BBB Accredited Business since 04/16/2012

All Sons Exteriors, Inc.

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

06/16/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Our complaint is not just with our contract agreement but also with customer service, billing and follow through on services and issues - many issues.
On 01/23/14 we received an email with a Detail Sheet/Invoice from All Sons' Exteriors, Inc. (ASE) for our roofing job done in 9/2013; 5-months from the completion of our roofing job. The roof was replaced due to storm damage. The invoice was for the full amount of our roofing job and did not account for our down payment of $4700. ASE did not send our insurance adjust a final billing until 3/14 with the correct billing amount for final payment. In July thru early August we made numerous calls to see when you were going to start our roof job. We were given excuses, i.e. - busy, hadn't settled with insurance company, busy with area storm damage etc. On 7/24/2013, we received a check from our insurance company for the initial payment on our roof, in the amount of $4,703.71. From late July to Sept 18 no one from ASE had bothered to discuss shingle colors or bring us samples. On 9/18/2013, we received a call from ASE that they were going to start our roofing job the next day...we had to inform them that they were not as we hadn't even picked out shingles. It was at that time we informed ASE that in mid-August I lost my job & could no longer afford the roofing job. It was on that phone conversation on 9/18/2013 that ASE had promised to complete our roofing job for the insurance settlement agreement ONLY. ASE brought samples on 9/18/14 & we picked out our shingles, paid the $4700 down payment. It was with a phone call agreement that ASE could begin our roofing job on Friday, 9/20/2013 when we returned from a trip out of state. We arrived home on 9/19/2013 to a mess in our yard & perimeter of our home & roofers on our house - not the start date we had agree on! A dumpster was delivered with no warning & placed such that we couldn't remove the vehicle in the stall. The dumpster had scrapped our stained driveway which was never addressed. Roofing items were dropped off in our driveway with no warning. Workers did not seem to understand English and our concerns. We were never informed of the mess that would be created around the perimeter of our home, i.e. nails and debris were scattered so that we could not let our dog out. Old shingles dropped everywhere including on our drive upside down, leaving tar on our driveway. Shrubs and plants around our yard were trampled & covered in debris. Our shingle job was completed into the evening hours/dusk & therefore impossible to inspect the work. It took several calls to get a portion of the roof looked at & repaired. We were to get a portion of the money back for interior repairs from water damage/roof leaking but did not. After many complaint calls to ASE the owner would promise a call back which was typically returned while we were at work promising us resolution that never occurred. We had to contact an attorney on advice on settling the bill as ASE tried to get us on the deductible of an additional $500 that was not part of our verbal agreement.

We are seeking the $200 that was agree upon for interior water damage repair that was sacrificed for final settlement of account and lien waiver agreement.

We want to ensure that no collections or attempts to collect was placed on our credit. We have a great credit score and had received two internal collection letters from All Sons Exteriors.

ASE is in receipt of your correspondence dated May 28 concerning Complaint #********. ASE was very surprised to receive notice of this Complaint. ASE and the homeowners had entered into a contract under which ASE performed construction work on their home. In response to some issues previously raised by the homeowner, ASE and the homeowner ultimately amicably resolved those issues as reflected in a written settlement agreement dated May 9, which predates the current BBB complaint. The homeowners expressly reference the recent Settlement Agreement in their complaint ("We are seeking the $200 that was sacrificed for final settlement of account and lien waiver agreement"). ASE negotiated the settlement agreement with the homeowners in good faith, and is very troubled by the fact that the homeowners turned around and filed a complaint with your office seeking $200 for issues resolved under the recent agreement.

ASE requests that the BBB contact the homeowner to confirm that (1) the issues raised in their complaint were amicably resolved by the May 9 Settlement Agreement, and (2) the complaint with your office should be withdrawn and should not be reflected on ASE's BBB record.

ASE puts tremendous value on its reputation and its record with the BBB. ASE remains committed to being responsive to customer complaints, and to addressing all disputes quickly, professionally and in good faith. ASE understood that it had resolved the current dispute when ASE and the homeowners entered into their recent, written agreement. If the homeowners will not respond to the BBB, we invite the homeowners to contact ASE directly.

