In Minnesota and North Dakota

BBB Accredited Business since 03/13/2013

Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union

14 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 9 closed in last 12 months

04/04/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services

Complaint: Affinity Plus FCU in Faribault, MN is unwilling to protect any costumer against any fraudulent act that happens for any reason.
I unknowingly cashed two cashiers checks that ended up being fraudulent. I have always put my faith in the banks I deal with to be the first line of defense to protect me against fraud. My bank has informed me that all of their costumers including me are personally responsible to pay for all fraudulent funds. I asked, "isn't there fraud insurance to help take care of these types of problems?",and they would not respond. They just stated that I was responsible. They also have frozen my account leaving me penniless until I get payed again from my job. When I was talking to them they told me this was not the first time in the last year that this incident had happened. During our phone conversation they also stated that they would not be filing a police report regarding this incident and that I needed to fill out a loan application to pay all fraud charges back. When I went into bank to talk to them they kept changing their story. Now I could file a police report and after that they would also. I told them I would not sign a loan document when I do not believe I was at fault and I am looking into my rights first.

Mr. ********, it is Affinity Plus' intent to provide you with information so that you understand what check fraud is and our role in assisting members who are victim to a check fraud scam.

We understand that you cashed two cashier's checks that were fraudulent, and we also understand that it is frustrating to learn you have become a victim of check fraud.

Our employees who informed you that we act only as your agent in collecting payment on the check are correct, and this information is stated in our Terms and Conditions you receive upon becoming a member of Affinity Plus. This information can be found on page three under Collection of Items and it explains, "We act only as your agent and we are not responsible for handling items for deposit or collection beyond the exercise of ordinary care."

We understand that your desired resolution is to have all of the funds we made available to you when you deposited the fraudulent checks returned to your account. Please understand that we made these funds available to you immediately because it is a benefit of your membership and we trust that checks our members deposit are honest checks from which we will be able to collect funds. In this situation, we were not able to collect funds from the party who provided you with the cashier's check which is why we withdrew the funds from your account.

We understand you spent the funds we made available to you which resulted in your account balance going negative. Affinity Plus is committed to helping our members recover from fraud if they become victims. Mr. ********, we would like to work with you to develop a plan that would help restore your account at Affinity Plus. If this is of interest to you, please contact us at (800) ******** or affinityplus@affinityplus.org.

To help you further understand the nature of check fraud scams, we encourage you to visit the consumer information page about fake checks on the Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) website here: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0159-fake-checks. There is also a section on the bottom of this page that will direct you to a page on which you can report your check fraud experience with the FTC.

11/11/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint:
Please help correct an erroneous loan of $10,000.00 given to a mentally disabled individual on a fixed income.
In September 2012, my mentally disabled son,************, purchased a used, 2000 GMC, half-ton pick-up from ********** Ford in Baxter, MN. The Vehicle cost $10,000.00 and **** was directed to Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union, in Brainerd, MN for an auto loan. Affinity approved a loan to this vulnerable adult on a fixed income. ****'s monthly income is $900, yet he Was approved a five year loan with monthly payments of $260.00. **** was also required to carry full-coverage insurance which cost an additional $200.00 a month It seems reasonable that a loan officer should know these figures don't add up. By March 2013 **** Was no longer able to make his auto payment. The truck was repossessed in August 2013 and sold at auction for approximately $3000.00, leaving him responsible for the remaining balance of $6000.00. **** is now suffering since he no longer has a Vehicle and has little hopes of getting another one. He lives 25 miles away from his doctor, and 12 miles away from the nearest grocery store.

This letter is in response to the complaint Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union received on 10/21/2013 from the Better Business Bureau regarding a membership and auto loan for ***********.

In the letter, Ms. **************** states that her son, ***********, applied for and was granted a loan from Affinity Plus to purchase a vehicle he could not afford. Affinity Plus looks at every member's situation individually and based on the application, applicable supporting documentation as well as the conversations we have with our members will only approve a loan for an individual when it is right for them and in their best interest. We regret that ultimately **** was unable to meet the monthly payment obligations for this vehicle.

At Affinity Plus, it is our goal to have long term relationships with our members whenever possible. That being said, we appreciate the ongoing conversations we have had with **** regarding this particular situation. **** has been in regular contact with Affinity Plus as recent as 10/28/2013 and we hope to continue the productive conversations about what is right for both **** and Affinity Plus.

