BBB Accredited Business since 04/26/1993

Superior Construction Services, Inc.

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

06/24/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Contractor replaced existing carpet with low-grade, low-density, light-weight one, despite the assurance that I will get similar/better carpet.
I signed a contract with Superior Construction to do the repair job in my house that included a carpet replacement in Master Bedroom, loft, hallway on the second floor and the staircase. The home insurance was paying for repair job.
Contractor send me to their wholesale distribution center to select a "category 2" carpet that according to the contractor is superior in quality to the one to be replaced. Contractor recommended to replace the pad with new carpet installation, but insurance rejected their claim and I did not want to pay extra because the existing pad was good. However, contractor failed to mention to insurance and myself, that it is a low-density, light-weight, low-grade carpet that Mandatory Requires special Heavy-weight, Thick pad, to compensate for carpet deficiency. Contractor replaced the carpet on top of existing pad, the job was done and I signed a Satisfaction letter, just immediately to discover that walking on the new carpet creates a very uncomfortable sensation of walking on a bare floor, stepping on the floor joists and other sharp floor objects. The next day the carpet installers were called in to troubleshoot, and later they admitted that this is "low-density" "light-weight", "lower Grade" carpet that REQUIRES special heavy-weigth thick pad. This finding was also confirmed by independent contractor. The Superior Construction did not dispute this fact and offered to put a required pad, but at my expense.
I feel that I should not be liable for that expense, as I was not presented with the facts upfront. Should I have a full disclosure, I would either select the carpet on my own (within the insurance's cost allowance or higher) or award the project to different contractor. Contractor needs to understand that there is a big difference between "Recommending" a new pad with a carpet replacement, versus a mandatory "REQUIRED" special pad to compensate for their carpet deficiency, and stop blaming the misinformed customer for making choices he now has to leave with and turning into additional sales opportunity for themselves.
I feel the contractor should replace the pad at no charge. Earlier, to show a good will, I even offered to chip in and pay the wholesale cost of new pad, but contractor rejected, insisting for covering the entire cost of pad replacement at my expense.

The Superior Construction should install a Required heavy-weight, thick pad in Master bedroom, Loft and hallway on the second floor free of charge.

I have left a message for Mr ******* on his phone and have also sent an email requesting a meeting on Monday June 29th to inspect his carpet. Will follow up based on findings from that meeting.

The Superior construction agreed to inspect my carpet next Monday, June 29 and to follow up based on findings.

05/28/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Superior failed to send us a final bill. We continued to inquire about it, but never sent the bill. They filed a lien.
Signed agreement for restoration work on 2/7/15, were told the work would be done by April 15, 2015. Were told several times that the work would be completed "by Friday", each week. The work was never completed, so we had to have our employees completed the work. We contacted them several times over the course of several months, requesting a final bill. They never provided a final bill. The first thing we received was a notice that they would be filing a lien, on 11/12/14, with no bill included. When I called them explaining that we had requested a bill several times, and that we needed to see an itemization because the work was never completed, they asked me to send the list of things that were not completed. I sent it, and followed up with a phone call, and continued to call and email with no return calls or emails. The next thing we received was a notice that a lien was filed on the building. When I called, we set up a meeting to go over the things that were not completed. They gave us a credit for those items, and sent us a bill on December 19, 2014. We received confirmation from the bank on 1/6/15 that the check cleared, and I requested proof that the lien was released via email on 12/29/14, and ********* responded that they would send me confirmation. Since then, my phone calls have not been returned, and emails have not been responded to. I called yesterday, and was told by ***** that he would look into it and call me back. When I did not receive a return call, I called again this morning, and had my phone call disconnected all three times.

I want Superior Construction to send me proof that the lien has been removed from the building.

We apologize for the confusion surrounding this. The paperwork has been resubmitted to the court and it has been confirmed that the lien has been released from the property. paperwork to follow once received.

The bill was paid in December, 2014. It is now May of 2015. The lien should have never been filed. I need confirmation from the court that the lien was removed. Superior telling me it will be removed is not enough, since they've said that before and never removed it.

Superior sent me the confirmation that the lien was satisfied. I feel the complaint has been resolved. Thank you for your help.

Ms **** has been given a link to the court system showing the lien satisfied along with a printed copy.

