BBB Accredited Business since 03/06/2009

30-30 Concrete, Inc.

08/30/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Wanted to make my concrete driveway straight.Only made the driveway straight from the sidewalk. He said the bottom half is not a driveway????
Explained to the contractor that I wanted to make my current concrete driveway straight.He provided me a quote and I agreed.He thought the job was finished because, he considered the bottom half of the driveway (after the sidewalk) not a driveway. I explained to him that when I said I wanted my driveway striaght I meant the entire driveway and not just half. He kept saying the bottom half of my driveway is not a driveway.

Finish the bottom half.

30-30 (Mr. ******) contacted me this morning and he agreed to finish the job with an agreed additional price of $500. He will comeback tomorrow to do the final touchup when the driveway has cured. I will follow-up with you once all is complete.

11/11/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Promised repair or scheduling of repair of unsatisfactory installment of driveway
A concrete driveway was installed on 8/27/2014. A crack developed all the way across within 2 days. I was told that it would be repaired, it has not and no date was scheduled as of now.
I have tried contacting the company by phone and e mail. They have not responded.
Payment has been paid in full($8925). I was told the installment was guaranteed for two years.

Repair of the faulty section or refund of half the cost of project.

To whom it may concern,

In response to the recent complaint we at 30-30 Concrete Inc. have received from a said ******* ****** we would like to formally respond in the following.

We were contacted by Home Advisor on July 30th 2014 with ******* ******'s contact information and a description of the concrete work he was looking to have done at his home which was a driveway replacement.

After contacting Mr. ****** to set an appointment we did do so and offered him a fair market value price to replace his asphalt driveway with new concrete. After Mr. ****** received other estimates that were thousands of dollars higher he contacted us again to hire us. Our sales representative who handles all of the incoming residential concrete calls and estimates met with Mr. ****** to go over the job, sign a contract and take a down payment of half of the total cost for us to get started on his driveway replacement. He was walked through the specifics of the process of the job which includes the following. Which is listed in our initial estimate that Mr. ****** received and accepted.

30-30 Concrete goes above and beyond in its preparation of the job before we pour any new concrete to ensure there is a solid base, that the base is compacted with a grade compactor and that there is 3 foot on center tied rebar throughout the entire area. 30-30 Concrete Inc. also used a 4500 psi concrete mix which is what is recommended by the redi mix companies for driveways in MN. We ad fiber mesh to the redi mix which is a higher cost for us but ensures a more quality driveway by adding extra strength though out the depth of the concrete and extra strength to the surface of the concrete compared to a regular mix.

30-30 Concrete Inc. does believe in standing by its work and does just that by offering a 2 year workmanship warranty.(if concrete is not seal second time by the home owner or professional is no warranty at all) We spend extra money in our material and preparation to ensure there are no issues with our work so we are not returning to a job for repairs and a los in time in money. Unfortunately concrete is a material that is unpredictable and can leave hairline cracks shortly after being poured and can and will eventually crack over years. The preparation we put in is to curve those results but at the end of the day are out of our control,

We do state in our warranty that WE DO NOT WARRANTY CRACKING OF ANY KIND. There is no guaranteed way to prevent cracking leaving us no option for warranty on that subject.

We were contacted by Mr. ****** after we had poured the concrete explaining that a hairline crack had shown up shortly after we had poured the driveway. Our sales rep did tell him we would absolutely asses the crack and get back to him with our opinion and any options we may be able to offer to a solution. With a busy schedule we did explain we would not be able to get to him immediately but would in the days to come. We did receive another call from Mr. ****** asking to have us get back to him and stating he would not accept anything from us but replacement of the section that had the hairline crack. We did contact him back and had not got ahold of him then receiving notice of complaints filed to the BBB and Home Advisor. We emailed him back explaining the situation and offering him a couple of options. He again said he would not accept anything but replacement and that he would not resend his complaints until so.

30-30 Concrete did try and work with Mr. ****** to give options. We did follow up with him immediately and were more than willing to try and find a solution with him before being bombarded with the complaints filed.

As stated, our warranty does not warrant any cracking of any sort and at this time we are unable to make an exception in this case. 30-30 Concrete Inc. followed all of the proper steps in the preparation and installation of Mr. ******'s driveway and will have a professional from the redi mix company give his professional opinion to the material we used to the installation, pressure joints cut into the slab and finish of the slab to determine we did in fact replace his driveway to the highest standards.

We have attached emails and info pertaining to this matter.

Please let us know how we can further assist you in clearing our distinguished name in this matter.

30-30 Concrete Inc

________________________________________

***copied and pasted from email.

The cracks in the driveway showed up the night they poured the concrete. I think this is a installation problem. Therefore refund, repair or replacement is the only acceptable resolution.

Business would like to use the BBB mediation program.

Concrete Contractors, Concrete Aggregates