. It is now going on week 3 with another month to wait.When I have a verbal agreement with someone "that it will be 8 days" , that's what I depend on. It was 8 days ,but because of ***** it was sent to the Closed checking account. I have no clue where *****'s mind was when we had our conversation about NOT depositing our refund into a closed checking account. Now we are in a huge hardship because of poor service. No one expects to be laid off after 3 years in a corporate office,having to go back to the 2 year position before that at a hostile "sales" work environment. To be let go. It may not seem like a big deal to many ,but it is to the hard working,living paycheck to paycheck citizens. I expect $1000 for our time ,and embarrassment of having to ask family ,and reimburse friends that have/will be loaning us money just to get by while we are looking for a job. After finding a job we still have to wait 2-3 weeks on a paycheck depending on the pay period. We want our voices to be heard LOUD & CLEAR !! We don't want any other family ,especially with the risk of loosing everything you own with children to possibly be homeless to ever go through this burden we have been placed in. Please let our voice be heard.

Refund