12/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Issues with siding and trim still not fixed after months of asking.
We closed on our house May 24th 2013 prior to closing I let our builders know; Metro Classic Homes that there are issues with our siding in regards to bubbling and also trim around our garage was not flat. I was told this would be fixed but it never was. At closing it was discussed this still an open issue but they stated it would be fixed within 30days after our closing. I finally was able to directly contact All Sons' Exteriors, Inc. and they stated in July that they would come out in August to asses it and fix it. As you can see this did not happen. With a handful of emails back and forth along with some phone calls this issue is still unresolved. We deserve a home that was properly finished. We are now in the month of October there has been plenty of time to resolve this issue. I sent an email on 10/8/13 asking for an update and received nothing.
Now we noticed our trim around our windows is popping out, go figure.

I want my siding issues fixed.

To: Better Business Bureau Complaints Department:
Case: ********

In response to the complaint from ***** *********, ****************** Lakeville, MN 55044.

All Sons' Exteriors, Inc. was hired as a subcontractor to install siding on this new construction home. We have been communicating with Ms. ********** by telephone and by email and also contacted Mr. ********** by telephone. We have kept all communication with both of the homeowners. We have assessed her house in regards to the issues she mentioned in her complaint, as a subcontractor we have contacted the General Contractor to discuss her home and what actions need to take place. This information was communicated last week and the General Contractor will be in contact with her on next steps. This is not a valid complaint.

This complaint is valid as I have been getting the run around from both the builder and All Son's Exteriors, Inc. I have copied pasted some of emails where you can specifically see the issues that I am talking about. No one is taking action in this matter. This has been ongoing since May 2013. (**** and *** is the builder)

to ****, ag**********
There seems to be rippling/bubbling in the siding on the Livingroom master bedroom side. I see three spots that you can see when you drive by.
**** ****** <****@*****************.com>
to me, ag**********
Hello *****
I had noticed that the other day also..........the siders will take care of it when they come back to install the shake......they had over nailed it in a few spots
****

to ****, ag**********

They installed the shakes today and looks like they finished and I do not believe they fixed it but I can double check.
**** ****** <****@*****************.com>

to me

No they didn't fix it yet....they will be back tomorrow to finish up and fix the nailing issue.
****

From there I had the builder try and get something going. I always stated they need to contact us first before just showing up. They showed up right after we had our final grade done and it recently rained. We said this was not a good time and they need to call before coming. I would have told them not to come if they had called which we always requested. This is the email response I have from the builder.
*** ****** <***@*****************.com>
Jul 1

to ****, me, allsonsexterio.

I think it will be easier if you set the appointment up with the siding company.

Here we are communicating with the sub-contractor and here are a few of these emails. They go from we assessed your home to we are scheduling something soon. After I threatened to contact you guys and my lawyer they decided to finally get ahold of us again. They called my husband and all they said was they will be calling him the next day to set something up. Did they call the next day? NO. I asked to see where we were at and no response hence why I contacted the BBB. As you can see this is VALID.

Aug 26

Hi *****,
We have assessed your home and we are working on a schedule to complete, I will be contacting you within the week.
Sep 30 (10 days ago)

to *****, ****

I have sent multiple emails and called you this past Friday, September 27th and we have not heard back from you. I am taking this as you do not want to finish the work that was not correctly completed the first time around. If that is the case we will be contacting the BBB and also our lawyer if we do not get a response from you by 10:00am on Tuesday October 1st 2013.

Sep 30 (10 days ago)

Hi *****,

Thank you for your email. We are scheduling your house into the crews schedule, I will contact you by phone by end of day today with the tentative date. My cell phone is ************ and the office is ************.

Best regards,

Oct 1 (9 days ago)

Hi *****,
Thank you for your email, we called the number on the service order from ***********. We are communicating with **** ****** on coordinating the schedule for your home. We appreciate your patience.
Best, *****

***** <*****.**********@gmail.com>
Oct 1 (9 days ago)

to *****, ****

We would like this done as soon as possible and kept in loop of what is going on. What I am confused about is why this was not scheduled when we were told it was over a month ago. I am also confused on why **** is involved. We were told by *** to communicate with you which we have but we keep going back to the beginning on scheduling. This should not be taking this long. We closed in May and made the builders aware of our concerns about the siding before then

Oct 8 (2 days ago)

to *****, ****

It has been a week and we have heard nothing. Can you please update us on what is going on and when our house will be fixed? We have been talking to your company since July and we are now in October. The builders also knew about this issue before we closed in May. There is no reason why this is taking that long.

