Minnesota and North Dakota

BBB Accredited Business since 08/21/2008

Crystal Canyon, Inc.

9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

06/06/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

DO NOT EVER GO WITH THIS COMPANY!! We have had a flood in our house after they changed our filters, a $900 water bill because of their faulty water softner that is still not fixed. It is now depositing calcium in our dishwasher and shower. WE need a new dishwasher now. Still waiting to hear from the owner who has been finding excuses for the past two months. I wrote my story on their facebook page and its gone. They have not taken responsibility for anything at this point

replace or refund my water softner and refund me for the flood they cause me when they came and change the filters

An appointment has been scheduled with our customer to resolve this matter, and we will be able to provide a final response by June 5th, 2013.

i paid $ 4600 for the whole system the drinking water system and the water softner from crystal canyon water.

Crystal Canyon
**** did called me and came to my house on Tuesday and meet with me he told me he was sorry for not getting back to me and taking to long because of all the meeting and the customers he has.He cut me a check for my water bill and fixed my water softener we are really happy .**** his a good guy I am telling all the customers if you have a problem with crystal canyon talk to **** he get things done he will come to your house and meet with you and solve the problem for you.Thank you CRYSTAL CANYON.

03/15/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Wrong charge on Credit Card
I have attempted contact several time to find out what they charged to our credit card (they made a wrong charge) Person who responded did not know and referenced me to another person who has not called back

Need the Owner of the company to call me ************ ************

The billing was reviewed with the customer and it was determined to the customers satisfaction, that our billing was correct. Our records also indicate that we did attempt to contact him many times, but due to his restricted hours, it made reaching him difficult. We consider this issue closed.

09/24/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Crystal Canyon did not show up for an appointment, no phone call to cancel. Then I was treated poorly when I called to inquire.
Crystal Canyon called me to schedule an appointment to come out and change 2 filters and check the lines. The day of the appointment no one showed up. After 30 min I called to inquire. *****, an employee answered when I asked about the missed appointment he asked his boss said the van broke down. Then ***** said they could just ship us the part and it would be cheaper anyway. At that point I was confused because I didn't understand why they called me to set up an appointment that would cost $125 then tell me that they would ship it and we could do it ourselves cheaper.
Then *****'s boss **** got on the phone and asked me what they were coming out to do. I said I didn't really know that the company called me to set up this appointment. When I started questioning the business, he said started becoming condescending to me by saying that I didn't hear the whole conversation so I don't know what is going on. I ended the conversation at that point. I felt that **** was very unprofessional and I would never recommend this company to anyone.
We have had problems with customer service for the 2 years we have had their products (water softener and filtration system)

I'd just like to know who the people are call me and a schedule of when I need to change my filtration system. I will call them when I need the parts. This system was $2600 we do want to take care of it so it lasts.

Our customer states they have had customer service issues for two years. Our records indicate otherwise. In December 2010 they called to say their filters were clogged. We sent a service guy to change all the filters and included a sediment filter all at no charge to the homeowner. Typically this is not warrantied work because it was the condition of the water that resulted in the filters being clogged. Our service records then indicates that there was no additional concern until it was time for their next scheduled service for filter changes. Which, on 10-10-2011 another set of filters were mailed for them to install themselves at their request. On 11-7-2011 we were informed that our customer's filters never arrived. At our expense we shipped out a second set. It is true that it is more cost effective for a homeowner to change their own filter if they are capable and that was the option presented to them. The servicing of their equipment should be done as follows: Their reverse osmosis filters should be changed yearly unless the condition of their water dictates otherwise. All our customers are very important to us and we take full responsibility for their continued satisfaction and hope this resolves the issue.