10/02/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Superior renovated our lake house about 3-4 years. We became aware of construction problems this winter when our pipes froze and we had other problem
In March of 2009 we contracted with Superior construction to
Completely renovate our lake house which had been damaged by water from broken pipes. They removed everything down to the studs and completely rebuilt the inside.
We never stayed in the house over the winter until this year when we had renters for the winter.
During the winter our pipes froze on 2 occasions and the renters noted air leakage from the windows and doors. Also during rains, water would leak in and wet the carpet near our noth facing porch.
I have contacted ********* , general maneuver of SUPERIOR
and he would look into it . I sent him all the videos and pictures but he has not returned my phone calls oR emails.
I even offered to include him on the bid list for new damage that has occurred on the property so he could get 2 jobs done at once. After several calls, we again received no response.
Our plan is have another contractor do the work SUperior should have done and then bill him for the cost.
Our contention is that these air leaks and pipe issues should have been done CRRECTLY I in 2009. They wen't.
We want these repairs done ASAP either by Superior or by
another contractor.

We want the window and door leakage resolved, the water leakage problem during storms resolved and the frozen pipes
Insulated or heat traced or resolved in some other way. This can be done by Superior or by another contractor. We would
bill Suprior for the if the repairs are done by another contractor.
This work should be done as soon as possible.

The initial call received from Mr ********* was to discuss frozen pipes over the winter. Upon receiving a call from Mr ********* I pulled his file to find that we had completed work on his home almost 6 years prior. We did discuss that the winter we had this year produced record numbers of frozen pipes that has never existed before. Mr ********* informed me that this is the fist year anyone has stayed in the cabin over the winter so he assumed it had to do with the work we had completed. Even though it was well past our standard warranty I did contact the plumber that did the work. At that time he informed me that everything was to code and completed as specified. I let Mr ********* know that our position was that it was done correctly when we did the original repairs but we would further investigate and if there was something we did not do correctly it would be taken care of at our expense but if everything was correct we would have to charge for our time. I did give him the name of the local plumber we used and believe Mr ********* spoke with him then I never heard anything further. We will look to see if there is something additional that can be done to lesson the likelihood of a future occurrence with little to no expense to Mr *********

I was informed by Mr ********* in early July that his home had suffered additional damage from a wind and rain storm. He indicated that his insurance company had been out and given him an estimate for repairs. At that time he also asked if we would be interested in completing those repairs. I will be communicating with Mr ********* that we would like to come down to look at the windows and doors previously installed by Superior and at that time we would also look at the additional damage from the storm.

Just a quick note to let you know that SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION CO. successfully completed the work That I wanted done at our lake home in Elysian Minnesota. They did an excellent job.
Thanks for your help in this matter.

06/03/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Failure to respond to repeated request to correct error in billing
For more than a year I have requested correction of error in their added and credit statements.
After I failed to get responce I wrote the company president towice with a return receipts. As of today I hve not received a feed back.

Our house was floodedand we are covered by insurance. We hired the the company to do the remedeiation.

The major issue, the company hired asubcontractor to tile our main floor. The suncontractor did a bad job. tiles were not leveled and all tiles crcked at the backer-board seam. The company hired an inspector and we hired ours. Both inspectors ageed this is not an acceptble job and should be replaced.
In the company addition statment, they are charging us for the damaged tile. In the credit statement they did not give us enough credit to have the old tiles removed and install new tiles.

We bought electrical and plumbing fixures,we installed sinks for bathroom vanities , kitchen and laundary room and counter-tops for the kitchen, four bathroom vanities and laundary room.

We did not get credit for the above mentioned items and others we mentioed it in my letter to the companey president.

At the end of the credit statement the company split the amount between us and them!!!??

No charge for broken tiles. We would like to receive a fair value to remove the old tile and install a new one.
We would like to receive credit for all items we bougt and the work we did.

We have received the two letters referenced by Mr and Mrs ****** and responded with a letter prior to receiving this complaint. We have explained our position and fully believe that we will be able to reach a resolution on this matter.

On January 25th 2013 T sent the contractor a letter with a return receipt.
The major issue we are walking on broken tiles that failed in the contractor inspector report as will as our inspector report.
In my letter I included my estimate to replace the tile and how much I owe them.
It has been almost 90 days and no feed back from the contractor.
*************** Woodbury MN 55129
************

We have responded multiple times with our offer to resolve only to have no response (As is evidenced by the last BBB complaint) as follows:

We have offered to repair the tiles that were laid with excessive lippage OR offer a $1,800 credit. In addition to credits at time of billing, we have offered to credit material purchased and work performed by the homeowner in the amount of $1,705. There was additional work performed by Superior at the reqest of the homeowner that is not being charged as part of any of our invoices. The total for the credit being offered is $3,505.00.

