The press release below, largely concerning unanswered and unresolved complaints filed against Eho Studios, LLC/Defy Supply LLC, was issued by the Better Business Bureau on August 8, 2013. In response, the company contacted the BBB and set up a meeting which occurred in early September. In the course of that meeting, company management pledged to resolve any previously unanswered complaints and work closely with the BBB in regard to any future customer concerns. Since that time, all of the complaints unanswered and unresolved complaints referenced below have been closed as resolved. The company no longer has an F rating.
Burnsville, Minnesota - August 8, 2013 -
The Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota (BBB) is issuing an alert on Eho Studios, LLC - an online furniture dealer which has been the subject of customer complaints. The company, based in the Twin Cities and which also does business as Defy Supply, LLC, has been given an "F" rating by the BBB due to a pattern of unanswered and unresolved complaints.
"The company touts the high quality of their products as well as their low prices," said Dana Badgerow, president and CEO of the BBB of Minnesota and North Dakota. "However, some customers are telling us merchandise they received was in poor or damaged condition, shipments were delayed - or not received - and the company was not helpful in resolving these concerns."
The company has been the subject of 42 complaints filed through the BBB over the last three years. Sixteen complaints have gone unanswered and three were closed unresolved. Eho Studios, LLC has responded to and resolved - either directly with customers or through the BBB - roughly half of the complaints on file with the Better Business Bureau. In most of those instances, the company provided requested refunds. However, many complainants allege the company was unresponsive to inquiries they made prior to filing their complaints with the BBB.
On July 24, the BBB invited the company to meet and discuss the underlying causes of customer complaints. However, Eho Studios, LLC did not respond.
When shopping for furniture online, the BBB advises customers to:
- Research the company's background at bbb.org.
- Do some comparison shopping before making a purchasing decision.
- Make sure you're clear on shipping and return policies; is there a restocking fee? If your merchandise is received in damaged condition, what steps do you need to take?
- Call the company's customer service line to see if it's answered by an associate. If not, leave a message and see how quickly your call is returned.
- Confirm your online purchase is secure by looking at your browser for the "s" in https:// and in the lower-right corner for the "lock" symbol before paying.
- Pay with a credit card. Under federal law, the shopper can dispute the charge if he or she doesn't receive the item or it's delivered in damaged condition.