Minnesota and North Dakota

BBB Accredited Business since 07/29/2004

Clean Response, Inc.

07/16/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Repairs resulted in additional damage

Complaint: This company severed a cable that controls telephone, fax, internet and television service. As a self-employed I lost revenue due to this outage.
-Clean Response was hired by a neighbor.
- On 6/12/2012 an employee cut a cable that runs through to my property.
-I immediately lost my ability to use my telephone, fax machine, internet and TV.
-I am self-employed, work from home and lost 6 hours of business on this day.
-I lost an additional 2 hours of work on 6/13/2012, when my cable provider answered my service call
-An employee of Clean Response notified myself and 2 ******* employees that he didn't know this is how cable is layed in multi-unit buildings and he just cut it.
-I talked to the supervisor (*************) who gave me ************'s name/telephone number
-I called Mr. ******** who said they will not compensate me for my loses and was hesitant to provide the owners names. (*********** & *************).
-I called and was put through to Mr. ****** who did not pickup my call and has not returned my call.

************** is not our customer, nor are we doing any work in her unit. ************** was hired by our client to perform emergency water mitigation and reconstruction services for a property that suffered fire damage on May 20, 2012.

The affected property is a town home which shares common walls between eight units. **************'s property is two units away from the affected unit but share common walls and roof structure as part of the complex.

The fire (two units away from ******) caused significant damage to the electric panel and the surrounding area that hosts other low voltage wiring needs for the property. In the process of demolition to prepare for reconstruction, all affected and damaged wiring needed to be removed and replaced.

Clean response performed the work of removing wires on Tuesday June 12 between noon and 3:30pm. On Wednesday June 23rd our supervisor was on site around noon. He observed a cable company doing repairs on the property. We think the company was Xfinity.

Our position is this: We do not know if our demolition caused her interruption of service or if service had been interrupted during the fire on May 20th. The condition of the wiring removed was severely damaged. The demolition and wire removal had to occur regardless. The wiring removed was located two units away from **************'s residence. The residence and owners of this complex were all affected by the fire, not just the unit where the fire occurred. We have had no other complaints from other tenants in this complex. Each homeowner needs to file a claim with their insurance company for damages suffered by the fire and ************** needs to file a claim with her insurance company for her damages. ************** is not responsible to compensate ************** for damages caused by or the result of the fire.

One option for ************** is to contact her cable /phone / Internet provider and ask why her connecting lines are being accessed through a neighboring property (if this is the case).

************** is not responsible for her service interruption. This complex suffered a fire loss and each owner is responsible to initiate an insurance claim for their property.

Our sympathy goes out to all the residents who are dealing with the aftermath and interruption to routine life.

**************, Inc.

The response from the business is a clear indication of their lack of knowledge. As a shareholder in the association that hired this business, I am indeed a customer whose monies are directly responsible for this restoration. The term ''tenant'' is also used by this business in their response. We are ''owners'' and as ''owners'' we pay to maintain all of our buildings/units collectively.

As stated, a fire occurred on May 20th that caused the evacuation of all other residents who share the wiring system in context. Other affected units were and remain vacant, which is why this business has heard no other complaints.

I experienced zero interruptions in my cable service between 5/20/2012 (the day of the fire) and 6/12/2012 which is the day an employee of this business negligently severed my wiring. To suggest the fire is the root of any issue is absurd.

It was unfortunate (and costly) to my business to have been given no warning on the outage but to make my loss even greater, the employee had no idea how multi-development units (MDUs) are wired, ignorantly severed the wiring and carelessly walked away from the job for the day. His actions left me with no means to fulfill my businesses contractual obligations which caused a loss in my revenue.

The position held by this businesses of ''We do not know if our demolition caused her interruption of service or if service had been interrupted during the fire on May 20th'' cannot be supported by cable company records and the employee admitted to myself and 2 cable technicians that he ''didn't know they (the townhomes) are wired this way and just cut it when gutting it (the townhome)''. To suggest this would be anyone else's responsibility is downright deceitful and a poor attempt to deflect responsibility. I've talked to my insurance agent who has stated that the outage, and therefore, my loss of revenue, was not due to the fire or there would have been an interruption in service prior to 22 days after the fire and said interruption would be supported by documentation.

Another example of this businesses lack of knowledge when working on MDU's, is their suggestion that I ''ask my cable provider why my connecting lines are being accessed through a neighboring property.'' I do not have to ask nor should this even be questioned, as this wiring ''is'' the STANDARD wiring for cable systems when an external box (at ONE end of a building) needs to reach multiple customer destinations (MDUs).

It's absolutely clear that this business is not qualified to work on Multi-unit Developments or they would have not given the response in which they did. It's unfortunate that I incurred significant damage from this business yet none from the fire they'd like to blame their actions upon.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

01/12/2012Problems with Product / Service