BBB Accredited Business since 11/11/2009

Allen Anderson, Inc.

10/17/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Allen Anderson,Inc. installed roof in 2008. Numerous raised shingles due to improper length nails used. Claimed shingles to be defective. Sloppy job.
Allen Anderson,Inc. ("AA") installed roof in 2008. Numerous raised shingles due to length of nails used being too short/failure to properly nail shingles to roof. Roof leaks along a rafter and likely around a vent due to apparent lack of ice shield around said roof vent. AA Representative came to home in summer 2013 after I called and complained about the raised shingles - AA representative claimed to be a master roofer and claimed he installed the roof. Said individual was unable to adequantely explain why shingles raised. Said individual was very unprofessional, defensive, and used foul language. AA concluded that raised shingles were the result of the shingles themselves being defective, incredibly. Had AA offered to fix shingles under warranty I would have declined due to AA's reputation for sloppy roof work. Further, employees of AA dealt with were incredibly unprofessional. Having a reputable roofing company fix the roof this fall at an approximate cost of $800.

$800 refund due to sloppy install and poor quality workmanship. Roof was replaced in connection with hail damage - roofing companies known to put on roofs as fast as possible during these times to capture more work.

We are very surprised to hear this; we would like to ask for documentation from Mr. *******'s contractor of choice.
To aid us in validating this claim to our roofing contractor who did this roof, they and their insurance carrier will also will also want to look at the roof to validate the claim first hand. Once the claim has been validated by these 3rd party qualified inspectors we are happy to issue the refund as requested.

Before I close this case, I want to confirm that a check in the amount of $800.00 will be issued to me as soon as I close this case to my satisfaction. AA to confirm by responding to this complaint thread.

Also, given my name was misspelled in every correspondence with AA during this process I want to make sure the check will be payable to the correct individual:
*******************

Use address as indicated in original complaint.

Once I receive confirmation of the above I will close this case to my satisfaction.

Thank you for your response; in our desire to resolve the complaint with******************* we will honor the requested settlement of $800. Upon receipt of acceptance of this conclusion, a check will be mailed to*******************.

Garage Doors & Openers, Garage Door Repair, Door & Gate Operating Devices, Siding Contractors, Roofing Contractors, Gutters & Downspouts, Contractors - General, Concrete Contractors