BBB Accredited Business since 06/05/2012

Sunrise Exteriors, Inc.

01/03/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I purchased "$1,000 worth of windows for $250" through Living Social. The business will not respond to contact & no service has been provided.
I purchased a deal through Living Social for $1,000 of windows for $250. I paid the $250 in advance on September 28, 2012. I received my voucher the next day and called the number on the voucher provided by Living Social within a week or two.

I spoke with someone at Sunrise Exteriors once. He told me they do not do glass block windows, so I requested a replacement for a basement window and a kitchen window. I was given a verbal ballpark figure of $750 for the basement window and we selected a date for him to come to my house, but not a time.

The employee (owner?) at Sunrise asked me to text him the date and time. I did within a day. He never responded and didn't call or show up on the agreed upon date. I texted again. No response. I called. No return call.

At that point I filed a complaint through Living Social (on 11/17/12). I was advised they were looking into it. I did not hear anything further, so sent another inquiry on 11/26/12 and then again on 12/13/12. I've not heard anything from either Sunrise Exteriors or Living Social.

At this point I would be concerned with any work that might be done, so I'm guessing my money is not refundable and that I have lost the $250. However, I would like a refund if possible, or at least to file this complaint as the services were paid for and certainly not provided, nor did I receive any contact initiated by Sunrise Exteriors at any point in time after they received my advance payment.

This is extremely poor business practice at minimum, a scam at worst.

A refund of the $250 paid.

This is a response to the complaint given by Miss ***** ********. I am the owner of Sunrise Exteriors in Minnetonka and this is the first time that I realized there was any type of issue or problem that existed with Miss ********.
All leads through Living Social were given to a Field Manager who is no longer with Sunrise Exteriors. He excepted a job with another company in an unrelated field of work approximately 2 months ago. He never mentioned any appointments that were not handled prior to his leaving.
More important...Miss ******** at no time ever contacted the office or left a message about the situation so the problem could be handled correctly. I in fact looked through all the office records and could not even locate any calls or any data on Miss ********.
Using the information listed on the BBB complaint I have left a voicemail on 12/21/12 stating that she would absolutely receive her $250.00 back, explained the situation, gave my sincere apology, and would like to speak with her. I also left a voice message on 12/27/12 to contact me to make sure I could address the issue.
I have also contacted Living Social to make sure that they know that Miss ******** will be calling and will need her investment returned promptly, which they said it would be absolutely no problem to do.
My biggest regret is that ***** ******** was an unsatisfied customer, but if she would of called the office number...I would have been aware of the problem and I would have handled the issue as a first priority. My goal with my small company is to always put the customer first and do everything in my power to make sure every customer a satisfied customer. I pride myself on the highest Ethics in this industry and I can provide a list of customers that will testify to my professionalism, knowledge, and dedication I have to do things correctly.

At this time I will send an email to the address listed for ***** ******** with the Living Social Customer Care telephone number so she may have her investment returned. (************). It should be noted that dealing with Living Social on the business end has been extremely enjoyable and they have done an excellent job answering the questions that I have had.

The business did send me an email after I filed this complaint, advising that they had contacted Living Social and approved a refund. This was fortunate, as when I contacted Living Social they had no record of the owner contacting then in response to my complaint to Living Social, or approving a refund. Living Social accepted a copy of the email as proof that the owner had agreed to release the funds back to me.

Additionally, the information above contains inaccuracies. I did send two text messages and then left a voice mail message at the phone number listed on the business' website. I have cell phone records if it becomes necessary to provide proof that I did, indeed, as a consumer do everything I could to try and get a hold of this company before filing the complaint.

However, I am extremely happy to have received the refund from Living Social and would now like to close the complaint.

Thank you!

Construction & Remodeling Services, Contractor - Flat Roof, Contractor - Commercial, Soffit & Fascia, Hail Repair, Construction Management, Windows - Vinyl, Windows - Wood, Windows, Shingles, Slate, Home Repair & Maintenance, Insured Property Replacement Service, Windows - Installation & Service, Siding Contractors, Roofing Service Consultants, Contractor - Metal Roofing, Commercial Roofing, Roofing Contractors, Roof Structures, Home Improvements, Contractors - Gutters, Gutters & Downspouts, Contractor - Remodel & Repair, Contractors - General, Construction Estimates, Building Contractors