BBB Accredited Business since 03/07/2011

ProBoardShop Corporation

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

01/28/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

They cancelled my order without notification, would not resolve the issue, Keesha the supervisor was extremely rude and hung up on me.
I ordered a sweatshirt, item #gr3sb09bgr11, with a visa debit card for the total price with express shipping of $31.41 on October 16, 2012. Today October 18, 2012 I went online to track my order. It told me my order number (c336606) didn't match records. I called and was told by a customer service representative named Lia, who also refused to give me her last name, that my order was cancelled by a man named Andy. In my email confirmation it clearly states I would be contacted by phone or email if there were any issues. They did not try to contact me in any way. The reason they cancelled my order is because the item was not in stock, yet it was in stock when I placed my order. So they sold my sweatshirt to someone else after I had placed my order. They did not contact me to tell me, did not give me a chance to simply order a different item. I should have received my sweatshirt by tomorrow or the next day the latest and it is very cold and I do not own another sweatshirt. I asked for a supervisor and I was told they were going to a meeting and could not be reached. Lia told me to just place another order. I come to find out they cancelled my order but did not return the payment. So now I can't even place another order. I called back and immediately requested a supervisor. Somehow the supervisor Keesha whom I was just told had just left for a meeting ten minutes before answers the phone. She is rude to me right from the start and proceeds to tell me that Andy who cancelled my order is supposed to contact me before cancelling my order, which he did not make an attempt to do. I tell her that they also did not return my funds and she claims it should have been returned two days before when they cancelled the order. I proceed to tell her how I was lied to about her meeting and she claims she wasn't available ten minutes ago yet I was just told she wouldn't be back for at least one hour. I also proceed to tell her that my order should have arrived tomorrow October 19, 2012 and if I reorder it today it wont be here until sometime next week. Keesha tells me that she cannot authorize a discount or authorize earlier shipping or do anything at all for me, even though she is supposedly a supervisor. She tells me I will have to take my issue up with Andy who will not be in until 12 p.m. central time which is 1 p.m. my time. I asked to speak to whoever oversees her or is above her and she tells me that there is no such person. I told her there has to be someone I can speak with because this is ridiculous that I continue to be lied to and she has not done anything to assist me and has been nothing but rude to me. While I am speaking she proceeds to hang up on me. I can't find the number to corporate or someone above this supposed supervisor anywhere online. I am extremely unsatisfied with my service as well as the customer service representative Lia and the supposed supervisor named Keesha. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back posted clearly on their site, yet my funds have still not been returned and everyone I have spoken to made no attempt to fix my issues.

All I ask is for my funds returned, and my new order to be taken and shipped to me free of charge so that I will receive it by tomorrow October 19, 2012 or Saturday October 20, 2012. I paid for express shipping and ordered an item that was in stock, and they rudely sold it after I had already purchased it and cancelled my order without notice.

business response is attached

09/03/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

They charged me $99 for an item I did not wish to receive.
Purchased a Sapient Capa 2X BMX Bike Black Lightning 20" from this company on December 26, 2012 for $118.90. Upon receiving the item I called their customer service to Report the bike i received was pink and not black like I ordered. They proceeded to say they would send another bike out that would take a week to arrive. I needed the bike for transportation which i told to the customer service lady. She said she couldn't express ship it but that i could talk to her manager. After trying to reach the manager several times i told the woman i would call back later and that i did not want their replacement bike because i needed one for that weekend. On January second I get an email saying they had sent out another bike to my location an i would have to take the bike back to a fedex location and have it sent out. I had no capabilities to return this item and i told them that i had never asked for the replacement in the first place. Oh and i forgot to mention BOTH items showed up having factory defects. The second bike that arrived had a broken pair of brakes hanging from a wire.

Eventually i noticed i had been charged $99 on may 10th 2013. I have no idea how they think this ok, when i clearly never agreed to send any item back in exchange for another item. They Sent an item on their own account with out any verbal or written agreement between us.

I would like a full refund of both "purchases" because the first bike received was broken before the second bike arrived.

Our records show ******* ******* ordered a Sapient Capa 2 X Men's BMX bike color black lightning from our company on 12/26/12. This order was processed and shipped 12/27/12. We received a phone call from the customer on 1/2/13 stating she received a pink bike in error. At that time we informed the customer that we would sent a pre-printed return label and ship the correct color bike free of charge she needed to how return the wrong color bike within 30 days. If she did not return the first bike she would be charged for the second bike. The customer demanded we overnight the second bike, we explained to the her due to the size and weight of the bike, we would not be able overnight it but we would shipped it out right away. The customer requested to speak to the manager and she was transferred to the voicemail of the one of the managers on duty. The customer never stated they didn't want the replacement bike. The replacement order was processed and shipped out on 1/2/13. The replacement bike shipped out and was signed for by the customer on 1/5/13 according to tracking number ***************. The customer never contacted us to state she didn't want the bike. Since we sent the customer a pre-paid label to return the bike, we gave her 30 days to return the wrong color bike. We sent the customer a two letters stating we needed her to return the wrong color bike and never received a response. On 5/8/13 we charged the customer for the extra bike that was sent since the customer wouldn't response to our request to return the original bike sent in error.

when I contacted your business about the wrong bike that i received I informed the customer service person that I did NOT want to have another bike sent because I required the bike for transportation. I had already open and used the first item I received and did not request to have the bike sent. I would like to hear the full recording of my interaction with your employee because at the end i was unsatisfied with her offer to resend another bike and refused her offer. Your employee was unable to contact a manager when i requested it to resolve the issue properly so I decided I didn't want anymore dealings with your company that's why I said i did not want a replacement bike sent.