09/06/2012Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Charged our bank account for services not rendered. We canceled our service in July with Crystal Canyon Water.
My name is************* and I am the office manager at ****************************.
We stopped using Crystal Canyon Water Company after many months of problems with deliveries. We had to call them numerous times to get our water delivered. With every phone call we received very poor customer services from the employees answering the phones. They would tell us the water would be delivered tomorrow and the next day no water would show up. We finally had enough in the end of June beginning of July when we were completely out of water for over two weeks, with no water being delivered. We called and canceled all our services in July.
Today I checked out our bank account after the weekend and see a charge pending from Crystal Canyon Water Company. I don't know why they are billing us when they are no longer our water supplier. We have not had any water delivered since the beginning of July and now it is September.

We also called them last Tuesday August 28th 2012 to see when they where going to pick up all the empty bottles we have in the back, and the women who answered the phones said " Tomorrow Wednesday August 29th 2012" . They did not show up to pick up the empty water bottles; they are still sitting in the back employee area. Once again another example of the company telling us they are coming and not showing up. The same thing we experienced the whole time with our water delivery.

I want a refund for the money withdrawn from our checking account today. I would also like to them come and pick up the empty bottles of water we have in the back room.

I do see that a credit card was charged, and I believe that was a glitch in the system as it shouldn't have been charged. I will be sure our accounting department refunds that charge right away, so please watch for the credit. I also see someone from the business spoke to a customer service rep in our office on Tuesday to inform them we will stop by to pick up the empties when we are in the area. I will be sure that refund takes place right away, and the empties will be picked up when we are in your area. I do apologize if this has caused any inconvenience and I am sorry this had to go to the BBB, instead of being handled through our office directly.

We I left a massage with Crystal Canyon and told them I was writing a letter to the BBB, they got right on our refund and I actual got two phones calls back.( they have never returned a massage before) That is the most I have ever received from them. So they are working with us on getting a refund now. Thank you for your help on this matter.

07/20/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The products I purchased from this company do not perform in the way I was told they would, in fact they have caused problems with my water and air.
I received a phone call from a person whom I thought was from the St Paul Water Dept. offering a free water analysis. He did not say this was a sales call of any kind. When he arrived on 2/4/12 and said he was from Just Water I did agree to let him test my water due to problems in the past with cloudiness and smell. He brought out all these little bottles and testing drops and by the time he was done ofcourse my water was full of all sorts of chemicals and bacteria. We sat down to discuss my problems First off I needed a Reverse Osmosis Purified Drinking Water System model#C6725 on my kitchen sink. Second and third a Wholehouse Ultra Violet Water Disinfectant System model#CC7801 which would attach to my Entire House Water Refiner Filtration System model#C24505 and finally a Whole House Air Purification System model#CC8901 that combined ultraviolet energy and ozone to purify the air and eliminate odors extremely effective against micro-organisms such as dust mites, mold spores, viruses and bacteria such as Seratia Marcescens, by up to 100%. I questioned the cost $11,400 and laughed in his face he quickly told me that if I would write a letter saying how much I liked these products he would lower the cost down to $8400.00.He said that they do financing through his company which was actually through Aqua Finance. He thought it would be better if I got my cousin who lives with me to put her name on the credit app to because I am disabled and receive only SS. I called her upstairs and we went over everything again. She agreed that if these products do all the things he stated they would be worth getting . He went on to fill out the credit app. himself as well as the Retail Credit Agreement-NY Credit Sales Contract-HI which just gave the description of goods and a price, Notice of Cancellation that gave us 3 days to change our mind and away he went but came back the next day with a re-written credit app by someone in his office and the other part of the app which was not attached to the original stating it was a revolving credit agreement and disclosure statement. We were also told our monthly paymnt was going to be $148.00 at 13% interest but now find out it's 17.99%. I was also told at this time he needed a copy of my deed showing Just Water I owned the home. I called on 2/6 with resevations and Gary came right over with Mike who wore an Eco Water uniform. For 3 hours I sat and questioned why I needed all of this stuff and asked what if I decided I didn't like something and didn't want it, would I be SOL? They just kept asking why I wouldn't like something that improved my health?I caved and on 2/7 the equipment was installed. This was before I was contacted by phone from the finance company to go over the credit app which wasn't approved till 2/13 and also the purchase date. I only received a short letter with my acct# 02-00274182 monthly payments of $210.00 and that my credit report set the terms for the APR which comes out to 22.75% my credit is perfect and this is a sham. I found out this went through Time Investment and not Aqua Finance as well. Less than a month later we were questioning the softness of the water which seemed nonexistant, my skin and hair are still dry cracked scally and brittle. The laundry is hard and stiff.I have environmental and seasonal allergies as well as asthma and have not noticed any difference in the air or orders in my home actually I have more dust than before their product was installed which causes me increased breathing problems. There has also been no change in the odors. I started calling on 3/2 no one called back, my water turned brown on 3/11 on 4/11 I finally spoke with Brandy sent a tech on 4/12 the problem got worse and now there is something growing in my toilet. Left numerous messages to get their products out of my house on 5/30 got a call from Christine saying they can't take it back I own it and even if they did remove them I'd have to pay for them anyway.

