BBB Accredited Business since 12/01/2003

SPIRE Credit Union

07/15/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Have been a customer with Spire for 10 years,and have alot of money at the bank. I went to get a home loan got denied for weird reasons.
My father applied for a home loan. He was pre approved and our offer was accepted. The day before the closing they told us we were not qualified. Than we had offered to put me on the loan they said that will work and told us it would be ready withing another 3-4 weeks. A week before the closing they told us we weren't qualified because we were not both living there which they didn't specify thats how it had to be. I also paid for an appraisal as well as loan docs that cost me $80 extra to speed up. They had told me they don't if they can return my funds back.

If they are not willing to approve my loan, I would like my funds back that I spent for no reason so I can go else where.

SPIRE's response to this complaint is attached. Please contact me with additional questions.

I do not accept this response, although SPIRE is saying I was not approved. As well as saying I paid for services provided. I wasn't provided services because when you ppay for services you get them. I paid for loan docs that were not provided due to them coming back and telling me before closing that we were declined. I paid for an appraisal on a home that SPIRE didn't provide me a loan for. If we knew we weren't approved after a month of actually being approved, we would have never moved forward with the loan or paid for loan docs or appraisal. You can't tell someone they are approved, make them pay for everything then decline them once you collect the money. This is the worst experience I have had with anyone. For being loyal customers and keeping the amount of money that we do with SPIRE, I was hoping for a little more effort. I will be taking my business elsewhere, and you will not have my business in the future. As far as my money for the apprisal, I want it back because I didn't get what I paid for. I cant pay for something that is not even used. Also, loan docs would of been printed for the closing which I also paid for, therefore I would like to see that money back because no loan docs were need since you declined us.

I have attached a written response, along with 4 corresponding attachments. There are a total of 5 files attached.

I don't accept this response because I was wrongly charged. Yes an apprisal was done, but no SPIRE did not provide me with services, they kept making me run around in a circle before deciding that I can't provide them with something. I want my money back because the appraisal I Paid for I could not use. I had to go with a different mortgage company to get a loan and I paid for a whole new appraisal. Plus, the loan docs I paid for have not been used because once again I did not close on the loan I paid $230 for nothing for loan docs that were not used on a loan. SPIRE does owe me this money and I want it back one way or another. You can't say you provided services for someone when you denied their loan a day before closing. You charged me for two things I could not use because you didn't approve my loan even though I jumped through hoops just to get you guys to approve it.

Credit Unions