BBB Accredited Business since 07/10/2013

Black Jacks Sealcoating

09/26/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Was told on phone when scheduled service I would pay $129.00 for sealcoating. On date sealcoating was received total I was to pay $149.00.
I called Blackjacks Sealcoating talked with ***** about receiving a quote on sealcoating a 3 car driveway. Was told it is $149.00 but will come out and give a quote. I asked if I got my neighbor next door to have it done too would I receive anything off the price. ***** said yes, $20.00. I received quote on Thursday 9/11/14(I believe)in mailbox. I discuss with my neighbor over the weekend and he said yes. I told my neighbor I would call Black Jacks on Monday September 15,2014. I called Black Jacks Monday morning and talked with ***** saying my neighbor and I were interested in getting our driveways seal coated. I said to ***** that my quote say $149.00 did that include the discount for getting my neighbor to do his driveway also. Told that my driveway cost would be $129.00 and my neighbors driveway would be $140.00 because his was a little different then mine. I said ok then we will schedule, but we would like a 1 day notice so we could move cars out of garage etc. I made sure ***** had both of our phone numbers. ***** said he would call the night before he came out, that he could do it Wednesday 9/17/2014 or Thursday 9/18/2014 but definitely by Friday 9/19/2014 depending on weather. I said ok. Received an e-mail from neighbor on Tuesday 9/16/2014 saying the guy (*****) wanted to do Tuesday but we can't but can do Wednesday 9/17/2014 can we be ready. My wife answered our neighbor back saying yes. We wondered why we didn't receive a call from ***** as I was the one to scheduled the service. No big deal. ***** did the Sealcoating of both driveways Wednesday 9/17/2014, I was home and watched him sealcoat the driveway. When ***** completed the job he said the cost would be $149.00. I went into my wife and asked for the quote, I took it out to show ***** as it was different from what he said in our phone conversation on Monday 9/15,2014. He said the quote was written by his girlfriend and our driveway not our neighbors needed 3 times the amount of filler. When I questioned him that our quote clearly said no charge no extra crack filler and that he quoted me on the phone $129.00 he just said it was $149.00 and that it was really $169.00 originally and received $20.00 off now $149.00. I came into the house and had my wife write out check for $149.00 as I didn't want a confrontation. I gave ***** the check in return he gave me a flyer. Later looking at flyer it clearly states Standard 3 car driveway $149.00 no mention of any extra charges what so ever and to ask about Group discounts and referral offers. My neighbor did pay the quote price of $140.00 which was quoted to me per phone conversation on Monday 9/15/2014, but I did not pay the price I was quoted of $129.00 in that same conversation. I was overcharged $20.00. Not my problem that *****'s girlfriend did not do the quote properly.

I would like ***** of Black Jacks Sealcoating to honor his quote of $129.00 per our phone conversation on Monday 9/15/2014 and refund me a valid check for $20.00.
Change his flyer to state extra charges may apply?
Just a suggestion.

Yes it's.true Blackjacks did tell *** we could do his driveway for as low 129.00 needed address for free quote
Look ah driveway quoted it ah 149.00 in writing
Never the less refunded him 20.00 on 9-24-14
Thanks Blackjacks Sealcoating

Seal Coating, Snow Removal Service - Commercial, Snow Removal Service, Driveway Installation, Paving & Repair