Herzing University

04/27/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was told that since I had financial aid school is paid for. Found out that I owed $11,000 in college tuition that I did not know about ahead of time
I signed up for Herzing University in Feb 2013. I was told by the financial adviser (*********** I think his name was) that since I was approved for financial aid, school would be paid for as long as I graduate. The whole time I was taking classes, I never received a call or anything about any student loans that we taken out under my name. When I called the school to talk about my problem, the guy basically told me that I was out of luck and that he was sorry that I was incorrectly informed. I think schools should have to have some type of actual written signature from the student for permission to be able to take out student loans under their name. I understand that I signed the promissory note, but that was before I applied for financial aid. I was told that the note was only in case I did not get approved. I am just upset that I have to pay an $11,000 student loan that was not correctly communicated between student and school.

The only thing I am looking for is help. I am a single mother working a full-time job and I just had to get insurance. I can not afford this loan. If I would have known from the beginning that I would have this outstanding loan when I graduated then I would have picked other means of school. I know that getting the loan wiped completely out is probably impossible so I would like to talk about what else is possible. If it ends up to where I have to pay it, then fine, I will just tell everyone that is wanted to go to school to not attend Herzing University.

Schools - Academic - Colleges & Universities, Career & Outplacement Counseling, Graphic Designers, Occupational Health - Nursing Services, Insurance - Medicare Services, Health & Medical - General, Health Care - Placement, Management Training, Employment Training, Computers - Training, Schools - Business & Vocational, Schools - General Interest, Nurses Schools, Schools - Academic - College Preparatory, Schools - Academic - Special Education