The homeowner has been paid in full by the insurance company for repairs made to their home by Superior. To date, the ******'s have paid $37,358 on a $86,457 invoice. At this time the homeowner is holding a considerable amount of money rightfully owed us. We have been both fair and patient in our attempts to reach a resolution with them. I will attempt one last time to meet with the homeowners and reach an agreed upon settlement. If after this meeting we are not able to reach an agreement, we will have no other option than to pursue our legal rights for collection of the balance owed.

On January 25th 2013 T sent the contractor a letter with a return receipt.
It has been almost 90 days and no feed back from the contractor.
*************** Woodbury MN 55129

Dear Mr, *****:
Finally we sat with superior representative and and agreed on how much would it cost to replace the broken floor tile. So I prepared a detailed list for the credit and additions based on insurance estimate and sent it to superior. They responded with brief list with much lower credit. So I requested a breakdown of their estimate to figure out the discrepancy.
I have been trying so many times to get this information from superior since November 20, 2013 to close this complain, but I did not get any response till today.
Please find the attached chain correspondence with superior to prove my complaint.
Thanks again for your help.

**************

Thanks **** for your message. Fine, let us get together. Still I am waiting for you detail and itemized list so we can talk about it. Please note the list I sent you earlier is based on insurance estimate. Please let me when will you list be ready. Thanks

From: "****, ****" <*****@superior-const.com>
To: ************** <********@prodigy.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: SUPERIOR FINAL BILL

I am back in town as well. Which day this well would work best to get together?

************** <********@prodigy.net> wrote:
Dear ****:
I am here in Woodbury. Let us finish this final bill. Please send details of your calculations so we can come to an agreement.

Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 12:25 AM

Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:24 AM
Subject: Fw: SUPERIOR FINAL BILL

Please respond to my request.

This is a friendly reminder, that I am still waiting for your feedback. Thanks

Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: SUPERIOR FINAL BILL

Thanks **** for your message. I sent you a detailed line items for credit and addition. Please send details of your calculations so we can come to an agreement. Thanks

From: **** **** <*****@superior-const.com>

Total Invoice $86,457.84

Payment Received -$37,358.57
Additional Credit for Floor as Agreed -$25,981.00

Remaining Balance Due $23,118.27

By my calculation and based upon what we had agreed to in multiple prior discussions, the total credit due is $46,683.75 not the $46,068.00 you had indicated in your most recent document. I am not sure what has changed in your calculations but in an effort to resolve this I will agree to the larger credit amount. Please let me know when we can expect to receive the final payment amount of $23,118.27.

From: **************
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2013 12:20 PM
To: **** ****
Cc: *************; *************@uiowa.edu
Subject: SUPERIOR FINAL BILL

Dear ****:

Please find attached a list of credit and additions for the construction at ***************,Woodbury MN. Here is the final bill:

Invoice: $86,457.84

From: "****, ****" <*****@superior-const.com>
To: ************** <********@prodigy.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: SUPERIOR FINAL BILL

I am back in town as well. Which day this well would work best to get together?

************** <********@prodigy.net> wrote:

Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 12:25 AM

Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:24 AM
Subject: Fw: SUPERIOR FINAL BILL

Please respond to my request.

This is a friendly reminder, that I am still waiting for your feedback. Thanks

Addition:$1,796.00

------------------------
Balance:$4,826.99

**************

I have answered previous Email and have attempted to meet. In an effort to resolve this I would offer the following dates as an available time to meet at the residence:

April 1 (afternoon), 3, 8, 9, 10, 11 anytime that is convenient. Please let me know.

Additionally, I have resent under separate cover all of the documentation that I refer to in my response for a settlement.

As I mentioned before and is clear from my chain letter to Mr.****, Mr.**** is not cooperating. He did not send me the document I requested since November.
I have this case since June 2011 and I would like to resolve it.
I am welling to accept Better Business Bureau arbitration. I will bring my document and He can bring his.

All of the documentation requested was sent again via registered mail along with available dates to meet. This was sent on Friday March 4th.We will wait for a response.

The company sent me the same old document from 2011, which I have objected to it in the first place. The company is not interested in resolving the issue. That is why I agreed to BBB arbitration to reach a fair settlement for both parties.

