BBB Accredited Business since 02/12/2009

Air Comfort Heating & Air Conditioning

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

01/19/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Air comfort representative communicated to me that a filter will be taken out of my heating/cooling system and will be replaced with another filter that will need less maintenance, (To be cleaned out every 6 months in place of monthly). They came in and removed a whole module (equipment), "Trane air cleaner module Clean effect" that I bought from them in May 2014 for $1,115.77. They put in a filter of $27 into my system.When I realized what was done, I called them and ask why plus why was it not communicated to me that they were taken out a whole module. I insisted that I paid for the equipment and they just cannot take it out of my premises, they stated that the equipment will be used to incur their service charge and workmanship. After much argument they agree to bring it back to me but will not reinstall it, which was fine with me, however they turned around and brought back an old module (8 years old) with a different serial and model number, even after I had re-iterated that my actual equipment be brought back. When I called to let them know about the wrong delivery, their manager/receptionist claimed that, that was my equipment as it was checked with the information they have in file before it was sent out. They finally agreed they brought in the wrong equipment after triple verifications and that they will bring my actual one back. I am actually still waiting to get the equipment as at when filling this complaint.
Product_Or_Service: Trane Air cleaner model (clean effect)
Order_Number: *******
Account_Number: *******

I want them to refund my money, since they uninstall the equipment without my consent and it is of no use to me now. They thought that it was what was causing my heat to shut off but they ended up blaming it on maintenance issue.This company totally exhibited a Cornish and unprofessional business performance, I think they should take back their equipment and refund back my money.

On 5/20/2014 We gave **** ************** an estimate on installation of a new furnace that she would be purchasing from Lowes in Coon Rapids . On that day **** agreed to purchase a new furnace, CleanEffects electronic air filtration system, Humidifier, duct cleaning and misc. ductwork from Lowes. Lowes hired us to do the installation of all the equipment.
On 5/21/2014 We Installed all of the above and educated **** on the proper way to maintain her equipment.
Since purchasing the equipment we have received two service calls from **** saying that the furnace and or air conditioner was not working. In both instances we sent out a service tech to diagnose the problem. In both cases it was discovered that her electronic air cleaner had not been cleaned & was restricting the air flow and shutting down the system. Although the equipment was under warranty, the warranty clearly states that lack of maintenance voids the warranty. In both instances we waived the service call fee which we were entitled, due to the problem being lack of maintenance. We did receive a 3rd call from **** stating that her furnace had shut down again. **** also stated that she had a family friend look at furnace and had them repair. She stated that the family member had bypassed the limiter switch which can actually be dangerous and can be a fire hazard. After knowing her history of not maintaining the equipment we suggested to **** that we replace her electronic air cleaner with a new 4" media filter & return ductwork that would be easier for her to maintain. **** agreed to this. We did this at no charge to ****. At that time we removed the CleanEffect air cleaner and brought back to our location. We also at that time repaired the limiter switch at no charge. The reason that we removed the equipment is that this was considered by us to be an exchange. The CleanEffects that we had removed was used and not maintained and was not able to be resold. Next we received a call from **** requesting the CleanEffects be returned to her. We explained to her again that per our earlier conversation that this was an exchange for the Service calls and new filter/return ductwork. She continued to complain so we agreed to return the clean effects to her in the interest of good customer service. However, when we returned the CleanEffects back to her home she called again and told us that the one that had been returned to her was not the same one that had been taken out of her house. After recieving this last call we immediately sent someone to verify this. Our representative did verify that the CleanEffects returned to her was not the original one that she had. After doing some research we discovered that the wrong one had been mistakenly pulled off our shelf and was delivered to her. We immediately brought her out the one that was originally installed and exchanged for the other one. At that time we considered the matter closed.
We are truly sorry that **** feels she had a bad experience. However, we feel we have bent over backwards to satisfy her. We have not charged her any additional fees since the original sale for any of the service calls, any of the newly installed equipment, or any labor. She ended up with new equipment as well as her old equipment. We feel that this is more than enough to satisfy the situation and consider the matter closed.

08/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I contacted Air Comfort Inc for a estimate on a new furnace, and a salesman named ********** came out looked at everything and did some measurements and gave me a price. And offered me duct cleaning for $200 while they were coming out that would be the time to do that. And a week or so latter I called him back and stated I would do it for the amount talked about if he threw in the duct cleaning, we agreed to split the $200 and we set the date to have the work done. They came out put the furnace in the installers did not know anything about and were never told about the duct cleaning so that did not get done. After they were gone I realized they broke florescent grow light tubes and never told me about it, in fact they did a lot of glass cleanup to hide the fact my wife was home and heard them pop and just thought it was part of the job. I called **** and he totally took no responsibility for either of my concerns in fact its as if he to hiding the facts for sloppy workmanship and the customers concerns , and only concerned with a sale and his commission.
Order_Number: **** invoice#

Refund my damaged property and do the duct cleaning as agreed to

On July 17th 2014 we did install a furnace system for **** ****. July 22nd we placed a follow up call to Mr. **** to make sure everything was working ok for him. He did not answer at that time so we left him a voice mail. On or about July 28th Mr. **** called me and stated that we had broken a couple light bulbs during the installation and that the duct cleaning had not been completed. After looking at his original invoice, it became clear that the duct cleaning was not on his paperwork so the installers would not have known to do it. This was a mistake on our part. I had agreed prior to the installation that we would do the duct cleaning for $100 which is approximately half price. When I realized this, I immediately offered to have a technician return to his home and perform the duct cleaning & replace the bulbs that had been broken. I informed Mr. **** that since it was not on his invoice that he had not paid for the duct cleaning that he would still have to pay the $100 that we had originally agreed upon. He stated that he did not want the duct cleaning any longer & not to worry about the bulbs. At this point I believed the matter was resolved and that Mr. **** was satisfied. On July 29th Mr **** filed the complaint with the Better Business Bureau. After receiving the complaint, I immediately contacted Mr. **** and offered again to do the duct cleaning and replace the bulbs. On August 4th we went out to Mr. ****'s home and replaced the light bulbs for him. Mr. **** had decided not to do the duct cleaning at this time and would rather wait until fall. When Mr. **** decides he would like to move forward with the duct cleaning, we will honor the 1/2 price that we had originally discussed.

Heating & Air Conditioning, Humidifying Apparatus, Ventilating Systems - Cleaning, Duct Cleaning, Filters Air & Gas Cleaning, Filtering Materials & Supplies, Heating Contractors, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems