BBB Accredited Business since 10/18/1978

Lindstrom Cleaning & Construction

08/31/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

A fire occurred at Meadow Creek Condominiums the evening of 12.19.2011. The fire caused major smoke, water, and fire damage to 8 units.
Lindstrom has completed subpar work and made poor if any recommendations for the work required. To date we are 231 days from the fire and I am still unable to keep a simple t-shirt in my unit without it picking up smoke odor.

I cleaned out my unit as requested by 12.27.2012 for restoration to begin. From that point on I have had to continually monitor and request rework or additional rework.

Lindstrom has yet to replace the two bedroom screens and living room storm window that were damaged during the fire. They have also yet to resolve the odor issues in my department.

I was advised the unit was ready. After review I found multiple surfaces within the unit that were not wiped down completely. After rework I was advised it was complete. I had painters come in. My painters complained of going home and smelling of smoke so strong that their wives clearly noticed it. After additional work I had carpet installed. After additional work I replaced the appliances due to the poor cleaning Lindstrom performed. They clearly only wiped down the exterior of the units. I still have the supposedly cleaned microwave sitting in my garage that smells like smoke.

To date I have had to have Lindstrom come back to fix the door they removed and replaced. I was unable to deadbolt the door after their work.

I had to remove screws from the strike plate to close the door. The screws were not anchored to anything and could be removed by finger.

I have had to request Lindstrom come back and repair the whole punched through my wall from a bedroom door knob by their work crew.

Lindstrom recently replaced the common area ceiling and during the process covered my door in paint, wall texture, or other without cleaning it. I emailed a complaint about this on 8.4.2012.

I had to email them repeatedly when promised wall replacement was halted and the small test session was only patched.

Lindstrom has not completed fire and smoke damage restoration from a 12.19.2012 fire adequately or in a timely fashion.

The unit recently sat for 12 days of no work with the dishwasher moved, kitchen cabinet moved, the living room carpet torn up in the corners, and 4 inch holes drilled through the subfloor. Lindstrom finally returned to complete the work after a complaint email from me.

My unit has received less than adequate work. Lindstrom should be competent enough to recommend what is necessary to resolve the smoke odor issue I face. Instead I sit with a unit that cannot be lived in due to the damage it will cause to personal belongings. I have lost over $7,300 while Lindstrom does poor quality work and makes poor or no recommendations to the Associations insurance company.

It is clear that Lindstrom does not have the knowledge or experience to do a job of this magnitude. They have made continues errors and still have not resolved the issue.

I desire the following two items:

1. A clean livable dwelling that does not damage personal possessions.

2. To file this complaint and warn others of the incompetent company that is Lindstrom Cleaning and Restoration. It is my hope that this will prevent others from losing time and money, as I have, while waiting for a company that clearly does not have the expertise required for what they claim to be professionals at.

Lindstrom Cleaning and Construction continues to seek a resolution to the challenges faced on this project. Lindstrom's continues to work everyday with the Association, insurance company and unit owners to reach a mutually accepted solution.

Fire & Water Damage Restoration, Hail Repair, Water Damage Restoration, Fire Damage Restoration, Home Repair & Maintenance, Insurance - Fire & Flood Specialists, Contractors - General, Building Envelope Restoration