07/22/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Better Business Bureau April 22, 2013
Dear: Better Business Bureau
We are sending you a copy of the letter that our lawyer drafted and sent to Superior Construction Services Inc., as a written complaint against the company. We will also be sending a copy to the
***.

Mr. *** Superior Construction Services, Inc. ***
Re:***, ***
Dear Mr. ***:
My office represents *** and *** *** with regards to insurance and construction issues relating to their home at *** (the Property"). l have thoroughly reviewed. the ********* documents relating to these issues, including contracts, estimates, letters and photographs. Based on my review, it is clear that Superior has consistently failed to meet expectations and is now attempting to charge the ********* for items that have not been completed.
Contract And Estimates
On January 27, 2013, my client experienced an insured loss at their property. Upon the recommendation
of their insurer, *** ("***"), they contacted your company,
Superior Construction Services ("Superior). At that time, my client discussed work to be completed at the Property, and the need for an estimate for work. The scope ofthe work to be estimated included two separate projects, 1) work necessary to repair the insured damage to the Property, and 2).work for> upgrades desired in the damaged area of the Property. At this point Superior visited the property, and worked with *** to determine the scope of the repairs necessary at the Property.
On January 31, 2913, the *** entered into a contract with Superior to have repair work completed at their Property. The repair work was to be "billed per insurance industry approved pricing. In addition, the *** had indicated that they would be completing certain covered items on their own. Superior and the *** agreed to this arrangement.
After Superior had been working at the site for approximately a week, *** provided an estimate to the *** 'dated February 6, 2013. The estimate detailed work totaling $***.' Two days later, Superior provided an estimate for insurance repairs dated February 8, 2013, totaling $***. On that same day, Superior provided an estimate for remodeling work dated February 8, 2013, totaling $***. Many of the items on the remodeling estimate were duplicate of items on the repair
estimate. '
While the *** were alarmed by the difference, between the *** and Superior estimates, they attempted to work with Superior to reconcile the discrepancy. They contacted their claims representative, ***, about the differing prices, and work was stopped until a resolution could be reached.- `

Despite repeated attempts to resolve the price discrepancy, the *** talks with Superior were not fruitful. On February 13, 2013, Superior provided two new estimates. The first was for insurance repairs, and was for the same amount as Superior's February 8, 2013 estimate; over $*** in excess of the *** estimate. The second was for the remodeling work. This second estimate was reduced to
$*** , '
The *** continued to work with Superior, and on February 18, 2013 received two new estimates. Again the estimate for insurance repairs-was incorrect. It continued exceeded the *** estimate, v and continued to include charges for items that were to be completed by the ***. The estimate for remodeling work continued to include duplicate items, and despite the fact that there had not been increases in the scope of work, the quote increased to $***.
At this point, three weeks had gone by, and Superior had provided six widely differing quotes. Not only did Superiors estimates differ from each other, more importantly, nothing had been done to resolve the discrepancy between Superor's estimates and the *** Estimate. In addition, Mr. *** had become increasingly hostile to deal with. At this point, based on Superior's inability to quote the project, the *** terminated the contract.
Post Termination
Following the termination, Superior sent an invoice to the *** for the process of estimating. The invoice also charged the *** for work already completed during the first and only week of
construction.
First, Superior entered into the process of estimating the *** construction and dealing with *** of its own free will. Superior came to the Property prior to entering into a contract with the ***. Measurements were taken, and estimates were put together, and it is believed that Superior also had conversations with ***. Only after that process was a contract signed.
Superior entered into the estimating process without any disclosure of or contract relating to fees for estimating. If there were charges for the process, they should have been disclosed prior to commencing that work. It is common for construction companies to give estimates. it is an industry standard that part of securing work, and the *** were under no obligation to hire Superior following this process. The *** are under no obligation to pay for charges relating to estimating, and no payment will be forthcoming.
Second, the *** also object to the invoice as it relates` to work items that Superior claims have been completed at the property. As has been the case in every estimate presented by Superior, the invoice is rife with inaccuracies. The *** have attempted to contact Superior about items on the invoice, which have not actually been performed. Your response to this attempt, in your April 2, 2013 letter is "i have reviewed the estimate with *** along with work orders and invoices for work performed at you home and do not see any charges for items not performed.
________________

In fact, over half of the charges on the invoice are for work items that have not been performed. These include charges for hauling away debris which has never been removed, charges for content manipulation, content for portions of the drywall replacement that was never completed, and finishing charges for Finishing work that was not done during the only week of construction. In addition, Superior charges over $*** for overhead and profit, and then separately charges approximately $*** for "residential" supervision.
Finally, there s the matter of the doors. My clients are not convinced that you took proper measurements. Each doorway differs in measurement from the others on the floor. If the doors have been properly measured and cut, my clients will pay for them. If they have no payment will be made. The simplest way to determine this, is to- have the doors delivered so that they can be examined. If the doors fit, payment will be made. However, the price for each door will be $*** each, the price from your March 11, 2013 invoice, not the $*** quoted in your April _2, 2013 letter. .It should be noted here that my client was able to buy doors for $*** each.
Cancluson/Offer
The *** will be delivering this letter, along with claims to both the ***, 'and the Better Business Bureau. It is their firm belief that Superiors conduct throughout this process has been in bad faith, and has bordered on or crossed into fraud.
that said my clients recognize that some work was completed at the property, and make the following non-negotiable offer. The *** will pay $*** for the services rendered during the rest and only week of construction at the property, in full and final settlement of all claims. In addition, if you agree to bring the doors to the property, and the fit the spaces they were ordered for my clients will pay $*** for them.
If you choose to accept this offer you can do so through my office on or before April 30, 2013 If not we can settle the matter before a conciliation court referee.
***

There are several innaccuracies in the claim as presented. I have provided the documentation to support our position. After a review by the customer and their attorney we are supposed to discuss settlement further. Will update at that time as to resolution if any

The response is attached to the case for review
June 3, 2013
***
RE: Case ***: Superior Construction Services Inc.
Today We received the letter that you sent to us with the response from Superior Construction', I called our attorney Mr. *** and he stated that he talked with Mr. *** from Superior a couple of weeks ago and per their conversation Mr. *** stated that he does not agree with our claim, and that he will send our attorney written documentation regarding this. Mr. *** has not received anything from him as of today.
With that being said, and the fact that we have not received or-heard anything from Superior we are not satisfied and are still waiting to resolve this matter.
We now have another problem with their work and that we have to hire an electrician to scope our walls on the living room side because there are 3 outlets that do not work. They must have cut a wire in the wall, and then sheet rocked right over it. We just realized this problem, and are in the process of getting it check out. This is unacceptable workmanship, and can be a fire hazard.
When we find the cut wire we are going to have to undo some of their work and fix it all over again. We will be taking the cost of this extra work off their bill.
We are not satised with Superior Construction.
***

This complaint has been resolved with the customer.

01/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Many items were damaged in the job, and superior has not compensated for them, and been very difficult to work with in this matter.
Superior Damaged many things in our house on the project and have failed to compensate for them. They damaged a $2500 couch, $70 clock, $4500 driveway, and $600 washing machine. We had a brand new leather couch that an employee set his work bag on and put a substantial gouge in the top. After months of trying to get this taken care of, they finally sent someone out to repair the damage. It was repaired to the best it could be, but the damage is definitely still there. They did not cover our washer/dryer and the washing machine got covered with construction debris. We had a technician out to repair it and he told us it was more expensive to repair than to replace, and that the damage was caused by the construction debris. We have replaced the washing machine, and Superior is refusing to do anything about it, even after the project coordinator agreed and said "yea, we should have covered that". We have submitted documentation from the repair person and receipts and they haven't done anything about it. The clock fell off the wall and broke, they HAVE agreed to replace that, but we have not seen that compensation in either payment or in credit on the bill. And then comes the driveway. Throughout the winter we had 3 dumpsters from Waste Management on our driveway. Two of the Three dumpsters were put on the driveway without the wood blocks that protect the driveway. Waste management agreed that the damaged was caused by the dumpster, but Superior signed a form stating they are liable for any damages. Waste Management' s insurance company told us the same thing, and sent us documentation that Superior was negligent in not ensuring that the dumpster was properly on the driveway, and liable for the damages caused. We have sent Superior this document, of course to no avail (likely they lost it, pretty common occurrance around there). Now there are places where there are literally 1.5 inch depressions in the driveway. Definitely a trip-fall hazard. Superior states the driveway was already damaged.. it DID have cracks, however it did not have anywhere close to as many, and definitely none that were severe hazards. I'm pretty sure whoever signed the form had no idea what they were signing, however they signed it and so Superior is liable for repairs. We have provided them with everything they have asked for (estimates, before and after pictures etc) and now they are just stating that "well we never recieved estimates, etc". It is not our fault that Superior can't keep track of their business, nor that they can't control their employees. They need to own up to their mistakes and properly compensate for the damages.

We would like to be compensated for the damages to the clock, couch, washing machine, and driveway. We have submitted (multiple times) estimates, receipts, etc. Superior has (or at least at one point had) everything they need.

Superior has responded to and made our position very clear regarding all of the complaints mentioned above. Unfortunately, the ******' do not agree with our position and have chosen to deal with it through this forum. While it is true that the ******' have provided various documentation, none of it supports their claim. We were notified of damage to their new couch and have inspected it. Given the number of blemishes and marks on the couch (one right next to the one "we created" that was admitted to have happened when the furniture was being moved in) it was impossible to believe that just one was known to have been caused by us. However, in the interest of customer service we did agree to address the slight damage and sent a professional leather restoration company to address it. Below is their response to the claim that the work we did is unacceptable:

"Regarding the customer repair for ******** ****** in Apple Valley. My understanding based on feedback from my technician is that the repair went fine and the customer was completely satisfied. If this is not the case or if an additional inspection is needed I am happy to complete it at no charge for you.
Basically, this type of leather is a popular grade of leather and is called aniline or unsealed leather which means it is dyed at the tannery and no additional clear coat is used over the top to seal in the color. In my experience most customers don't intentionally choose un-sealed over sealed leather, they happen to like a particular piece and it is what it is.
The characteristics of this leather is that it will "age" over time by showing scratches, scuff marks, sun fading, and normal wear and tear thus leaving the furniture with a patina look over time. If desired this can be prevented by sealing it with a clear top coat. Of course it would need to be re-dyed first or the clear coat will seal in the scratches.
My recommendation is that the customer either not worry about individual scratches and let it age naturally as it is supposed to, or do a complete color restoration and then seal it. To try and repair individual scratches/issues is pointless as it will just continue to show signs of use.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance with this matter"

The clock mentioned was damaged. We have multiple communications (one the day before this complaint was filed) that we agreed to compensate the ******' for it via a credit against the balance due.

There is no doubt that the driveway is cracked. It is also without doubt that the cracks are a result of age and lack of maintenance rather than a dumpster being placed on it, We have asked for the documentation mentioned above and have only been provided with a document indicating that a claim was filed and the firm was requesting additional information. We have not seen any communication back to the ******' from Waste Management or their insurance carrier specifically placing liability for the state of their driveway on Superior. If the document exists I would request that it be sent to Dave Bell so I can discuss specific details with Waste Management.

It is not uncommon for repairs to appliances to cost more than it would to replace the appliance with a new model. When asked to provide documentation from the service repair company as to what caused the damage to their washing machine Mrs ****** responded in an email by saying that "he stated in his notes it only included that the motor was dead and not the cause of the damage being that is outside of their scope for repair". The motor of a washing machine is enclosed inside the cabinet and it is not realistic to associate the cause of it freezing from external construction debris. What is more common and our position, the age of the machine is the most likely cause of the washer not working after sitting unused for an extended period of time.

Given the fact that we have responded to the ******' indicating our position in this regard it is apparent that we are at an impass ** resolving this between us. Because of this I am requesting that we utilize the mediation service provided through the BBB to resolve this.

As stated in the original complaint documentation regarding the driveway was given to Jesse Lane shortly after we received it. It is not the customers responsibility to keep track of documents for Superior Construction. The ****** family notified Superior Construction of the damage to the washing machine shortly after it was done. Superior construction waited 6 months to request documentation specific to the damage at that time the maintenance technician could not remember specifics regarding the visit. Jesse Lane and ***** Loebrick both stated that the washing machine should have been covered during the construction. It was not and as a result was filled with various construction debris. The BBB exists to assist consumers who are struggling with companies. Complaining about the method of which the ****** family decided to go is not productive, after nearly a year of no progress the ****** family desired this to be done and put behind them. What it comes down to is Superior Construction is not paying for damage they caused. They have still not made it out to fix the toilet which runs constantly (even though the ******'s have been told multiple times a call will be coming), at no point after the furniture repair technician was out did Superior Construction contact the ******'s to see if the repair was successful. This process has been extremely exhausting and the ******'s would like their project 100% completed and compensation for the items which were damaged.

Contractors - General, Contractor - Commercial, Storm Windows & Doors - Repair, Fire & Water Damage Restoration, Accident Reconstruction Service, Molds, Siding Contractors, Building Contractors