Ms. ********, we appreciate your letter and with ****'s permission we are more than willing to bring you into our ongoing dialogs. Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to meet with both you and **** regarding this situation.

10/23/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Delayed completion of service

Complaint: opening new account
I attempted to open a new account at affinity plus via their website. I deposited 20 dollars but never received my bank card. When i contacted the bank they said it was my fault because i did not sign the application. They also said they need a copy of my drivers license. I sent that stuff in via email and was told the the address i put on the application does not match my DL which was true as i had just moved. When i received my new DL i send it in via email to the same email address as before but received no response. so i called in and was told the will send me the application again as it was still wrong and to send it back signed. I never received another email from them. I contacted them again via chat and requested my money back. They said they are mailing me a check.

Affinity Plus FCU has reviewed the complaint by Mr. ******, and we take his complaint very seriously. Affinity Plus FCU opened a membership for Mr. ****** on 8/6/13. He submitted his membership application online, with an electronic signature. His address did not match his Driver's License, so on 8/26/13 we asked that he send us confirmation of his new mailing address with a bill or statement reflecting this, along with the signed membership application. It was suggested that he could stop into a branch to complete this and then sign the membership application. On 10/15/13, he sent us his updated DL with his current address, however he had still not completed the membership application. I believe there may have been some miscommunication of what needed to occur in order to get his membership completely opened. We acknowledge his frustration and understand that he may not have received some email communications sent from us, which extended the process even further.

When Mr. ****** communicated with us through our online chat on our website, he indicated that he would like his money refunded to him. We then closed out his account and mailed him a check.

We are disappointed to learn that Mr. ****** is upset about the process and that it ended up in a closed account. After a recent phone conversation, he shared his frustrations and gave suggestions about how the account opening process can be adjusted to make it easier on all parties involved.

10/08/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper collection practices

Complaint: My RV was surrendered upon agreement between Affinity and I for auction. Retail value of the RV lists as $58,950. Trailer was sold for $32,000.
I purchased a 5th wheel RV to live in while working in the oil exploration area of eastern Montana. At the end of 2012 I had to move back to Minnesota for personal reasons (having a baby) and was not able to afford nor relocate the trailer back to Minnesota for me to sell to a private buyer. An agreement was made with Affinity Plus to surrender the Alpine 5th Wheel (Bought for $51,628.68) and have it sold at auction to recover the loan amount. I requested that there be a reserve amount met for the RV as it at auction to recover the loan amount. I requested that there be a reserve amount met for the RV as it was barely used and originally bought brand new. The trailer sold at auction for $32,000 even though the retail amount ranges from low ($48,930) to high ($89,845.00) with a suggested retail value of $73.816. The $51,628 was a lower than usual dollar amount accepted by ************ RV due to an advertisement issue and had to be honored. Affinity also now charging 3% interest on the remainder amount they created. All emails back and forth between Affinity and I are with me as well as sales paperwork and NADA value paperwork. These can be duplicated and surrendered upon request.

Affinity Plus FCU has reviewed the complaint by Mr. *****, and we take his complaint very seriously. In review of the complaint, we feel as though our actions towards the remarket of the RV was completed properly.

Affinity Plus FCU engaged in an RV loan with ***** ***** on 07/10/2012. ***** found an RV at Pleasureland RV Center on 07/11/2012 and the loan was contracted, signed, and funded that same day. ***** purchased the 5th wheel RV brand new. Upon receipt of *****'s credit request, Affinity Plus FCU subsequently qualified ***** for 100% financing as there was no money put down on the purchase to put him in a better Loan-to-Value scenario. Additionally, we also agreed to wrap in well over $3,000.00 in just tax, title, and license fees.

Affinity Plus FCU financed an amount of $51,628.68, over fifteen years at 7% at a simple daily interest. With a principal balance of that amount, for many of the first few years of that amortization schedule, the borrower will largely be paying mostly interest. This loan was funded on July 11th, 2012. A majority of the payment dollars were being paid towards interest, in addition to the depreciating collateral. ***** ***** made payments from 08/2012 through 02/2013 and then ceased payments. Only seven payments were made on this 180 payment note. Efforts began on 03/19/2013 to contact ***** ***** to find out what has changed in his life to cause the missed March 1, 2013 payment. Letters were sent on 03/19/2013 and 04/08/2013 followed up by telephone contact and e-mails.