*****

Now all of a sudden are builder is brought back in when we were told from the builder to talk to the sub-contractor....As you can see it is a run around and nothing is being done as was stated it would be above in the emails.

The siding was installed to industry standards and is performing. On August 28, we scheduled an installer to go to the **********s' for the service order from the builder. ***** ********* asked our crew to leave the property, therefore it would need to be rescheduled, per her request she asked that it be scheduled a month or more later, due to current storms and scheduled work we indicated that we would schedule to assess when we were scheduled in the area. The communication was clear and a response as ***** indicated we kept the communication lines open and responded to all of her emails. We contacted *****'s husband and he thanked us for calling and communicating next steps, however, ***** emailed her disappointment that we contacted her husband and not her pertaining to the next steps. At this time, we need to meet with the General Contractor. As indicated the siding was installed to industry standards.

No one came out on August 28th 2013 **** was home and I was working so there is a lie. Also I never stated to come back out a month due to the storms. ***** stated they were busy back in early July and asked if they could contact us at the end of July to set something up early August and I said that was fine. This item remains open the builder and All Sons Exterior know this issue needs to be taken care of. We had word from the builder it would be taken care of prior to closing and it did not happen (see email from my previous response). We were told by ***** someone was getting schedule to come fix the issue (see emails again from previous response). Like I said this issue is still unresolved.

I have copies of all the emails that was sent to the builder prior to closing and after about our siding, which the builder said he would get it taken care of. Now after closing I have a copy of the email the builder telling us we need to set this up with All Sons Exterior (yet again in my previous response)

We stated again BEFORE closing this needed to be addressed and fixed. You can see obvious waving in our siding and around our garage. It is All Sons Exteriors responsibility to get this fixed. I would like to also mention another person who built with ******************* is having issues with their siding but will be putting that in their 1yr punch list. All Sons Exteriors is not doing a good job.

All Sons Exteriors installed our siding NOT the builder so All Sons Exteriors needs to come out to fix this NOW. Again the builder is aware of the issue and has stated before that this would be fixed.

This is really getting old, the run around, this needs to be fixed ASAP. We will not wait any longer for more lies that are being fed.
If thinks continues on with no results we will be seeking legal council.

All emails pertaining to this issue has been emailed to *********** in attachments. It covers emails from the builder and myself and also All Sons Exteriors and myself. Those emails back up what I am saying and can prove the statements All Sons Exterior are making are false.

In regards to the phone call that was made, my husband was called the day after I emailed ***** stating if I do not hear back I would come to you guys and/or my lawyer. Her co-worker called my husband and all that was said is he is talking to **** and that **** would get called the next day with what were the next steps. Did that other phone call happen? NO. There is no communication between us other than a run around of this and that. One minute its being scheduled the next they need to consult with the builder. They put up the product and its defective even the builder noticed it and stated it would be fixed. Here we are almost 6 months later and nothing has been done.

I have attached emails that corresponds with our issue to point the fact we are getting the run around and the builder was well aware there was an issue.
The one time they came out was right after it rained and our yard just had its final grade (back in June). We had no clue they were scheduled. If they would have called we would have make the appt anther day. That next week we were getting sod and did not want divots in our ground. I have told the builders a handful of times people need to call prior to just showing up.
As you can see this has been going on prior to closing back in May and now its October almost November this is unacceptable.

We will meet ***** at arbitration, please contact us for next steps. **** ********** has contacted the builder of their home to request the we schedule the service work at their residence. We are scheduled as requested.

