In Minnesota and North Dakota

BBB Accredited Business since 09/26/2008

Apres Party & Tent Rental

07/26/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

Complaint: SERVICES NOT FULLY RENDERED REFUND IS BEING REQUESTED.
THE APRES SET UP CREW PUT MY STAFF BEHIND A MINIMUM OF 2 HOURS FOR THE RUNWAY SHOW I HOSTED ON JUNE 30TH. AS THEY DID NOT HAVE ALL MATERIAL TO SET UP THE BACK ROOM WIH THE AGREED PIPE AND DRAPE, WHEN I ARRIVED AT THE VENUE THEY WERE ACTUALLY SETTING UP CHAIRS IN THE "BACKROOM" WHERE ALL LARGE DRAPING WAS TO BE SET UP. AND WHERE MODELS, STAFF WERE TO DRESS APPLY MAKE UP ETC.. I THEN DIRECTED THEM TO THE CORRECT SET UP AREA FOR CHAIRS. WHICH HAD BEEN DISCUSSED WITH APRES PRIOR TO DEPOSIT AND FULL PAYMENT.IT WAS DIAGRAMMED FOR MY SELF SO I WOULD ASSUME THE APRES RENTAL STAFF WOULD HAVE THIS AS WELL. WHEN IN FACT I THEN HAD TO DIRECT THEM IN DOING THIS TASK AS THEY TOOK IT UPON THEMSELVES TO SET UP CHAIRS AS THEY SAW FIT. WHEN THE CORRECT DRAPING FINALLY ARRIVED THEY THEN SET UP THE BACK ROOM HOURS AFTER SCHEDULED TIME. I HAD A STAFF MEMBER CONTACT APRES RENTALS'S EMERGENCY PHONE LINE FOR ASSISTANCE BECAUSE THE STAFF DID NOT DRAPE THE A HUGE ENTRANCE DOOR FOR MY MODELS TO MAKE THERE ENTRANCE ONTO RUNWAY. IM STILL AWAITING A PHONE CALL AS NO ONE RETURNED THE CALL. I HAD TO FIND ALTERNATIVE DRAPING BECAUSE APRES RENTAL DID NOT FULFILL THERE JOB ORDER.

In response to this complaint, I would like to tell you my conversation with ****** *******. I called him a few days after the actual event to discuss some issues he was not happy with. We had a cordial conversation regarding some of the issues that occurred and I told him I would discuss it further with ****** **********, his sales associate here at Apres. He told me that some of the pipe and drape was not installed. He further discussed that some of the chairs were not set up in the correct locations. He also stated that some pipe and drape had fallen down and it did not cause any damage or injury. He said that was a non-issue with the pipe and drape falling. I told him I would get back to him after my meeting with ****** and he was fine with that.

I met with ****** and she discussed in detail what exactly happened. There was an item that was not delivered. It was 10ft of black pipe and drape with a rental price of $50.00. This is the only item that we did not deliver per our contract. I further was told that we did not set up the chairs in the correct location and that ****** instructed our staff to move the chairs to the correct locations which we did.

In an effort to show our good faith for these errors, I will credit his credit card for the total labor charges in the amount of $170.00 along with the $50.00 pipe and drape charge. I want to further add that after a discussion with ****** and my delivery staff, I was appalled to hear how my staff was treated and the language that was used. It was uncalled for, unnecessary and completely unprofessional on his part. We were not refuting what he was asking of my staff and we made the necessary changes despite how my staff was being harassed.

In addition, I will issue a credit for an additional $180.00 for inconveniencing his time for the above issues he had to deal with.

In summary, I will credit his credit card in the amount of $400.00. I sincerely hope this will be sufficient to resolve this complaint to everyone's satisfaction. I feel I have been more than generous and accommodating.

*****************

I ACCEPT THE RESPONSE OF APRES PARTY AND TENT RENTAL. I FEEL THEY HAVE AGREED TO A FAIR ACTION ON THIS MATTER.

Tents - Rental, Awnings & Canopies