Minnesota and North Dakota

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

09/03/2012Billing / Collection Issues
08/06/2012Delivery Issues
09/26/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

We had a rental water softener installed from Culligan water in Anoka. I am the one that spoke to the sales rep and set everything up. At the time he said I would only need to checks one made out the city for the inspection and one to them for then installation $30 each. My husband was home when they came and signed the paperwork. After receiving the first bill I saw that I was being charge $149 for installation. Also a $30 trip charge for the installation. I have called many times with no return call about this. Then I get a call from a *********** regarding the past due invoice. I told him that I do not agree with the bill and that I want a full history statement sent to me. He said he would and never sent it. A few days later I get a letter in the mail about not being able to reach me and payment is due immediately. I called him back again with no answer and left a voice mail to email me this info. Still no email back. Then I saw his email on the letter and emailed him that I was going to contact the BBB is this was not resolved. He replied telling me that I need to contact *** and that he copied him on the email. I called and no returns call from ***. Then I emailed again to both *** and **** a week later and No response
Product_Or_Service: Water Sofenter Rental

I want the $149 installation fee removed and an update statement showing this. I also want the salt charges removed as we have not received any salt deliveries since the bill has been past due and they will not deliver it.

We have a Customer Agreement signed by *********** which shows they were charged $139 for the installation of our water softener, this was to be broken up in installment payments of $35 down and $35 a month for the next two months and a fourth payment of $34. There is also a $30 permit fee that needed to be paid to the City of Brooklyn Park. The $30 permit fee and the $35 down payment were supposed to be paid at the time of installation which they were not but we did the installation anyway. Their first bill did not include any charges for a trip fee, they were billed the appropriate rental charge for the equipment for their first 56 days of service, their installation down payment, the second $35 installment on their installation,and a charge for 80 lbs of salt that was put into the softener at the time of install. At total of 240 lbs of salt were put in but we gave them 160 lbs free. We keep notes on customer calls and we do not show that the customer called our office until August 14th, this was after we left several voicemails and sent a letter and two delinquency notices to them asking them to contact us because we had not received any payment from them. On August 21st a copy of the agreement was emailed to the customer showing the amounts that would be charged for the installation and also showing that it was signed by her huband, ***********. We have billed the Perez's exactly as the signed agreement states we would and have provided service in good faith but to date have not received any payments. We do not feel that any adjustments to the bill are due at this time.

I think this is a clear case of poor customer service. I am the one who called and set everything up with *** and my husband was not involved in any of the set up of this. They clearly took advatage of the situation by having him sign a document that he wasn't aware of as being a contract. I have called and spoke to **** prior to his letter he sent out about non communication. So that again is not the truth from this company. I still have not to this day received a statement showing all the charges to date, I did not request a copy of the contract as this was never signed by me who ordered the service. I will not make any payment to this company until they remove this charge and show me documentation of the bill in full. I also think that because of them dragging their feet on giving me a statement and just wanting me to pay that there are also other charges on there that shouldn't be. To this day no call or email from *** and also no follow up from ****.

Water Soft & Conditioning Equipment Service & Supplies