02/22/2013Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Made an order that was to be sent 3 day air but it was never shipped.
I ordered a snowboard and boots that my daughter needed 5 days later so I paid for 3 day air upon checkout. On the day the snowboard should have arrived I called to find out if I could get a tracking number. I was then told that my order had been over looked and my order had not yet shipped. I was refunded my shipping and told the order would ship out the following day. The following day I received an email stating that my payment could not be found. I then called customer service and asked why I received an email when my payment was made with paypal and was confirmed 5 days prior. She then told me that right after the email was sent out my payment was found. I then asked if the snowboard had shipped and she said not until Monday. I have left a message with the manager who will not return my call. It has now been a week and one missed ski club trip with no customer service support. Very dissapppointed in www.proboardshop.com

I would like a free 2 day shipping so my daughter wont miss her next ski club meeting. A discount would be appreciated.

Customer placed an order with Proboardshop on 1/21/2013. We offer a wide variety of payment options and this customer selected Pay Pal. At the time of the order we were not able to locate the customer's payment since the payment was sent to us via a third party (Pay Pal). We emailed the customer to let her know we were not able to locate the payment. That same day we were able to locate the payment by expanding our search. After receiving our email stating no payment was received, the customer contacted us and we explained that we had located the payment and we would get the order shipped out right away and upgrade the shipping at no additional cost to the customer. At that point the customer was upset and demanded to speak to a supervisor. We explained to the customer a supervisor wasn't available but that they would return the call within 24 hours. Customer demanded a refund for the expedited shipping and of course we processed that right away. The customer then called us and requested we cancel the order since the supervisor wouldn't call her back the same day. We processed the customer's request and the order was canceled. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the PayPal system in this case.

This company is a fraud with almost nothing they said in their response being true. First off my order was placed on 1/20/13 using pay pal which is one of the payment options on their website. I have used pay pal several times in the past and have never had this experience. Remove pay pal as an option if you can't figure it out! It is an out right lie that they emailed me to let me know that they could not locate payment. I first contacted them on Jan 24th to find out when I should expect the snowboard that was ordered on the 20th with 3 day shipping. At this time I was told how sorry they were but that they had "misplaced my order". At this point I was pretty upset and was told that they would send my order express mail(which they offer everyone free). I let the customer service rep. know that that would be fine as long as I received it by my daughters next snowboarding trip seeing as how she was already going to miss the first one. The next morning I received an email stating that they could not find my payment. My payment was processed 5 days prior and that was confirmed by the gentleman that I spoke with on my first call. I then called at this point and asked to speak with a manager. I was not told the manager was not in so I called 3 times and finally left a message. I then was told later that day that the manager would not be back until Sunday 1/27/13. Then after going the entire weekend without my order being shipped and no return phone calls I went ahead and cancelled my order. I then proceeded to order a snowboard from www.the-house.com which is actually the same company as www.proboardshop.com. I did not realize that I was ordering from the same company or I would have found a different company all together. After I had already placed my order with www.the-house.com I was then contacted by the manager who apologized and told me he would refund my 3 day shipping that was paid to www.the-house.com due to all the inconvenience. I was feeling much better about the company at this time seeing as how they were trying to make things right. I then received the snowboard in the mail and when I opened it up they shipped me mens boots and I ordered kids size 4 boots. I took pictures of the boots and order slip before I shipped the boots back to the company. To this day I still have not received the refund that I was promised by the manager. I have pictures of the boots and packing slips and all emails including Pay pal statements showing my completed payments from 1/20/13. I also talked to pay pal and was told the error is on the company's part not on Pay pals. This company operates under many names 3 of which are www.proboardshop.com, www.the-house.com, and www.trusnow.com. All of these websites are ran under the same company with the same manager. They should all be listed together on bbb so people are well informed. I was placed on hold so many times with this company that I ran out of minutes on my cell phone. It will be my last time shopping with this company and I hope others will know that if they appreciate good customer service that they will not buy from this company. If their is further need for proof of emails, transaction dates, pictures or phone records please let me know. I do not believe this company or any of it's website affiliates deserve a good bbb rating. Pay pal is awesome and clearly the person responding is trying to blame pay pal for their mistakes. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Sporting Goods - Retail