Farmers Union Oil Company of Alexandria

11/03/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Lack of customer service and accountablility for employee's actions. Employee's unable to determine correct monthly budget amounts.
I have been on the monthly budget plan with this propane company for a few years. The heating season for 2013-2014 budget was $115, by the billing statement dated 02/28/14 they changed my budget to $325 monthly. I attempted to contact them by phone and in person on several occassions, in which, my billing statement dated 05/31/14 changed to $290 monthly. I continued to contact them by phone and in person with no success. I then sent a letter directed to **** (Manager) requesting that they explain how they firgured my budget etc. I did not receive a response. I then walked in and spoke with ***** **** and she signed my notarized letter in which she wrote someone would contact me. Again, I did not receive a response. I received a letter of how much I owed followed with a letter warning me of collections. During this time I did stop payment for 2 months, waiting for someone to contact me (June & July 2014). After various phone calls to other propane companied, all were able to explain how a budget is correctly figured, I switched companies. To do this I had to take out a personal unsecured loan. I then contacted this company to let them know they could get their tank and finally ****** answered the phone. I questioned her regarding all my complaints, in which she could not explain, she was argumentive and lied about responding to me, etc. At the end of the conversation she did admit that she was wrong but there was nothing she could do about it. That next week, they sent my remaining balance to Alexandria Collections, even though I have been making payments on it. This is unbelievable what I have been through with this company. I am personaly offended, financially stressed, facing this to be on my credit - when my credit has been at its highest. I want this company to be accountable, especially those who are running it.
To show how this is determined:
I used 890 gallons of propane in the heating season. They are to take total gallons used times the contract price and divide by the heating months. At most, my monthly budget should have been $180 (that was using an average). Technically this year it should have been $168.21. This company determining my budget at $325 and even $290 is grossly incorrect and unrealistic. I do not beleive ****** should continue doing this job, with fear of how many other people she is doing this to. I want this remaining balance out of collections due to their hardship they have created to me with no negative action to my credit. I am hopeful that the Minnesota Attorney General will help assistance with my requests as well.

Disciplinary action for those involved.
Accountability to those in charge of this company.
My remaining balance to be taken out of collections with no negative action.
Ensure this does not and has not happen to other people.

Last fall, *** ***** wanted to be on budget pay with us. We looked at prior history to get an approximate figure on the gallons she had used before. We do offer a contract program that lets the customer lock in a set price for the heating season. She chose not to do that. at the time she set up her budget, propane was selling for $1.50 per gallon. We estimated propane would be around $1.75 during the heating season. That is how we determined what her budget payment should be. Last January, propane prices went to all time highs, reaching $5.00 per gallon. Naturally, our estimate of $1.75 was way off. Because of this, we had to raise budget payments for everyone that did not lock in a contract. She states we didn't respond to her. We have sent her at least three statements showing her how many gallons she used, what they cost, and how much she paid. Very simple, and a ten year old should be able to figure it out. I can't help it that prices went sky high last year, and the fact is, she could have contracted her gallons and this would not have happened.Just because she doesn't want to pay for what she used, doesn't mean this bill is going away. She has refused to look at the statements we send and just keeps denying she owes it. The credit bureau will be in charge of collecting this account, because she refuses to be responsible in dealing with us.

02/12/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

After checking our propane fuel tank (which read 7% full) we ordered 100 gallons of fuel. Our fuel tank will hold 400 gallons of fuel to read full. Shortly after delivery of the fuel we noticed on the receipt written that prior to fueling the tank was at only at 5% full (not 7% ?) so after adding the 100 gallons of fuel the new percent was entered at 25% full but when we went out to double check, the tank was only at 22% full. We talked to the gas company and they gave me some gobbledygook nonsense about the gauge could have stuck or it could be the temperature of the fuel at the time but there's almost always a difference in the percent. What??!! We don't think we're getting what we paid for and we haven't been satisfied as to what happened to the missing percent(s). This is not the first time we've noticed these discrepancies.

refund on the difference. We need to know we are not being short changed.

Tire Dealers, Convenience Stores, Auto Air Conditioning, Alternators & Generators - Auto Repair, Auto Diagnostic Service, Auto Electric Service, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Repair & Service - Diesel, Auto Repairing - Foreign, Auto Repair - Steering & Suspension, Auto Repair - Tune-Up, Auto Repair - Power Steering, Wheel Alignment, Frame & Axle Service - Auto, Auto Lube & Oil - Mobile, Auto Boosting Services