***** was reached via telephone on 05/03/2013 and he stated that he was at work and could not speak and asked to call him back later. He was asked what time he got off and he stated 12:30 p.m. The associate stated that 1:00 p.m. works best for him, but ***** stated that he was has oral surgery. He stated to contact him via e-mail.
An e-mail was sent detailing the L30 delinquency (Which is the RV loan in question), stating that we tried sending a delinquency letter asking for a payment arrangement to be in place by April 18th and we didn't hear from him. So at that time, and given the seriousness of the delinquency, Affinity Plus FCU had no choice but to send a demand letter on 05/03/2013. It is a cross-collateralized demand accelerating the notes on both the L30 (RV loan) and L6 (auto) loans because ***** was only paying on the L6 loan, which has a 2005 Ford F150 truck as collateral.

The member sent an e-mail response back prior to the expiration of the demand letter stating that he was working with the originating Member Advisor at Affinity Plus FCU. An e-mail was sent back to ***** by a Affinity Plus FCU Solutions Member Advisor explaining that we will accept the voluntary surrender of the RV, and that once we liquidate the unit we will contact him to make arrangements on the deficiency balance of the loan.

***** then partnered with Affinity Plus FCU and accepted the offer of surrendering the collateral (RV) with the agreement of remarketing and selling of the property for him. He was unable to do so as he was relocated back to MN and could not afford to take the time and money to sell on his own. Affinity Plus made arrangements to have the RV removed from the lot in Montana for him free of charge and brought to Minnesota where it was remarketed and sold.

Affinity Plus has and will continue to research and reevaluate itself in the repossession and remarketing industry as part of our policy. This has been and will be an area of focus for us in an attempt to better serve our members. We aim to get maximum return on collateral sales in an effort to recover as best we can and avoid losses being recognized by the rest of our performing member base.

When loan collateral is remarketed, it is sold online at a public auction through a competitive bidding process through a vendor specializing in remarketing of collateral such as this 5th wheel recreational vehicle. In addition to this, a full condition analysis of the unit is completed by an independent third-party vendor to determine proper depreciation. This method was chosen because it statistically generates the Fair Market Value of said collateral. There are controls in place through our auction house to ensure items are not sold at below Fair market Value. Account managers at the auction house work with Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union in setting reserve dollar amounts for each unit that is sold. This process is completed by setting a floor starting bid amount, by researching recently auctioned collateral determined by: year, make, model, and type of unit being sold. Previous national as well as regional sale amounts are taken into consideration as well as demand in the respective areas.

We are disappointed to learn that Mr. ***** is upset about the lack of return in the sale of his RV. But given the factors listed above, the sale value of the RV was sold at market value.

09/23/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support

Complaint: was qualified for a loan the CS rep indicated the loan was denied and it effected my credit report she told me she would call back asap never did

We received ********'s complaint and her concern about her credit score being negatively affected due to a loan denial. However, a loan denial is not indicated on her credit report. Her report will only show the inquiry to her credit when we requested to pull her full credit report as part of the loan process. While inquiries can affect a credit score, the actual denial will not. So there isn't anything that we can fix or change on her credit report to increase her score related to this loan denial. We have followed up with ******** to answer any additional questions/concerns she may have.

05/09/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: Failure to open account and provide service due to accidental discrepancy
So i went into a branch to open a account and the guy helped me i have a freeze on my credit report as well as my Chex Sytems report because my identity was stolen so i raised the freeze on my Chex systems report and was told that something was showing unpaid so even though i didn't open the unpaid account i went and paid the account off in order to open the Affinity plus account i was notified that if i paid it and my credit was good that they could open the account so i unfroze my credit and they pulled it i was told that my credit score was 759 and that my credit was good and that they would open the account then they told me the next day that they are denying me membership due to me using the wrong social security number in the past. My mother gave me the wrong SSN when i turned 18. But i was applying with the correct SSN and i had provided the bank with a copy of my Social Security Card. I don't think its fair that a bank can deny me because of a mistake that was made i never even got a account when i applied last year with the wrong SSN because i didn't have a copy of the card and that's when i found out i was using the wrong SSN. So im very angry that they said they could open a account for me and are now being rude about it and now i have a inquiry on my credit from them and on my chexsystems report and it all was a big waste of time. I even advised the rep that i just wanted a membership savings account so i could apply for a auto loan i provided them with my Social Security Card, My Drivers License, My Passport and a copy of my Police Report.

