BBB Accredited Business since 10/30/2012

Scott Didrikson Construction, Inc.

04/23/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Roof replaced - Issue involving hornet infestation. Roofer not responding. Insurance company involved and indicating there is an issue with work.
Contractor not responding/addressing roofing issue. Worked on many homes/roofs at one time after a hail storm in May 2012. Client owns one of the last homes to be reroofed. Insurance company indicating there is an issue with the roof work itself; That 4X8 sheets is what code reads, but it is not, what is there is something that was used for cedar shakes which home does not have now. Gaps were common and indicated with cedar shakes. Home has not had cedar shakes for approximately 12 years or two roofs ago. There are gaps where hornets entered and made a nest and are entering into the home - Live hornets in the home now. Pest control is researching type of insect. Owner has chronic condition where there is great potential for a fatality from the hornets and certain pesticides. Roof needs to be fixed or replaced - nest needs to be found and removed. Home is a duplex that is owned by two persons.

Would like the roof to be redressed. Damage was not assessed correctly post hail storm. Roofer was notified before the roof went up about the insects, but did not, apparently, look for the nest or see the nest.

Scott didrikson construction did not come into contact with any bees nest and if we would have we deffinetly would of sprayed it. We were working with other home owner cause complaint ant was in the hospital. We were never informed about nest. We sent a repair man over to meet home owner about complaint she stated bees were in her walls that is not in our line of work we recommended a exterminator. Upon tearing off the roof we noted it was not up to code . Scott didrikson worked with ins co and brought roof up to code roof deck was resheeted 1/2 Osb and is 100% solid. Roof was installed 100% up to code with great workmanship.thair is no question on workmenship with ins company. We work real close with ins company's if thair is any kind of problems or questions ins company's call us directly if thair is a insect -bee problem thair not comming in through the roof nor did they get in through the roof the roof was buttoned up the same day it had came off.we would like to solve this problem but the bees have nothing at all to do with the roof or the work that we did.

09/24/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

New roof was installed in Nov 2010. Problems with water leakage were found shortly afterwards. Company has not repaired problems after contact.
In November 2010 ********* construction installed a new roof on my home. Shortly afterwards, water leakage problems were encountered, with damage to an indoor ceiling along with leakage into the basement. The company was contacted by phone, with no immediate response given. Eventually, on 3 occasions. a worker came by briefly to attempt to use filler to take care of the problem, which it did not. The last worker, **** stated that the problem would need to be addressed by removing roofing from the affected area, and repaired. He also stated that the "cricket" was installed improperly. After some time, a certified letter was written, and 3 attempts were made to deliver the letter, with the secretary ***** refusing to accept it. A major storm took place on June 20, 2012, with a large amount of water leakage which further damaged the inside ceiling. After multiple attempts to again contact Mr. ********* and sending a fax to his address, he finally came to the house and spoke with my son and I. July 16, 2012 He stated that he would have the problem fixed, but gave no indication of a time frame. I spoke with my insurance agent, who contacted the secretary, and I was told that she was rude and did not respond to any repair requests. As of this date, Aug 21, 2012, no attempt to contact me or repair this problem has been made. As of Nov this year, it will be 2 years since the original work took place. This problem has caused me much anxiety and stress, as the damage will only continue to get worse.

I would like to have the roof repaired, and the damaged area inside my home to be repaired as well. I do not want a temporary fix, I would like and expect the work to be done in a professional manner, and completed correctly so this problem does not occur again in the future. My previous roof did not have problems with leakage, so this problem took place after the work was done by ********* constrruction.

We completed ************** roof in November 2010. We were contacted the following spring that water was dripping into her basement. I sent a repair person over to inspect her chimney
there were a couple gaps in the caulking which was repaired at that time. There was no interior damage at that time. Approximately 1 year later I received another phone call stating ************ thought the roof might be leaking around the chimney area when it would rain very heavily and with strong winds. I was told she had a "repair man" (not from our company) on her roof inspecting/attempting to fix it. I told her not to have anyone on her roof unless thery were from our company because we cannot warranty their work. We never installed a "cricket" on ************** roof. Also, I did not refuse any certified letters and I told ************ I believed I missed the mailman and had a card stating one was at the post office. She told me not to worry about it, that she sent it just so I would call her. In July 2012 I sent ***** to her house to inspect the chimney and alleged interior damage. He did not find anything wrong with her roof or interior ceiling or floor. He said he would have someone take off the chimney flashing and re flash in case the heavy winds/rain had loosened it. That was completed. Any complaints from ************ came from the chimney area, which has been newly flashed. I personnally have spoke with her insurance agent several times and have never been rude. At this point we have done everything possible to satisfy ************. There was a 1 year labor warranty on her roof which expired in November 2011. We have not charged her for any additional services nor can we be responsible for other repair people on her roof.

Our complaint of roof leakage was not completed to our satisfaction. I expect more leakage will occur in the future. ********** has never checked for attic damage and claims to have put new flashing around the chimney. I have no way of knowing when this was supposedly done - no phone contact before or after the alleged repairs. The leaks came from the ceiling plaster a foot away from the fireplace and chimney.
The company appears to be run by an office girl who is not interested in being helpful with roofing mistakes. I was surprised to learn ********** only covers their work for one year on labor. This is unacceptable but in fact is in their contract. I hope this will alert others who need roofing jobs that this kind of company had no interest in providing responsible work. If you need corrections to a problem you are their enemy.

Contractors - General, Snow Removal Service, Windows - Repairing, Home Design & Planning, Chimney Cleaning, Windows, Windows & Doors - Installation & Service, Siding Materials, Shingles, Manufactured Homes - Repair & Service, Guards - Door & Window, Doors - Rolling, Doors - Installation, Doors - Patio, Doors, Door Frames, Home Repair & Maintenance, Windows - Installation & Service, Remodeling Services, Construction & Remodeling Services, Siding Contractors, Contractor - Metal Roofing, Contractors - Framing, Roofing Contractors, Roof Structures, Deck - Repair, Painters - Commercial or Residential, Painting Contractors, Home Improvements - Additions, Home Improvements, Garage Builders, Doors - Repair, Contractor - Home Performance, Contractor - Remodel & Repair, Chimney Builders & Repair, Carpenters