In Minnesota and North Dakota

Gallagher Bassett Services Inc

8 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

05/29/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services

Complaint: 90 days since my car was struck - no insurunce payment has been made.
On February 27 my unoccupied car was struck by an individual insured through Gallagher Basset. I called the contact information from the other driver's insurance card and after numerous phone calls, was eventually routed to Gallagher Bassett to process the claim. I must say that this has been the most frustrating auto insurance claim ever. it's 90 days later (May 27, 2014) and there is no resolution/payment.

I have had a car hit on other occasions, and this is so much more complicated and slow-moving that it's appalling.

04/22/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support

Complaint: The Claims Adjuster that acknowledged my claim after eight months has not got back in touch with me to update me on the status of my claim.
In August 2013 while running on my mountain bike I fell in a open sewage grate near a Best Buy's property damaging the bicycle.
I reported the accident to the City's Department of Transportation but I was told that the road belongs to Best Buy or to the leasing company. I was told I should report the accident to their customer service.
Best Buy's customer service referred me to Gallagher Bassett Services Inc.
I contacted the Claim adjuster over the phone and I was asked to send pictures of the site where the accident occurred.
After sending the picture the Claim adjuster wrote: "This acknowledges your e-mail and photos. As stated, we need to determine if Best Buy leases or owns the property. If they lease the property we have to review the lease as to who is responsible for the area in question. When we have the information on the property I will advise you of the liability position."
In February 2014, having not received any updates, I wrote back to inquire on the status of my claim. The first time my email was ignored. The second time I received an automatic reply stating that the office was closed, but again no reply.
At the present (April 2014) I still have not received any update on the state of my claim.

The claimant submitted a claim to our office on August 8, 2013 stemming from an incident that occurred in the parking lot on August 8, 2013. The claimant alleged that while he was riding his bike through the parking lot his front tire got stuck in a sewage grate causing damage to his bike. The claimant submitted photos of the grate along with the location of the incident. Our adjuster reviewed the location of the incident and attempted to determine if Best Buy was responsible for the area. The Gallagher Bassett adjuster has determined that the claim will be handled and contacted the claimant today to submit evidence of his damages. Once we hear back from the claimant and secure evidence to support the alleged damages the claim will be resolved.

02/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service

Complaint: The person in which I have been dealing with does not return phone calls. Does not do what they say she is going to do.
The lady that I have been dealing with regarding a claim for another company has not been doing anything to help me out. She says that she would call me back, Never calls back. Says she will email me, NEVER does. I am the one who has to get in contact with her to find out anything and most of the time she does not know anything. She is not doing what she is saying she is going to do. She is not helpful friendly or anything.... The company that she is supposed to be helping me with damaged property of mine while delivering items to my home. I have sent her the papers and pictures of which is needed for my claim but nothing is happing. My floor needs to be fixed. is was only 4 days old when this has happened.

The claimant sustained damage to her home during a 3rd party delivery/installation performed by Pennridge. Upon receipt of the claim on October 29,2013 our adjuster, Maeghan Scherber, tendered the claim to Pennridge. Pennridge accepted our tender and investigated the claim. They came to the conclusion that the claim should be denied as the claimant signed a manifest stating no damage. Pennridge stated they communicated their decision with the claimant. Our adjuster, Maeghan Scherber also informed the claimant on November 22,2013 that Pennridge had denied the claim due to a signed manifest.

Hello. Sorry for such a delayed response. This does have to do with a Best Buy complaint. The Best Buy purchase is under my name but the complaint with Gallagher Bassett is under my husband but with the same number and address. It will be under *** & **************. We have been dealing with a lady by the name of **************** ext # *****. She had given us a claim number as reference. that number is *******************. That is the only number that she gave us. This is in regards to a purchase made at the Best Buy in Cincinnati Ohio 45245. The delivery was made on 10/28/13 the purchase was made on 10/26/13. I hope this helps out.