Affinity Plus has received the complaint submitted by Mr. ******** *********.

Affinity Plus is declining Mr. *********'s desired resolution of opening a membership so that he can take out an auto loan. We are unable to verify his identity due to the use of multiple social security numbers when trying to establish multiple memberships with Affinity Plus in the past. The credit union will take steps to verify the identity of the potential member at the time of application and this does include utilizing credit reports therefore the inquiry with TransUnion is valid.

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
Terrible response but I was able to get my auto loans with a new credit union thanks

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined the company provided proper verification that indicated there was no obligation to resolve the issues of the complaint.

04/22/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: We relied to our detriment on Affinity Plus's repeated assurances over many months that they could refinance our rental property.
In 2013 when our Affinity Plus contact learned that we wanted to refinance our rental property, she told us that Affinity Plus was financing commercial properties, so we should take our business to Affinity. She offered us an excellent rate. My partner ************** and I ended our pending refinancing process with Wells Fargo, giving up the good rate we were guaranteed.
Months went by. We contacted the Affinity person at the University Avenue branch repeatedly and she assured us the mortgage refinancing was proceeding. And then it wasn't: "sorry", we were told, "we can't finance commercial properties". We talked to the branch manager and told her that in the intervening months the interest rate had increased so that abandoning us would cost us a lot over the life of the loan. She shrugged and said simply: "sorry".

I wrote to Affinity Board Chair *************** and Vice Chair ************ on January 31, 2014. Two months have passed with no response from Affinity Plus.

Affinity Plus has reviewed the complaint submitted by Mr. ******. We take his complaint very seriously and have completed an investigation into the events and actions that lead to his frustration.

First and foremost Affinity Plus does recognize that our communication with Mr. ****** was not handled appropriately. For that, we do apologize. We pride ourselves on having consistent contact with members and keeping them informed during any interaction. We have addressed this situation with our University branch and the individuals involved.

With regards to Mr. ******'s rental refinance application that was completed on 4/30/13: When an application is submitted, the preapproval and underwriting process begins. This process relies upon regular communication between both our members and our employees, as we are collecting and verifying required documents (i.e. income statements, bank statements, credit reports, etc.) and working together to perform the necessary services (i.e. appraisal, title, etc.). This information is gathered and reviewed in order for Affinity Plus to make lending decisions in the best interest of our members and to secure terms and conditions (including interest rate) available upon approval of the loan. Unfortunately, we did not receive all required information and did not perform all necessary services, and contact between Mr. ****** and Affinity Plus was minimal, ultimately resulting in our inability to provide such approval. As a result, on July 24, 2013, Affinity Plus was regulated to withdraw the application due to lack of contact. During the time we had limited contact with Mr. ******, as an organization Affinity Plus made the decision to discontinue our lending for investment properties which is why we weren't able to provide him with this type of lending when he tried to reinitiate the application.

Mr. ****** also states a letter was sent on 1/31/14 to the attention of two individuals on the Board of Directors at Affinity Plus regarding this situation with no response. We have no record of that letter.

Finally, Affinity Plus respectfully declines Mr. ******'s request to have us pay the difference between the amount of interest he will pay with ***** over the life of his loan.

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
The April 4th statement by Affinity is not supported by our carefully-maintained email and document record. Please consider these few samples (many more are available; all emphatically establish that the response from Affinity is not based in fact):

Email from ***** F*, 7-17-2013, 3:23 PM: "I just saw you stopped in ... you are so patient, and I truly apologize for not getting back to you. I'm currently waiting for the title report to be returned on the property and if everything is clear we should be good to close fairly soon. We can sign any extraneous forms at closing. I don't have a definitive closing date to set now, but what kind of availability do you guys have at the beginning of August to come in?"

Email from ***** F, 9-20-2013, 6:33 PM: "I got your voicemail checking in on the closing and I didn't want to tell you either way before I was absolutely sure -- it looks like we won't be able to close tomorrow morning. I will be in touch with you early next week with the status and we can talk about a realistic closing date.

"Thank you again for your patience with this process, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your understanding."

Email from ***** F, 10-9-2013, 10:24 AM:
"The guy I have doing inventory on the loan wasn't able to complete it today, can I get in touch with you Friday afternoon? He should have it completed by then."