09/21/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Shotty workmanship. Incapable and unwilling to do a quality job. Only doing bare minimum to pass inspection. ELECTRICAL SHOCK HARARD PRESENT!
Open to atmosphere weather tight electrical enclosures. Shock Hazard. Siding is not level. Incorrect and poorly installed siding trim. Siding falling off because in was not properly nailed. Window finishing different on every window. Poor appearance. Roof work is not complete. Area of house was never touched/replaced or used materials were installed.
Many call backs to correct. They did show up with sub that I told them could not return however they sent the same sub that is not competant and cannot correct the issues. The sub actually accused me of causing the issues/removing materials and proceeded to blame All Sons for providing the incorrect materals and poor work direction. NOT MY PROBLEM!!!!

I need the electrical shock hazard eliminated immediatly! I want a quality job matching the siding system and appearance that was on this house prior to their tear off. This is what I asked for and what I was told I would get. I do not settle for appearance issues visable to the entire neighborhood - Front and back. No confidence the the siding is properly secured to the house.

This e-mail is in response to your letter dated September 10th regarding **************r Case #57234923. We responded directly to our customer and reached a resolution and satisfied the homeowner. Mr. ******* indicated that he removed his complaint from the BBB and that it was closed. We appreciate your follow through, please advise if the case has been dismissed.

Thank you.

Best regards,
**************

House siding was reworked and is much better. Contractor is following through on the action items they stated they would correct.

02/05/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

They provided a service to file a claim against Certainteed - defective shingles. Didn't follow thru with process. But when the monies were released
Certainteed paid out for labor- 10,500. they demanded 3000 for their services. They were unable to complete the job. Lack of knowledge. I wanted all of the proceeds, and held the entire amount until they recieved 3000 for their services- Unable to complete the project now.

The entire amount that they took 3000.00

All Sons' Exteriors, Inc. is in receipt of your correspondence dated January 16 concerning Complaint #********. All Sons' Exteriors, Inc. was very surprised to receive notice of this complaint. Beginning November 2012, at the homeowner request that ASE diligently pursue and submit a claim to CertainTeed for a defective shingle on the homeowners house. The homeowner indicated that there was granular loss each year. Please note: ASE did not originally install then homeowners roof. We began the claim process with CertainTeed on behalf on the homeowner for a full roof replacement. In July 2013, CertainTeed accepted the claim for the homeowner and sent a check to ASE to perform labor in the amount of $10,564.00. The homeowner withdrew from his agreement and decided he wanted the monies in full. ASE had worked on his behalf at least 9 months and requested to be paid for the claim processes we did on the homeowner request. The homeowner agreed to pay ASE $3000.00 for their services (please see attached letter signed by business and homeowner). Also, please see attached the CertainTeed Roofing agreement.

ASE requests that the BBB contact the homeowner to confirm that (1) the issues raised in their complaint were amicably resolved by September 6, 2013. (2) the complaint with your office should be withdrawn and should not be reflected on ASE's BBB record.

ASE puts tremendous value on its reputation and its record with the BBB. ASE remains committed to being responsive to customer complaints, and to addressing all disputes quickly, professionally, and in good faith. ASE understood that it had resolved the current dispute with ASE and the homeowners entered in their written agreement.

I felt that I had to release the funds to recieve the 7564.00. They were not capable to perform the duties to replace the roofing. But they refused to allocate the monies that were deserved to replace the roofing. I offered 500 for services, but refused. Just a intermediatary. I finished the claim, which they felt was dead. I would drop the claim, if they gave 2500 back to me.

In response to consumer: All Sons' Exteriors, Inc did follow through with the process with CertainTeed therefore the funds were released. We are able to complete the job professionally and precise. however after we had worked on this process for over a year Mr. ***** said he wanted a different contractor. Mr. ***** signed the agreement per previous attachment.

Roofing Contractors, Soffit & Fascia, Snow Removal Service - Roof, Windows, Windows & Doors - Installation & Service, Storm Windows & Doors, Doors - Installation, Doors, Windows - Installation & Service, Remodeling Services, Bathroom Remodeling, Basement - Remodeling, Construction & Remodeling Services, Siding Contractors, Home Improvements - Additions, Home Improvements, Contractors - Gutters, Gutters & Downspouts, Contractor - Remodel & Repair, Basement - Finishing, Basement - Contractors, Contractors - General, Kitchen Remodeling, Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodeling