Miller and Sons Construction Inc

08/20/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

They take days to return phone calls and make mulitple appointments and don't keep them to look at a problem with my roof they did less than a yr ago.
I have been trying to have Miller and Sons come look at a potential problem with the roof they installed for two weeks now. My mom called them on May 27th, with no repsone. I then called on May 28th and left a message, they returned both calls on Friday May 30th. My mom talked to Brandon and she was suppose to call him at 1:30 to confirm the appointment for that afternoon at 3pm. She called at 1:30 and 2pm with no response. They did not show up. My mom then called multiple times over the weekend. They called her back on Monday and sent up a meeting for Wednesday morning. She called him at 9:15 as he had asked and he did not answer. She called again to confirm the appointment and he never answered nor called her back. So again missed appointment. He then called her Thrusday June 5th and they set up a 3rd appointment for Monday June 9th at 11am. She again called to confirm the appointment with no answer. He didn't show up for a 3rd appointment. We told him when we talked to him that we wanted him to come take a look at the ventilation, because I had a different contractor come look at my attic and he said that I should have them come look at it, because it shouldn't be that hot up there. There is also a 10 yr warranty on my roof, and if they won't come look what does that say about their warranty?

To follow through on their commitment. To come take a look at the problem and if it is something that they are responsible for, fix it. That is why you have a warranty, I would think.

To whom it may concern:
*****'s mom had called Miller and Sons Construction to request that ******* take a look at issues she believes are due to ventilation after Miller and Sons completed a new roof for her last year. ******* agreed that he'd make time to look at the issue. ******* had set up an appointment time and asked that *****'s mom would verify by 2:00. Her mom called an hour after 2, but because ******* hadn't heard back, he had moved on to another appointment. He returned her call later that day to reschedule but the times he was available, didn't work for her schedule. ******* was very accommodating on shuffling his schedule around to make an appointment time work for her, and once they agreed on a time that could potentially work, he told her that he would call to confirm the appointment time. However, he was unable to make that time work so he never called to verify that time. He later set a time to meet on the following Monday. Unfortunately, ******* was in a car accident on Monday (we have pictures of the truck to verify) and upon all of the chaos, he did miss the appointment. He is sincerely sorry for the inconvenience- we've also been working on trying to port *******'s cell phone number to be the landline for our office since June 19th, so that phone number is currently disconnected while Charter is working on transferring it. Although this is not an issue covered by the warranty (because the craftsmanship has not failed), to appease the customer we will send an employee out at our earliest convenience.

After finally getting a response from Miller and Sons, ******* asked one question concerning what type of ventilation roofing they had placed. He then proceeded to state this was next to impossible to have been improperly done. It took several requests before he agreed to come and take a look. He asked that I call him at 1:30 that day, so we could verify the 3pm appointment for that afternoon. I started calling at 1:30 and left messages. He finally returned my call on Monday June, 2nd and we set up an appointment for Wednesday 6/4/14. I called him at 9:15, as he had asked and there was no answer so I left a message. I tried several more times that am without a response. He returned the call the next day. We set up another time for 11 am Monday 6/9/14. He said this was his first pm appointment so it should work. I called again to confirm the appointment with no answer. When he wasn't there by 1:45 I called him and he answered and then informed me he was just leaving Lewiston and would not be able to meet. Over the next several days I called both ******* and his Dad's cell phones attempting to resolve the question of ventilation and neither returned these phones calls.

Since this response to the BBB was obviously not written by the person, *******, that I spoke with multiple times, I am informing you that ******* would tell me the times he had available and I choose from those. That the father is stating that there was shuffling of appointments is not accurate.
I see from the date of the response it took this business approximately five weeks to answer the BBB attempts to work for a resolution. This response was written to the BBB after I spoke with the father because the Department of Labor informed us to call him directly. Interestingly enough, when I called on 7/18 @ 2:25 pm and left the name from the Dept of Labor I received a phone call back in less than five minutes. He gave several excuses on why there had been no follow through, but he said it was too late to get someone out on that day, but he would have one of his men contact me Monday to set up a time for them to check the roof. Following this businesses pattern of communication, they did not call as stated and have not called since. My daughter's neighbor went with the same company so they generated an additional job because of my daughter choosing their company, yet they cannot take 15 minutes to evaluate their customer's issue.

As the consumer I am struggling with how a business can present themselves as having a ten year warranty, if they refuse to ever come to check to see if there maybe a potential issue. Presently, I just want to make sure that other consumers that are checking company reviews prior to choosing, have the knowledge that this company has a very poor follow through and that. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Contractors - General, Contractors - Flooring, Windows, Doors - Installation, Hardwood Floor Contractors, Windows - Installation & Service, Bathroom Remodeling, Construction & Remodeling Services, Siding Contractors, Commercial Roofing, Roofing Contractors, Painters - Commercial or Residential, Home Improvements - Additions, Home Improvements, Kitchen Remodeling