Please note that none of the content of any of Ms. ***********'s communications suggests in any way that Affinity did not receive all required information from us. In fact, our email and document record establish quite the opposite: we provided all requested information, and closing was just a day away at one point.

Affinity made a $550 expenditure on an appraisal of the subject property in approximately May of 2013. It should be apparent to even a casual observer that Affinity would not have paid for an appraisal unless we had fully responded to their requests for documentation needed.

We ask that Affinity check its record of communications and speak both with Ms. F and the Branch manager of the University Avenue office. Errors surely can occur when crafting a response to a BBB complaint. We understand and will be happy to accept an amendment of their response after they have checked their record of communications.

Thank you.

*(***** F's full last name is available on request; we didn't include it here because of BBB's admonition not to include personally identifiable information in our response.)

Affinity Plus has reviewed the response submitted by Mr. ******.

Affinity Plus sincerely apologizes for the way our communication was handled with Mr. ****** regarding his refinance application. We have addressed this situation with our University branch and the individuals involved.

Affinity Plus was unable to process the application for Mr. ******'s refinance because we did not receive all required information and did not perform all necessary services. We take responsibility for our lack of communication in this situation. Unfortunately, following the withdrawal of the application we were unable to initiate a new one because our organization is no longer offering this type of lending.

Finally, Affinity Plus stands by its decision to respectfully decline Mr. ******'s request to have us pay the difference between the amount of interest he will pay with ***** over the life of his loan.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

03/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies

Complaint: Refusal to let me use my points to get overdarft fees waived like I have in the past.
I have banked with Affinity Plus for almost 10 years, and through out the years I have been able to have over draft fees reimbursed using participation points that i've earned. The last fees I was ble to have waived was on Jan 16. Last week on Friday, I made a request online to have two other fees waived using my participation points. I received an email from a representative of Affinity stating that I did not qualify for a reimbursement. I called the credit union,& the representative I spoke too told me that due to the fact I have a work out loan with affinity then I dont qualify to use my participation points to have fees waived. I told her that I have used my points in the past to have numerous fees waived incluiding just last month. She said Affinity Plus changed their policy over a year ago, & members with Work Out Loans don't qualify to get fees waived. I asked how come no communication was sent to me informing me of this change, & how come just two weeks ago I was able to use the points to get fees waived, and that prior representatives had never mentioned this new policy. She said previous representatives had ignored the new policy, but that is the policy and she won't waive the fees. I then asked to speak to a supervisor, and after almost 30 minutes of holding a supervisor came on the line, and stated the same. When I asked her why no letter was sent out a year ago to inform customers of the policy change, she said the information is on there website. I informed her that I log into my account regularly online, & that i've never seen anything about this new policy. I asked her to point out to me exactly where online this policy was, and after looking for a few minutes she said they must have take it down as she couldnt't find the information either. I proceeded to ask her why when I log into my account online the following message is on my main screen verbatim:
"We've recently made some enhancements to our Participation Rewads Program! As a member, you're automatically eligible to earn Participation Rewards points for your evertday banking activity. These points can be redeemed to waive fees or reduce a consumer loan rate, and you can even donate them to one of our five charities of choice."

She of course did not have an answer for that, and as of today, Feb 6th, this message is still displayed on my screen on online banking. What Affinity plus is doing is not only highly unethical, but should be illegal. A banking location is responsible for communicating with the members about any policy changes, but from what their site is saying,i'M VERY CONFUSED!

Affinity Plus acknowledges ******'s frustration because based on the notes in her account made by Affinity Plus member advisors, she has received different responses for her request to redeem her points to reverse a fee. However, Affinity Plus has explained to ****** that she is not eligible for the Participation Rewards Program when she has a workout loan.

On July 28, 2009, Affinity Plus funded a workout loan for ****** to consolidate her vehicle and signature loans. It is stated in our Participation Rewards Program agreement that if members have a workout loan, they're unable to earn or redeem points. This is a policy of Affinity Plus that has been in place since the program first became available to members.