**************

09/14/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor service estimate or agreement

Complaint: Despite negotiated settlement, company has failed to abide to their own terms of settlement. Continue to ignore my attempts to contact & resolve issue
In April of 2011 I took car to ******** of Lakeland, Fl to have a new stereo installed. Upon completion of work, my entire electrical system was shorted out. Vehicle would not run! Dept manager told me to take to mechanic and have repaired and that I would be reimbursed, Over $4,000 later and nearly a year of being ignored by ********'s insurance provider: Gallagher & Bassett, I finally obtained a written offer of $1,166.57. This offer was made via mail on April 6, 2012. Despite repeated calls and letters to ************, no response has been received. Even though they have promised to pay approximately one third of my loss after nearly a year and a half, they have made no effort to do so & continue to ignore my inquiries.
The Claim # given my loss is:
***************************

The claimant had a stereo installation performed by ******** in Lakeland, FL on April 4, 2011. After the installation the claimant allegedly sustained significant damage to his electrical system in his vehicle and took it to the dealership for repairs. Based on our investigation we determined it was possible that the damages were a result of the installation done by our client, ********. The estimate to repair the damages provided by the dealership exceeded the value of the vehicle, so Gallagher Bassett retained an Independent Adjuster to obtain the Actual Cash Value of the vehicle. In the meantime the claimant, against direction from the dealership and our recommendation, went ahead and repaired his vehicle. The Actual Cash Value of the vehicle was $1,166.57 but Gallagher Bassett has offered the claimant $1,634.57 to resolve his claim. We offered the claimant more than the Actual Cash Value as a good will gesture. Initially the claimant declined our offer but has since reconsidered and accepted it. Gallagher Bassett submitted a settlement release to the claimant on August 20, 2012. Upon receipt of the executed release Gallagher Bassett will issue a settlement check in the amount of $1,634.57 to the claimant. We will be addressing the concerns of a lack of response from Gallagher Bassett claims adjuster ************ immediately and ensure the settlement check is issued timely upon receipt of the release. Should you require additional information please contact me at ************. Thanks.

Recieved your letter updating me on the complaint I filed with you yesterday, 8/27/12. First and foremost, let me say thank you very much for your prompt assistance in this matter.
In regards to rebuttal, while at this point it is probably meaningless, the fact of the matter is that I NEVER declined settlement at the presently agreed upon amount. I did however refuse to accept their first offer of $1,166.57. On 4/6/12, Ms. ****** made a written offer of $1,634.57 which I accepted; faxing a written acceptance to her the same day received. On August 20, 2011, I received a telephone call from Ms. ****** informing me of her desire to settle at the latter dollar amount a.s.a.p.. When I returned her call on the morning of the 21st, her voicemail informed that she is on vacation until September 4. So much for a speedy settlement.
While this may not seem important, the fact remains that this has been Ms. *****'s tactic from the beginning. Make contact late in the day and either not be in the office or unavailable the next for me to contact her. I have no other contact person! It was through my own research that I learned that Gallagher & Bassett was in fact ********. The one who destroys and assures reimbursement is also the one who denies and witholds reimbursement.

Gallagher Bassett has reached a settlement agreement in the amount of $1,634.57 with the claimant. In order to process payment to the claimant Gallagher Bassett requires a executed release. At this time Gallagher Bassett has been in contact with the claimant to determine the most efficient way to send the release to the claimant. Upon receipt of the executed release Gallagher Bassett will issue a settlement check in the amount of $1,634.57 to the claimant. We will be addressing the concerns of a lack of response from Gallagher Bassett claims adjuster ************ immediately and ensure the settlement check is issued timely upon receipt of the release. Should you require additional information please contact me at ************. Thanks.

06/18/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

Complaint: I PURCHASED A FRIDGE THROUGH ********. I HAD IT DELIVERED AND THE WEIGHT OF THE FULL SIZE FRIDGE BROKE MY FRONT DOOR HANDLE (LEVER). THERE IS ALSO 5 DENTS ON THE FRONT OF THE FRIDGE DOOR FROM BEING RUBBED AGAINST THE DOOR HANDLE/LEVER (APPROX 30 HIGH). ******** WAS NOTIFIED AND CONTACTED THERE INSURANCE COMPANY. THIS INSURANCE COMPANY DENIED THE DAMAGE T0 THE FRONT OF THE FRIDGE DOOR AND DAMAGE TO THE DOOR HANDLE/LEVER. REPRESENTATIVE IS VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. THE INSURANCE WOULD NOT EVEN COME OUT TO SEE DAMAGES.

The claimant sustained damage to his door handle after the delivery of a refrigerator. The claimant submitted photographs of the door handle stating the damage occurred during the delivery. The claimant was out of the country at the time of delivery and did not witness this incident. He confirmed that he had no idea how this happened but believed it was due to the delivery performed by ********. The damage was not pointed out to ******** at the time of delivery. In addition, these types of door levers have metal inside rather than plastic making it very difficult to damage in this manner. I have reviewed the file with the adjuster and believe the decision to deny this claim is in order. At this time Gallagher Bassett has denied the claim but would consider any other documentation the claimant would like to submit to support his claim.

05/23/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor service estimate or agreement

Complaint: Breached their agreement to settle this matter amicably and pay for damages as agreed by ******** and the companies involved.
Date: 3/28/2013

***************
************************
*****************
Home:(***)***-****
****************************

Dear Sir/Madam:

Re: Complaint

Please be advised the sole purpose for filing this complaint is to report an issue during the delivery and insulation that took place at my home on October 2, 2012. It ultimately resulted in severe property damage at my residence. The delivery company named **** was hired by ******** to deliver an electric washing machine. The delivery company came out to my residence to setup the unit and connect hoses and turn on and test the washing machine. Unfortunately, the unit began to drain water from the back of the machine, which flooded my home. During this installation the company also damaged the drain pan, carpet and walls which required repair. After contacting ******** in regards to this matter, a claim number was issued #********** to pay for all damages as agreed by the store manager.

Furthermore, after contacting the claims office, they opened up an investigation. After they finished the investigation I was told by Mr. **** ***** of "Gallagher Bassett Service" the unit had damages to the solenoid valve that was caused by the Delivery Company or manufacturer. He stated that I need to call the delivery company to pay for my damages. After contacting both the claim's department and Delivery Company they agreed to pay for my damages. As of today, they have refused to return my calls. The companies involved have breached their agreement to settle this matter amicably and pay for damages. But, instead they have given me the run around. When I called Mr. ******************************* he stated that they will pay for the damages. Not to mention the fact, I have a video recording of what took place at my home during the delivery that resulted in damages to my home and all corresponding letters for your review. I would greatly appreciate your immediate assistance in this matter and look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Respectfully,

Ms. ***************

Gallagher Bassett handles liability claims for ********. *************** contacted our office on October 8, 2012 to report that her newly purchased clothes washer leaked and caused damages to her home. Gallagher Bassett reviewed the claim and our adjuster completed an investigation to determine the facts and to identify all parties involved in the claim. Our adjuster determined that the washer, which was purchased from ********, was delivered by a contracted logistics company named **** Gallagher Bassett has notified ****of the claim and ****has acknowledged the notification. Under the contract that ******** has with ****we expect that ****would investigate the claim and handle the claim based on the merits of liability and damages. Gallagher Bassett will maintain a claim file to monitor ****s handling and to make sure the claimant *************** and ****are in contact with one another. It is our position that ********, our client, was not the cause of the claimant's damages. On behalf of our client, we have completed our investigation and notified the appropriate parties to handle this matter. Gallagher Bassett denies making any offers to the claimant to resolve this matter on behalf of our client ******** as they are no liable for the claimant's damages. We will follow up with ****to ensure they are handling the matter and ask them to contact the claimant to advise of their position.

****can be reached at:
**********************************************************

The companies fail to settle matter amicably and have breached their agreement to pay for my damages. At this point, I am very dissatisfied with this company business. I would give this company a poor score an "F" rating. I do plan on filing suit against the company's involved to pay for my damages. All they have done at this point is use stall tactics to make me go away.

Gallagher Bassett has been cooperating with the consumer in helping her get in touch with the appropriate parties that have allegedly caused the damages to her home. Gallagher Bassett represents ******** in this matter and ******** only sold the product and did not install, deliver, or manufacturer the product that allegedly failed her. Gallagher Bassett has been responsive to the consumer's requests timely and have advised her via telephone and written correspondence of who is involved in her claim and who she needs to contact. Gallagher Bassett has also been in contact with the manufacturer and the delivery company involved to ensure they are aware of the claim being made and are investigating the claim. Gallagher Bassett does not control how the manufacturer or delivery company responds. We would expect the manufacturer and delivery company to handle the claim based on the merits of liability and damages. Gallagher Bassett maintains we have made no offers to the consumer on behalf of ******** to resolve this matter. Gallagher Bassett contends their client, ********, has no liability in this matter. We will continue to work with the consumer to ensure she has been contacted by the manufacturer and the delivery company, to also ensure the manufacturer and delivery company are properly communicating their decisions to the consumer.

***********
****************
******** Account
************

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.

Insurance Companies