My first thoughts were that I just want these products out of my house because this whole thing was nothing but a big scam between Crystal Canyon Water/Just Water/Eco Water Systems. I made 27 phone calls between March 2nd and May 30th, only 2 were ever answered, and the last only because a manager from the finance company told them they had to contact me. That's when I finally spoke with Christine. I told her about the problems I was having and that they actally started within the first month so I wanted them removed. She just kept saying I needed to have someone come out to see what is going on. A tech was out on April 14th and he made things worse, so no, I just want this stuff out.She told me I purchased these products so I own them and they won't take anything back. On April 18th I started to get a toothache and swelling in my gums, by the 20th I had a full blown infection , I went to the dentist, he gave me an antibiotic and referred me to an endodontist for a root canal, he sent me to an oral surgeon who cut open my gums and ran a tube through them, by now the whole inside of my mouth is swollen, including my face, jaw and neck. I went to a different dentist who put me on a stronger antbiotic and pain meds, within 2 days he did a root canal. All my teeth on the bottom are loose from canine to canine and that night I lost the canine that got the root canal as well as the one next to it, so far. I was on antibiotics for a month and a half when I realized maybe it's the brown water I keep brushing with that is causing the antibiotics to be ineffective. Within a week of switching to the filtered water the infection started to clear up. To date I have spent over $1300 and the problem is still not resolved. My dentist said I had the worst infection he has ever seen, and yes, it's a good possibility it was caused from my water. The infection was so bad it actually caused my jaw bone to split and come thru my gums, which is still there today. I will need to have 6 more teeth extracted and then fitted for a lower denture costing approx 3 times what I've already spent. I'm 59 and have never experienced as much pain as I have over the last 9 weeks. That includes childbirth and surgeries. I should feel lucky though, if these dental problems hadn't come up before my total knee surgery on April 26th I might be looking at an above the knee amputation instead of just dentures.At this point I just want them to take back all of their products cancel my contract with Time Investment and refund the payments I made of $420. I have refused to make anymore payments to the finance company and they are threatening to report me to the credit bureau, if they do I also want that retracted, otherwise I will retain an attorney for personal injury and go after them for alot more than $8400.

We have made arrangements to meet with the consumer on Monday July 9th 2012 at 2:30 pm to see if we can get the issue resolved. Thank you!

Brandi DeBates
651-967-7758 Fax
bdebates@crystalcanyonwater.com
www.crystalcanyonwater.com

03/19/2012Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was told to give a credit card number and issue a service date and as long as I cancel before the service date I would not be charged. NOT True!
I had a representative come to my house on Nov. 30th 2011 for a free water inspection named ***** to test my water. He talked about our water and potentially getting a reverse osmosis system filtration system and I was interested. I told him that I was currently involved in redoing my basement and was not sure I wanted to add this expense right now and needed to think about it ***** was nice and did not push us but mentioned that if we filled out paperwork and left a credit card number that as long as we scheduled a service date and canceled before the service date there was no way they would charge us. We agreed on a service date of the 12th which would give us time to decide whether or not we wanted to cancel. I called Crystal Canyon on Dec. 7th and canceled and was told that ***** was not available but that they would go ahead and cancel our service. I checked our credit card over the next couple days and saw no charge nor did I receive a call from anyone from Crystal Canyon. On Dec. 30th I was looking at my credit card bill and noticed a charge of 3468.20 had been processed on Dec 13th. I called Crystal Canyon and asked why I was charged they told me that they had notes saying I wanted to wait until Spring to install but did not cancel. I asked them why would I pay interest on a credit card for 4 months and not install? I informed them this was totally inaccurate and needed the charges reversed. I also told them that I canceled the service via my cell phone so I could verify time of call and date that I called in to cancel. They told me that they ordered equipment for my house already, and I asked how could they custom order for my house without measuring or seeing what they needed. They told me it was Universal so then I told them then you did not custom order for me. Also why would you order equipment for me when "according to you was not to be installed till spring" which was not true but still did not make sense. Finally, I got a call back saying they have a binding contract and will try and hold me to it even though ***** agreed that he did tell me as long as I cancel before the service date I would be fine. I also spoke with **** their Sales Manager who told me that he was there to help and would have ***** call me and when I explained to him and told him why does ***** need to call me, is ***** authorized to credit me back? He said yes, then ***** called me and told me all the info I mentioned above, said he had to ask **** and then told me they believe they have a binding contract. Keep in mind they charged my credit card on Dec. 13th and did not call about an installation that they were charging me that they were ordering anything, they charged me and did nothing that would make be believe there was a misunderstanding of service they were going to provide. They charged the money and did nothing hoping enough time would pass that my money would be unrecoverable. I filed a dispute with *** and they reversed the charge but Crystal Canyon tried to swindle and keep the money from me. I even mentioned prior to the lies from them that I may decide to do it later in the year. I can assure you I will not use them and do not trust them at all.

Although I have recieved a reversal from *** cards of the charges Crystal Canyon has told me they are going to try and honor a contract based on lies. I am concerned that they will try and re-reverse the charges. I would like the Better Business Buruea assist me in getting confirmation that they have infact authorized the reversal of the charges applied to me especially given that it was charged through false pretense and no service being delivered.

******

Regarding our customers concern of contract dated November 30, 2011. There was an order placed November 30th for water treatment equipment that was to be installed December 12th. We did receive a phone call on December 7th cancelling the install for December 12th based on the homeowner's wishes for a spring install. That is accurate and true. Our customer's right to cancel ended midnight of 12-5-11. So when they called on the 7th push the install, we naturally assumed it was not to cancel the contract since the contract cannot be cancelled at that time. The goal was never to bill for work not done. When our accounting department billed his credit card on December 13th, they did so assuming the original install date of December 12th was completed. Not realizing the install was pushed to spring. We do take responsibility for our accounting department not receiving proper information from our service department. We are prepared to pay the interest charged on the contract amount up until an early spring install. He also mentioned some confusion regarding custom manufactured product. All our orders with the factory are considered just in time delivery. Which means we only order products based on incoming contacts. So, although the product itself is not custom manufactured, it is custom ordered. Based on our contract dated November 30, 2011 and the right to cancel being of midnight of December 5, 2011, we do feel we have a valid contract and look forward to fulfilling our end of the contract hoping our customer upholds their end. We do regret any misunderstanding due to the possibility of a lack of communication but still look forward to servicing him. We are prepared to help him for this inconvenience as best as we can, which could include an additional discount. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with our customer hoping that we can prove to still be the company he originally thought we were when he went into contract with us.

Water Companies - Bottled, Bulk, Water Filtration & Purification Equipment, Water Analysis, Water Treatment Equipment,Service & Supplies, Water Soft & Conditioning Equipment Service & Supplies, Water Coolers - Equipment & Supplies