On January 21, 2010, ****** was advised that she would not be able to use her points because of her workout loan: (notes from her account)

I also advised her that with a workout loan we are not able to use points to reduce interest rates, member is upset, feels as though we are not working with her even though she has been making payments on her loan, I attempted to explain to her that a work out loan is an exception that most instituions would not allow and we are working with her to rebuild her relationship with affinity plus,

Again on January 31, 2014, ****** was reminded that because of her workout loan, she is unable to use her points to reverse a fee based on the notes provided by the member advisors below:

1/31/2014 - ************
****** called in upset that she was denied use of her PRPs to refund fees. She isn't eligible to use the PRPs since she has a work out loan - she was very upset and demanded to speak with a leader - **** spoke with her

Affinity Plus recognizes why ****** is frustrated, however, according to the General Program Rules listed in the Participation Rewards User Agreement, she is not eligible to participate in the program which includes earning and redeeming points.

First and foremost, I have to say that I'm not only very disappointed by Affinity Plus, but I'm disgusted by their response to my complaint. The response tried to make it seem like I had been told in 2010 that I cannot use my Rewards Points to have fees waived. In 2010, when I called about not being able to use my points, it was because of an offer they had to skip a loan payment by using points, not to waive fees.

Jan this year is the first time, I was ever told that I cannot use my points to waive fees. When I recently talked to an Affinity Plus rep, she said the policy was changed about a year ago, but now they are trying to say I was told this in 2010?

Secondly, Affinity keeps insisting that The Participation Rewards Program Agreement states that members with work out loans cannot use points, but how come I have never seen this agreement despite banking with them for almost 10 years. The supervisor I spoke with recently was not able to tell me where to find the information either.

On 2/10/2014, I submitted a request to have the fees waived online, and $ 70 was put back into my account, but after I submitted a complaint, the fees were reversed.

Below is a list of all the dates and times I have been able to use my points to waive fees in the past 2 years. I would like a clear explanation as to why I was able to have fees waived during these times, since they were all after I consolidated my debt with Affinity Plus.

7/28/2011, 12/5/2011, 01/03/2012 (twice), 12/18/2013, 01/16/2014 (twice).

I find it very upsetting that Affinity Plus is trying to twist this whole thng up, while it is their responsibility to inform customers of any changes they make to their policy. It's not fair that the only way members with Work Out Loans can redeem their points is by donating them to Affinity Plus Approved Charities. I shouldn't be forced to donate my points to Charities if I don't want to.

Lastly, I cannot emphasize enough how much I'm disappointed and disgusted by Affinity Plus, and I am being discriminated on, and lately retaliated on because of the BBB complaint I filed.

I have tried to resolve this in a civil manner, and if this doesn't work, I plan on sueing Affinity Plus for their disgraceful, unethical ways of doing business, and hopefully a judge will be able to see what they are doing. This is unacceptable, and I will not be silent, and let any institution victimize me. Thank you.

Ms. ******, we regret that our first response did not satisfy your inquiry. It is our intent to provide you with the information necessary to understand the terms of our Participation Rewards Program and to resolve your concerns.
Ms. ******, you can locate a copy of our Participation Rewards User Agreement on our website or through the link provided.
The Participation Rewards Program is a benefit of membership through Affinity Plus. As a financial cooperative, it is one way we have given back to members who use, support, and advocate for us. As a general rule, the Participation Rewards Program guidelines apply to all eligible members at Affinity Plus and are subject to change at any time. Ms. ******, regarding your explicit situation, please review the agreement, specifically on page 1, under 'General Program Rules', item 4a which speaks to the right of Affinity Plus "to terminate your participation in the Program...If you have a workout loan or are a signer on a workout loan". This criterion was established because workout loans are specifically designed to provide members experiencing hardship with a very unique benefit of their membership. In your situation, your loan has provided a manageable payment along with 0% APR. That said, your eligibility to participate in this program has changed. Though this program is no longer available to you, it is our hope that your relationship with Affinity Plus will continue to be one you value.
Ms. ******, in your original inquiry your desired resolution was to have the two $35 fees refunded to your checking account. On 03/17/2014, Affinity Plus refunded the two fees and deposited $70 into your checking account. Affinity Plus refunded these fees as a courtesy to you, rather than leveraging participation rewards points to do so.
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome the opportunity to work with you regarding the many options available to help prevent a situation which results in an overdraft fee. Please contact us at (800) ******** to discuss these options in greater detail.

01/25/2013Problems with Product / Service
09/06/2011Problems with Product / Service

Credit Unions, College Savings Plans, Prepaid Debit/Credit Cards, Water Companies - Bottled, Bulk, Water Soft & Conditioning Equipment Service & Supplies, Investment Management, Real Estate Loans, Loans, Banking Services